PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with the 1911 Undercover Desert Eagle?

Jim NNN
07-16-2017, 05:02 PM
It's the 3 inch barrel version with the alloy frame. Whats your impression?

Bawanna
07-16-2017, 05:43 PM
All I know is I have the 1911G and 1911C. If its half as good I want one too.

Jim NNN
07-16-2017, 06:23 PM
All I know is I have the 1911G and 1911C. If its half as good I want one too.

Good to know. I'm sure your guns reflect the quality of Desert Eagle 1911's. If I get the Undercover model I'll be sure to post a review.

I have two 1911's right now - a Para Ordnance and a Taurus - and I'm pleased with both. For this third 1911 I want something a bit more upscale from my current guns and smaller, too.

Bawanna
07-17-2017, 09:32 AM
I have 3 Paras. Nothing wrong with those. I went small officers size for awhile but have gone back to commander size for carry and full size sometimes. My 1911G is probably my most accurate 1911. Makes me look good even on a bad day.

Jim NNN
07-17-2017, 11:35 AM
I have 3 Paras. Nothing wrong with those. I went small officers size for awhile but have gone back to commander size for carry and full size sometimes. My 1911G is probably my most accurate 1911. Makes me look good even on a bad day.

Among full size pistols, 1911's are among the easiest to carry, but I've noticed I'm not inclined to carry mine. I thought a smaller size and weight version might help. The 1911 format is appealing to me because it seems the safest to carry "cocked and locked." I bought a .45 Shield recently, but I still think a small 1911 might be the optimum in safety. It's funny, because I used to be among the millions of people who thought "cocked and locked" sounded unsafe. Then I actually bought a 1911 and learned otherwise. :)

Livefree
07-22-2024, 05:06 AM
I was hoping someone can help me find out if I can use 3rd party mags with my Desert Eagle 1911 U gun is jamming with factory mags. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Bawanna
07-22-2024, 08:20 AM
I picked up a 1911U MRI earlier this year. I love it, it's a bit of a handful recoil wise but not unmanageable. I've used Wilson officer size mags in it without issue. I'm hoping to take it out again today for some range time.
Is yours new?

kenemoore
07-22-2024, 08:56 AM
I have read a few articles about 1911's and magazines. Most modern magazines are considered "hybrids", that is they can shoot ball or semi wad cutters. Per the articles, Wilson mags are the most forgiving, if your pistol is slightly out of time.
I personally prefer Tripp Cobra's, and it's what I use for Carry mags in all my 1911's.
I do own a few Wilson's, and never had an issue.

Now about your problem, are you using ball ammo or hollow points? What brand?

Have you tried field stripping the pistol, and then trying, to just drop a round into the barrel?

Is this a used or new pistol?

Has it been cleaned?

What about magazines, are they clean?

Livefree
07-25-2024, 03:53 PM
Totally agree on the recoil part thanks for the tip on the Wilson mags, yes mine is new and having feed problems so just trying the mag route first on the way to get to whats up have you had jamming issues anyone ?

Livefree
07-25-2024, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the reply, someone else here recommend the Trip mags so thanks to you as well, I have tried two types of ball ammo and two types of hollow points spotty response on both, Good idea on dropping in the round will check that out, yes clean gun and clean mag and yes also a brand new gun

Bawanna
07-25-2024, 10:47 PM
Mine was just a bit balky feeding for just a little bit. Kind of like a Kahr, I gave the slide a full pull and let it fly. Didn't take long and it fed fine. Actually it never misfed while firing, only loading the first round. I'm very happy with my MRI 1911U.

Livefree
07-26-2024, 10:02 AM
Thank you very much for writing. This gives me hope to keep on working with this gun and not give up much appreciated

Bawanna
07-26-2024, 10:16 AM
For sure don't give up! If it don't wanna play right you can always send it back to Kahr and make it right. I think it will come around especially once you shoot it a bit. Mine doesn't balk at ball or hollow points now. Seems good to go. I wear it all the time so hoping it doesn't let me down in the unlikely event I need it.