PDA

View Full Version : Gen 2 Kahr trigger on YouTube....what happened?

mark7mod0
09-16-2017, 12:33 PM
I was just killing time going thru various YouTube vids on Kahr pistols and came across this one...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzOTSaeDSIA talking about the new safety lock like trigger. I have never seen one and this video is from March 2015. ????

JohnR
09-17-2017, 10:20 AM
Maybe they realized that it didn't make sense to change the greatest, most unique feature of their product to be just like everybody else's.

kerby9mm
09-17-2017, 11:06 AM
When the hammer drops? The internal hammer? Is she hammered?

gb6491
09-17-2017, 12:38 PM
I was just killing time going thru various YouTube vids on Kahr pistols and came across this one...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzOTSaeDSIA talking about the new safety lock like trigger. I have never seen one and this video is from March 2015. ????
American Handgunner did an article on the Gen 2 guns in 2016, https://americanhandgunner.com/kahr-tp9-gen2-premium/ , but to my knowledge they are still vaporware.

There are some Gen 2 tidbits in this post johnH made in an "S" series thread:

I am back from the convention and can give you more info. These are an evolution of the C Series. As such apart from the obvious changes they share the same feature set. The new guns have an accessory rail, front cocking serrations, the Gen 2 mag catch (a bit easier to reach), and 3 dot versions of the C sights. They ship with two mags.

As for why they are C based, Kahr wisely determined that the price point of a Gen 2 based on the P series would be higher than most buyers would want to pay. The C series dominates sales and I can tell you from working the conventions that probably 95% of folks asking about guns are after a C. The MSRP on the SW9 is $495, and the ST9 $460. Street will of course be lower.

On the trigger, the decision was made to stick with the current Kahr trigger for the S series guns. A lot of shooters seem to prefer it. Again, I can tell you that from convention visitor comments. I hear a lot of people say they love the trigger compared to other DAO guns. Kahr guns have a smoother pull than most (if not all) of its competitors' DAO pistols. I think some of us with longer history in shooting tend to compare triggers of all handguns to nice 1911s (including yours truly). :)

The first guns to ship will be the SW9 (CW/P sized), in 9mm. They are already being assembled at the factory. After that the ST9, my favorite of the two but I like T sized pistols. I asked about the next caliber and was told 45 is very likely. I would not want to set a time window for that as it is still being designed. I think an ST45 will be huge in the market. Think polymer framed, single stacked, in between an Officers and a Commander model 1911. Very flat. Very easy to carry. Still plenty of grip for your hand.

Hope that helps, and holler if you have questions. I can tell you Crossbreed is on the ball to get holsters ready if you are wondering about that aspect of the new guns. They are local to me so have a connection so to speak...

Regards,
Greg

RustyIron
09-17-2017, 12:55 PM
When the hammer drops? The internal hammer? Is she hammered?

Ha! When she said that, I had to rewind and look closely at the video. If she makes a blunder like that and fails to correct herself, then everything else out of her mouth is questionable.