PDA

View Full Version : MK9 score?

Phish
12-09-2016, 06:00 AM
Happened to come across an a nice MK9 with box in the local Cabelas gun library for $209.99 minus 10% off special which came down to 189.99 and just couldn't say no! Still can't quite figure out why so cheap but cleaned it up and looks like it hasn't been fired much. Looking forward to putting some range time on this baby.

Ed M
12-09-2016, 06:57 AM
Just checked Cabela's gun library online, and the only used MK9 they have left is going for $729.99 (plus 10% off).

You really should go buy some lottery tickets - just sayin'.....

Genin
12-09-2016, 07:16 AM
Wow, that's pretty amazing. I swear I must be the most unlucky guy because I always hear about these incredible buys people find, but I NEVER seem to get them myself. I think I got a great deal on my MK9 for $679 on buds, but $210 is crazy cheap.

Alfonse
12-09-2016, 08:30 AM
Yeah, that is a great deal, and welcome! I wouldn't have passed it up either. MK9s are sweet and when you shoot it you will probably find even more to like than the price.

Phish
12-09-2016, 09:38 AM
I actually passed it up as I was looking for an XD40 4" Springfield but turned around and walked back to get it. Someone really screwed up on the listing so I bought before they realized their mistake. :-)

Phish
12-09-2016, 09:39 AM
I wished it was T9 tho but yea I hope it becomes a regular in my EDC rotation.

Phish
12-14-2016, 06:48 AM
I took the MK9 out to the range twice using Remington 147 FMJ and bought a couple box of the Federal 150 HST. Second time around I added A piece of skateboard tape on the front of grip for more control which ended up being a real good thing especially when it's cold as heck outside. The MK9 ran flawless to say. Wanted to go to the local indoor range to get out of the cold but they kinda hectic right now so will wait till it slows down after the holiday. The more I shoot it the more I enjoy it since I always used a 40 or 45 caliber and kinda being biased against the 9mm. Getting older, the bigger caliber tends to be hard on my hands especially when you have severe arthritis from being a lifetime plumber/pipe fitter.

Shooting at 7yds all my shots are kept in 2" square which is fine with me. Hammered out some fast El Presidente drills the groups opened to about 4"ish group. Still trying to figure out how to post some pictures to no avail.

Another thing is I found is that the MK9 fits my desantis holster for my EMP 1911 40 fits really well. The MK9 will get its own dedicated holster once I decide on which holster to get.

Getting a new grips, holster, couple more mags and I will be set. Maybe the Pearce grip extension.

Ed M
12-14-2016, 07:55 AM
Glad your MK9 is working out well for you. Guess you two were just meant to be together.

Did you shoot any of those 150 gr HST's through it yet? Mine really likes those rounds - accurate and super soft shooting. They're not the hottest velocity wise, but follow up shots are a breeze.

Check ebay for mags - just bought two 6 round mags for $61, free shipping. Of course, with your luck, you'll probably find them super cheap at Cabela's......

gb6491
12-14-2016, 08:48 AM

Shooting at 7yds all my shots are kept in 2" square which is fine with me. Hammered out some fast El Presidente drills the groups opened to about 4"ish group. Still trying to figure out how to post some pictures to no avail.

You have to have made 30 posts before you can attach photos here. In the meantime, you can find an off site host to upload your photos to then post them here using the "" code. I usually forgo attaching here and use tinypic.com to host my image. After upload there they provide a url with the "" code already in place, it's a quick copy then paste here.
Looking forward to seeing your MK9:)
Regards,
Greg

CPTKILLER
12-14-2016, 08:55 AM
Superb deal!

Phish
12-14-2016, 09:45 AM
Yea what I thought, I haven't used my photobucket account in awhile but check out tinypic.com. Thanks!

Phish
12-14-2016, 09:54 AM
Glad your MK9 is working out well for you. Guess you two were just meant to be together.

Did you shoot any of those 150 gr HST's through it yet? Mine really likes those rounds - accurate and super soft shooting. They're not the hottest velocity wise, but follow up shots are a breeze.

Check ebay for mags - just bought two 6 round mags for $61, free shipping. Of course, with your luck, you'll probably find them super cheap at Cabela's......
Yes I certainly did, put 2 boxes thru it and very impressed with that the powder they use is much faster in order for it to reduce muzzle flash. I know that some people complained about them but I had to see for myself. Yea it may be costly but it is what I plan using for sure. I just picked up 2-8rd mags for 50 bucks at local gun shop out the door. He has some more I will get my hands on soon. Will be checking around but I like supporting these small shops more so. Cabelas has none in stock either but I bet someone there is butt hurting big time for sure letting this go unnoticed! hehe!