PDA

View Full Version : Janie

Dietrich
08-14-2010, 01:08 PM
My sister died about an hour ago after battling an inoperable brain tumor for eighteen months.Death was the most merciful option at the end.Fortunately she had already made her wishes known and legal concerning her demise.I was holding her hand when she left this world.It was one of the most precious moments in my life.Even though I mourn her death,I am celebrating her life.I can`t help but smile when I remember some of the predicaments we got into as kids.It`s a little odd to be smiling and crying at the same time.She was a wonderful sister.I`ve got to be one of the luckiest men on the face of the earth.So long Janie,I`ll see you later. I love you.

Jeremiah/Az
08-14-2010, 01:24 PM
I am very sorry for your loss. You have my sincere condolences.

jlottmc
08-14-2010, 02:09 PM
I second that, and if you need anything...

mr surveyor
08-14-2010, 02:22 PM
Dietrich

You have my sincere condolences.

surv

ripley16
08-14-2010, 02:53 PM
She was a wonderful sister.

My condolences to your family. Sounds like she had a terrific brother.

Bawanna
08-14-2010, 03:27 PM
Dietrich, my heart goes out to you as well. I know there is nothing anyone can do to help but the offers are genuine. I know you've mentioned your sister here for sometime and even when death is inevitable and expected it's still shocking and not easy.
My father in law passed a month ago and I too found myself smiling during the small memorial we had. I told everyone he was in his 90's, he was in very good health till the last 6 months or so of his life. He had the means to do whatever he wanted and traveled all over the world on cruises. He built several boats by his own hand, a 30ft or so sailboat being his crowning glory. Of any person I've ever known he had no bucket list. Knowing him his only possible regret would have been not to have lived long enough to do it all over again.
When the time comes that a person can no longer do the things they are accustomed to, and need help for basic needs, its a sad time and as you said death is a reward, the right thing. The only suffering after that is the survivors.
I'm glad you have memories to cherish of your younger days and feel blessed to have such a fine sister. I like to think that those who have gone before are having the time of their life and just waiting for us all to meet up again and join the party.
Again my condolences.

swampman
08-14-2010, 03:38 PM
My condolences,Deitrich,She has a good brother.:)

bps3040
08-14-2010, 05:07 PM
My condolences to your family, you are in our prayers.

wyntrout
08-14-2010, 05:33 PM
My condolences to you and your family, Dietrich. I'm very glad that you could be at her side.
Wynn

Ol'coot
08-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Dietrich,

Please accept my sincere condolences to you and your family, I will say a prayer for all.

Tony

MikeyKahr
08-14-2010, 06:47 PM
Hey Dietrich, I'm very sorry to hear about your sister Janie's passing. You've always been a very friendly and helpful contributor here on KT - so I can only imagine how wonderful you are as a brother, especially to Janie through her extended illness. I'll say a prayer tonight for you and hope you have a solid circle of family and friends around you to help you as you grieve.

Bawanna
08-14-2010, 09:11 PM
You got a solid circle of family right here brother. We're spread out a bit but we're right there with ya.

mrsig239
08-15-2010, 02:35 AM
Sorry for your loss! Sounds like she was a very special.

kahrseye
08-15-2010, 08:47 AM
Dietrich,

I'm sorry to hear of your sisters passing. It sounds like you two were quite close and had a wonderful relationship. Her memory will be with you always.

johnh
08-15-2010, 09:13 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You have my sincerest condolences as well. It is good that could be with her at the end. I can think of no greater gift to give her at that moment. My wife lost her father and grandfather this Winter, and although it was difficult to be with them when they passed, it has provided her great comfort to know she was there to comfort them.

Take care,

John

cgo99
08-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Sorry to hear about your sister, my condolences.

Dietrich
08-15-2010, 04:59 PM
Thank you for your messages of sympathy and support.It strengthens a man when his friends are there for him during a bad time.You are all good people and I am grateful and humbled.The funeral will be on Wednesday.After that,life will go back to normble.D.

rholmes69
08-15-2010, 08:44 PM
My condolences to your family. It is a hard passing that sorry can't heal, but it is peaceful to know where she is leaves her whole again. I have unfortunately been through it before as well. I think you aren't too far away from me (I'm knightdale/east raleigh). If you ever need someone to go get a beer with, my wife is pretty understanding.

To your sister and her life, may she enjoy the fruits of her time on earth in her in eternity.

TD2K
08-16-2010, 06:48 AM
I'm so sorry to hear of this. Prayers go out to you and your family.

recoilguy
08-16-2010, 09:33 AM
I am sorry for your loss and will pray for you and yor family. I lost my dad to a brain tumor last winter.............It was sad to see him go but like you I remeber the life lived and I smile when ever I think of him.

RCG

Jonah0207
08-16-2010, 10:51 AM
I am new to the forum and I tend to read more than I respond, however I am responding to your willingness to be real and vulnerable. WOW!! I appreciate your love and your relationship with your sister. She was as blessed as you have been and will continue to be. You said that the service is on Wednesday. I am praying for you and for your family.
Thank you for sharing!!
Jonah0207

getsome
08-16-2010, 01:31 PM
So sorry for your loss D...All your friends here at the KT family will be thinking of you any your family in the coming days and will keep you in our prayers...

deadhead1971
08-16-2010, 02:03 PM
I sent a PM