PDA

View Full Version : Feed ramp issue

justdano
03-02-2017, 01:05 PM
If you look at the feed ramp, there is a piece of what seems like extra material that I can see and feel with my finger nail. I do have some FTF issues and am wondering is this is adding to that problem? My CM9 only has 120 rnds so far and I understand it is not broken in yet but that extra piece is not going to wear in or break off with another few hounded rounds.

Do you feed ramps look like the attached pics below? What suggestions do you have? Thanks

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah290/justdano1/20170302_112438_zpshpoh6o7c.jpg~original http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah290/justdano1/20170302_112249_zps3gi0f0pz.jpg

skiflydive
03-02-2017, 05:28 PM
You can easily file, sand, Dremel, that off. The ammo never touches that part of the ramp. If you ever break the front of the mag follower you can remove more material from that portion so it doesn't slap the follower under recoil. Here on the board that's known as a rampectomy.

Bobshouse
03-02-2017, 05:53 PM
I wouldn't do anything to that. Shoot it and if it continues to give you problems shoot a email to Kahr with some pics and see what they say.

robistro
03-03-2017, 06:10 AM
Don't file , grind on a new gun. It needs broken in. Like Bobshouse said, send pics to Kahr. They'll most likely ask you to send the gun back for repair. At least call them to let them know what's up until you see if it indeed needs sent back.
In the mean time breakdown , clean. keep racking the slide and dry fire until your next range trip.
Put it away with the slide locked back for a day or two. Helps break in the spring.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

robistro
03-03-2017, 06:11 AM
oops....skyfli said Dremel...I meant Bobshouse. edited post

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

yqtszhj
03-03-2017, 08:23 AM
I dont think mine looks like that but if it shoots good for you I think I would just leave it as is. If you have any functional problem I'd call Kahr and send a picture. I would submit the warranty with them though just in case future assistance is needed. You have 5 years I believe for any warranty issue.

I sent a cw45 back for a frame issue after about 4 years with no warranty registration for the gun but they did have the warranty cards for some of my other kahr's so they never questioned the work needed. It cost me nothing for the repair except the ffl transfer fee for the new frame. Kahr paid shipping both ways.