PDA

View Full Version : CM45 experiences

vcutrader
01-03-2017, 11:47 AM
I am currently looking at the CM45 and just wanted to get feedback from any current owners. Also if recoil seems reasonable given small size and light weight. KAhrs are tough to find my way so I am unable to rent one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I love the CM9 and ready for a new option

Bills1873
01-03-2017, 01:44 PM
I have one, ran beautifully right out of the box. Has about 600 rounds through it. Definitely larger than the CM9, but still small for a 45. Had a Taurus PT745, and they were close in size, but the CM45 is sleeker and shoots WAY more accurately and is less punishing, that is why I sold it. I put bicycle inner tube over the grip, which smooths out the aggressive Kahr grip without adding much bulk. It's my favorite gun to shoot. While it's not a pocket possible gun like the CM9, it works really well IWB. You won't find a softer shooting 45 in that size.

Wayland
01-09-2017, 01:30 PM
When Kahr recommends a 200 round break-in, they mean it. I had so many problems with my cm45, that I almost wanted to cry. I was using good federal and remington fmj ammo, but the slide was jamming, or the round would not seat fully. I would bring it to the range and put 30 or 50 rounds through it and then it would stop cycling. I'd put it aside and switch guns for the day. That went on for about 5 trips, and then magically, at 200 rounds, that thing became the picture of sweetness-- perfection. I've put at least 500 rounds without a problem, and it is my regular carry gun now. I love it-- great trigger.

Phish
01-09-2017, 01:43 PM
Mine ran perfect from thd start. Only trojble i had was when I needed to eject a loaded round. A simple fix by taking off a little bit off the barrel hood.

O'Dell
01-10-2017, 01:25 AM
I had a PM45, and when it was stolen I replaced it with a CM45. Both ran fine from the first shot. The CM is my favorite carry when I can cover a holster.

yqtszhj
01-10-2017, 05:36 AM
Ive had both the cm45 and cw45. I prefer the cw45 because size and weight difference is minimal, it carries an extra round, and recoil in the cw45 is not any worse than some micro 9mm's. If you will not be trying to pocket carry consider the cw45. Just a thought.

pbagley
01-17-2017, 08:00 PM
Ive had both the cm45 and cw45. I prefer the cw45 because size and weight difference is minimal, it carries an extra round, and recoil in the cw45 is not any worse than some micro 9mm's. If you will not be trying to pocket carry consider the cw45. Just a thought.

Ditto. But my CW45 has been a problem child and my CM45 has been problem free. Luck of the draw I suppose. In my case I love the CM45 and just like the CW45 now that most of the issues are sorted out. The only issue I've had with the CM45 was the unloading a round from the chamber, like Phish above. This started after more than 500 rounds. I'm not sure if the slight carbon build up I removed or the slight smoothing of the barrel hood fixed the issue.

Big bird
01-28-2017, 10:34 AM
Thought I would express my frustrations with my CM45, or maybe with Kahr. I own a CM9, CM40 and the CM45. I've had to send both my CM40 and my CM45 in for service several times. I've only had the CM9 for three months and put about 300 rounds through it but all with no issue yet.. Last week the CM45 started to fail to fire every 6 or 7 rounds and then on every 3 to 4 rounds. Then on every round. It was light-striking the rounds and so I took pictures of the light strikes and sent it to Kahr with a note. They sent it back with a note saying that they had replaced the barrel along with four spent casings showing good strikes. As it is one of my carry guns, today I took it to the range and on the fourth round it failed to fire. Not only that, it jammed and took about ten minutes to clear. Thinking it could be the ammo, I switched and the same thing. This time it wouldn't fire anything and jammed each time I tried to clear it, another ten minutes. The third time I could not clear the jam and I guess I'll have to send it back that way. Really, really disappointed in Kahr.

gb6491
01-28-2017, 11:29 AM
Thought I would express my frustrations with my CM45, or maybe with Kahr. I own a CM9, CM40 and the CM45. I've had to send both my CM40 and my CM45 in for service several times. I've only had the CM9 for three months and put about 300 rounds through it but all with no issue yet.. Last week the CM45 started to fail to fire every 6 or 7 rounds and then on every 3 to 4 rounds. Then on every round. It was light-striking the rounds and so I took pictures of the light strikes and sent it to Kahr with a note. They sent it back with a note saying that they had replaced the barrel along with four spent casings showing good strikes. As it is one of my carry guns, today I took it to the range and on the fourth round it failed to fire. Not only that, it jammed and took about ten minutes to clear. Thinking it could be the ammo, I switched and the same thing. This time it wouldn't fire anything and jammed each time I tried to clear it, another ten minutes. The third time I could not clear the jam and I guess I'll have to send it back that way. Really, really disappointed in Kahr.
As you are having trouble clearing unfired rounds (slide slightly out of battery is my guess), it might be that your barrel does not have enough free bore. This condition can also keep the slide from going fully into battery (probably causing light/no strikes).
http://i42.tinypic.com/10fnptx.jpg
Here are some links with discussion about this (the second link has contact info for a member that does related work):
http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?1612-CW45-(and-other-poly-Kahr-pistols)-issues-and-fixes&p=354745#post354745
http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?27829-CW45-doesn-t-chamber-properly/page2

Regards,
Greg

franco45
02-09-2017, 08:01 PM
Thanks for your input guys. I haven't been on this forum for awhile. I've been wanting a CM45 for some time now. They are hard to find in my area. I haven't seen one for a few months. I will probably have to shop the internet gun stores.

gb6491
02-09-2017, 08:22 PM
Thanks for your input guys. I haven't been on this forum for awhile. I've been wanting a CM45 for some time now. They are hard to find in my area. I haven't seen one for a few months. I will probably have to shop the internet gun stores.
Nice to see you stopping by again:) Hope all is well with you and yours.
Regards,
Greg

franco45
02-10-2017, 08:53 PM
Thanks gb6491. I certainly love my Kahr pistols and have I've gained a lot of knowledge on this forum.

kwh
02-12-2017, 07:49 AM
Just my opinion. The CM9 is my perfect pocket carry. Belt carry I use the CW9 or CW45.
Much more difficult to extract best bullet performance from a short barrel .45 than a 9mm. These days does not seem to be much practical difference between the 9's, 40's and .45's in smaller defensive pistols.

JCs
03-18-2017, 04:05 PM
My CM45 has been a great pistol. Unfortunately after 12.000 rounds it started exhibiting light strikes. I am sending it back under warranty. The pistol is very easy on the hand, even while shooting +p 185 gr hollow points. The sights are unique and accuracy is very good.

trentu
03-26-2017, 04:53 AM
Went with the wife Saturday to a local sporting good store so she could return some exercise clothes. Walking past the guns I noticed a CM45. I made the mistake of asking to see it. A guy had traded it in on a 9mm because the recoil was too much for him. Once they told me it had 3 extra magazines and a nice leather holster I had to start filling out the adoption papers. Not bad I think for $400 out the door. Will shoot it today once the rain lets up. :)

jeepster09
03-26-2017, 06:57 AM
Good score!

joemsj51
03-29-2017, 10:09 AM
I am looking at a new Kahr CM45 for $325 and the CW45 for around $315.
3-4 Online dealers at that price.... thru slickgunsdotcom