PDA

View Full Version : Cylinder and Slide Kahr

cliff58
08-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Been lurking and reading here a short while,and have been wanting a Kahr for awhile now,I own a few 1911's and a few revolver's-but I realy like the looks of the Kahr pistol's and they sound like they are well built and reliable-was just wondering if anyone owned 1 reworked by Cylinder and Slide-havn't made up my mind on what model yet-it will be a carry piece and plinker,just wondering if I should buy a stock one or get one with the custom options packages-any help appreciated-and I really like this forum,learned alot about the Kahr line already on here,thanks,
cliff58
Forgot to add been looking at a CW9 ,or maybe a P9

hobbydad
08-17-2010, 12:55 AM
Yes, there's a thread in the PM forum. Search for "C&S PM45" and you'll find it. There are several pictures included for you to check out. Enjoy!

cliff58
08-17-2010, 06:33 AM
Thanks hobbydad, now that's what I'm talking about-very nice piece-so if you could get the CW9 with most of these options or the PM9 which one would you choose and why?

Bawanna
08-17-2010, 09:18 AM
I'd get some input from Jocko before you make any moves. He's been there as I recall and there are other faster less expensive options. Cylinder and Slide does beautiful work but its a long wait and lots of money.
Given your last question, myself I would opt for the PM over the CW thinking your building an expensive custom gun, but in thinking more it might be as good to start with the less expensive CW since they are gonna give it the custom treatment anyhow. I shall ponder this more.

cliff58
08-17-2010, 11:03 AM
What about accuracy-I know the CW doesn't have the polygonal barrel but it is 3.5 instead of 3" does it make that big of a difference?
cliff58

Bawanna
08-17-2010, 11:08 AM
Not to me. I doubt anyone would notice an accuracy difference between conventional rifling and polygonal and a 1/2" of barrel ain't gonna change the world one tiny little bit. They are both very accurate. If you plan to shoot lead, definitely go the CW.
Gotta rememeber too these are CCW guns, not match guns but that don't mean they aren't very very accurate when you get bonded and used to the trigger etc.

cliff58
08-17-2010, 11:14 AM
That's what I wanted to hear-thanks for the input Bawanna and I'm getting ready to pm Jocko right now,
cliff58

Bawanna
08-17-2010, 11:47 AM
I remember now, he had good things to say about Accurate Iron. Little faster and cheaper but excellent work.

jocko
08-17-2010, 01:46 PM
I will just state my opinion here on work done for my by C & S. They are way way over rated, They are way way over priced. 7 months wait just to get it in is way way to long. If your really interested, drop me a PM and I will give you my horror story of C & S work on my PM9.

No doubt they have done some fine work in the past to, so my fiasco might be an anomoly..

Bawanna
08-17-2010, 02:12 PM
An anomaly is any occurrence or object that is strange, unusual, or unique. It can also mean a discrepancy or deviation from an established rule or trend. ...

I felt kind of dumb so I looked it up. They could have called it a Bawanna and I'd be famous. Strange, unusual, unique, deviated. That's me with a capital "M".

jocko
08-17-2010, 02:14 PM
An anomaly is any occurrence or object that is strange, unusual, or unique. It can also mean a discrepancy or deviation from an established rule or trend. ...

I felt kind of dumb so I looked it up. They could have called it a Bawanna and I'd be famous. Strange, unusual, unique, deviated. That's me with a capital "M".

that was the right word in this case. rather a big word for me to be throwing out there to, but your definition is dead on center with my C & S issue.

cliff58
08-17-2010, 03:17 PM
Jocko-I found your post on your PM9,nice,that's what I'm looking for,but I think I'm going to go with the CW9 as a base-just like the looks of it-thanks for all the good info from everybody-I will keep you guys posted on what I get,
cliff58

jocko
08-17-2010, 04:02 PM
Jocko-I found your post on your PM9,nice,that's what I'm looking for,but I think I'm going to go with the CW9 as a base-just like the looks of it-thanks for all the good info from everybody-I will keep you guys posted on what I get,
cliff58

many have taken the cw9 and made it into a covert. the fella I PM-ed u about can do this also.

a covert is the cw series that has been shortened in the grip from a 7 rounder to a now 6 rounder (same size as the PM9