PDA

View Full Version : Oil or light grease on rails on my PM 9?

oldjarhead
02-13-2017, 06:55 AM
I have used light grease on my Sig Sauer p229 and my 1911s rails. I am wondering if I should use ordinary gun oil or grease on the rails of my Kahr PM 9? Since the rails on the frame is polymer, I want to use what is more likely not to degrade it. What do you all think?:confused:

marshal kane
02-13-2017, 07:08 AM
I just apply a light coat of oil on the double guide fingers up front and the double metal tabs at the back of the guide rails on my P9. I don't think the polymer rails themselves even contact the slide as I never see any scuff marks there. I'm also concerned about lubing the polymer rails as I think certain lubes may attack the polymer. Comments from others welcomed.

berettabone
02-13-2017, 07:32 AM
I use only oil on my MK, per lubing instructions on this site. Some of my other firearms get some Tetra grease on the rails. Never had an issue with my HK poly.

Bawanna
02-13-2017, 09:02 AM
The polymer rails don't really do anything except help guide the slide onto the metal rails.
They probably don't benefit for lube regardless.

I use light grease on the metal rails and the corresponding slot in the slide.

If anything I probably tend to over oil and lube. I've been trying to control myself and abide by the less if more theory with mixed success.

berettabone
02-13-2017, 11:29 AM
I let the firearm tell me where to apply some grease...................usually the wear spots are there for the greasin....................

bugs
02-13-2017, 12:17 PM
I use a gun oil saturated Q-tip to to lube rails,barrel,guide rod, and barrel hood of my EDC/Competition CM9. gun likes it!

NRA LIFER
IDPA BELEIVER

b4uqzme
02-13-2017, 01:12 PM
^^^ That's a good recommendation to keep from over lubing bugs. Thanks.