PDA

View Full Version : CCW belt holster question

Ken43
02-01-2017, 08:29 AM
What is a good comfortable CCW belt holster for a PM9 and a CW9. I think leather would be more comfortable.

Bawanna
02-01-2017, 09:12 AM
There's a plethora of good belts out there and I prefer leather myself although some of the good nylon belts work well too.

The trick is get a belt that's stiff and heavy. It doesn't have to be 1 1/2 or wider but strong.

I've been wearing a Jerry Bissell made belt for several years now. He's retired and his nephew is making them or so I hear. I think he calls himself Armour Belts. I'm sure it'll last long as I do. That's just one.

Stay away from the girlyman dress slack belts that you can wrap around your little finger and toss in the sock drawer where they should stay far as I'm concerned.

wyntrout
02-01-2017, 09:20 AM
Check out the Looper or Bladetech belts on Kahr.com. They were still $50 the last time I checked. Looper now asks $80 for them. The belts are leather with a Kydex inner layer for reinforcement. They don't stretch or sag, and look great. I have several in my size and bought a spare after checking at Looper's and seeing the price increase.

Picture here with my CrossBreed MiniTuck bought for the PM9, but all Kahrs except the .380 fit it.

Wynn

Ken L
02-01-2017, 09:43 AM
I am extremely pleased with my Aker belt. Leather with something sewn in for stiffening. Got it on Amazon, they have a sizing guide on the Aker website. Very comfortable. I've tried a few belts from the department stores, and this one beats them all hands down.

https://www.amazon.com/Aker-Leather-Concealed-Carry-Belt/dp/B001TONEIG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485967267&sr=8-1&keywords=Aker+belt

GLOCKROCKER
02-01-2017, 03:35 PM
Check out MTR custom leather.http://mtrcustomleather.com I have several of their holsters and a belt made by them. Good folks and great products. I also have a great belt and holster from Mernickle. Bawanna turned me on to them.

Longitude Zero
02-01-2017, 05:34 PM
Aker and Hanks make excellent looking belts that are designed and built for carrying a firearm.

berettabone
02-02-2017, 07:18 AM
I know you said leather, but I still use the Wilderness 5 stitch.....................................

Ken43
02-03-2017, 08:53 AM
I have good belts. I need a good OWB belt HOLSTER. Thought a leather holster would be more comfortable than any of the kydex types

Bawanna
02-03-2017, 08:58 AM
Guess we all misunderstood the question. For me no question. Check out Mernickle. Very comfy, good people, and good stuff.

I like the PS6? I think that's the model. Rides high and hugs the body. Nearly as concealable as an IWB. Just need a cover garment of course.

berettabone
02-03-2017, 09:04 AM
I thought that leather would be more comfy also, but went to kydex for OWB. If you don't need something that's pinned to your body, is on/off friendly, fast, and allows you movement for getting in the car, bending over, etc., check out Cook's. I have 2 for different firearms and they work well for me. Not a real long waiting period either. They don't break the bank. 0 to 15 degree cant if needed. I have an oversize mag release and different sights on the black holster, and the fit is perfect. I also like the fact that the only wear is by the trigger guards. You'll always get some somewhere eventually.

Ken43
02-03-2017, 10:45 AM
Bawana
Which model of the PS6? They show several

CPTKILLER
02-03-2017, 11:07 AM
I have moved to Kydex mainly from leather.

If that appeals to you, contact TJ at:

http://www.nosurrenderholsters.com

Also look at:

https://www.tacticalholsters.com

Bawanna
02-03-2017, 11:42 AM
Bawana
Which model of the PS6? They show several

I went with the plain PS6. It says something about extreme high ride. They have since added a low ride and a medium too as I recall.

I like the high ride. I'm a full time sitter, it doesn't interfere sitting in my chair or in the car. It's tucked snug against the body. He puts a clever little tab on the inside to keep the gun from tilting out as high ride holsters so often do.
I carry a commander size 1911 in mine but he will make them for Kahrs. I also have one for the single action army which can be worn strong side or cross draw.

Mostly what you see is different designs and finishes etc. He makes some great cowboy fancy rigs. Makes me wish I could stand up so I could wear one myself.

bugs
03-14-2017, 01:07 PM
I got one good leather holster for my EDC/COMP. CM9 from Rosen; pricey but comfortable to wear when pants are too snug for IWB.

NRA LIFER
IDPA BELEIVER

kwh
03-15-2017, 05:33 PM
Also could consider appendix carry. Another reader on the forum recommended the cloth OutBags holster with UltiClip. Inexpensive. Comfortable using Shield with thumb safety.
For 4:00 carry I have a PJ kydex holster for my CW9 and a Wild Bill leather with off set clip for my CW45. Leather takes up more room. Both are equally comfortable.

Barth
04-23-2017, 09:55 AM
I've got a Crossfire Elite Rocket 3-3.5" holster with a Galco SB5 Sport Belt.
Super comfortable and fast crossdraw.
Have one 4" for my DW V-Bob :cool:
3-3.5 for Hk P2000/P2000SK.
Sure my Kahr MK40 Elite would work well too :D

Full Disclosure:
I'm not LE but did stay in a Holiday Express :D