PDA

View Full Version : Smoothing out edge on the slide CM9

Don777
02-25-2017, 04:07 PM
Ok so the edge of the slide where the bullet casing is ejected comes to a sharp point. I don't know how to technically phrase that, but anyway, I want to smooth that out due to the fact that is catches on my holster just barely and shaves off a little bit of kydex when I draw... I'm talking barely any at all, the holster is a great fit and I don't want to get yet another holster... so... I read on a post on this forum that some people have smoothed out that edge, but I can't remember if they used a dremmel or what? If anyone has done this to their CM9 please tell me how? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gb6491
02-25-2017, 04:17 PM
Ok so the edge of the slide where the bullet casing is ejected comes to a sharp point. I don't know how to technically phrase that, but anyway, I want to smooth that out due to the fact that is catches on my holster just barely and shaves off a little bit of kydex when I draw... I'm talking barely any at all, the holster is a great fit and I don't want to get yet another holster... so... I read on a post on this forum that some people have smoothed out that edge, but I can't remember if they used a dremmel or what? If anyone has done this to their CM9 please tell me how? Thanks in advance.

There's some info you seek here: http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?29928-New-Cm9-Slide-question
Regards,
Greg

Don777
02-25-2017, 04:33 PM
That's the exact thread I was thinking of but I couldn't find it! Thank you sir...

ZardozCZ
02-26-2017, 06:52 PM
I used a half round India red stone there and on the serrations that were also sharp enough to cut. Some 400 grit to follow up and it's nice now. With care it can be done such that it isn't visible without close scrutiny.

Take your time and you'll appreciate the improvements.