PDA

View Full Version : kahr cw 40

ol63
08-18-2010, 04:13 PM
Just recently purchased a used cw 40 and at the range had about 8 FTFs. i narrowed down most of them to a broken mag but was dismayed when the good one had at least one or two. It seems as if cleaning it a third time might have helped, but I was just wondering if anyone else has had problems similar.

jocko
08-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Just recently purchased a used cw 40 and at the range had about 8 FTFs. i narrowed down most of them to a broken mag but was dismayed when the good one had at least one or two. It seems as if cleaning it a third time might have helped, but I was just wondering if anyone else has had problems similar.

SAYS GIVE THE GUN 200 ROUNDS, there is a reason they say that. The gun, has to kinda mate up and also so does the shooter and the gun. It will smooth out very shortly. How about going to the kahr tech section and hitting on the proper prepping of your new kahr, Might just help you somewhat. break in with fmj ammo. leave that expensive defense stuff alone until the gun is doing what you wnat it to do.. Keep a good grip and locked wrist on that cw40. It's recoil ,,, well you know by now...

Nice gun , don't rush it..

u can also go to the kahr forum here and in the first sticky's is serial numbers and dates of birth of most guns. You should be able to find approx when your cw40 was made..