PDA

View Full Version : Drop my PM9

Spur57
10-24-2017, 12:31 PM
Accidentally I dropped my PM 9 to the concrete floor in my bathroom with a round loaded in the pipe. For my relief the gun did not went off. For a split second a panic but I was so happy that the pistol did what supposed to do and I learned my lesson......thumbs up to Kahr!!!!

Bawanna
10-24-2017, 01:22 PM
Your body will grow back, hope it didn't mess the gun up.

Glad it performed as intended, had to be very scary.

tony k
10-24-2017, 06:03 PM
Glad you are ok. Tell us more about the circumstances. Was it on a belt holster?

Bobshouse
10-25-2017, 07:25 AM
You did the right thing, let it fall to the floor. Most get shot when trying to grab/catch the gun before it hits, accidently initiating trigger pull.

You can always buy a new gun.

CPTKILLER
10-25-2017, 07:34 AM
Most good pistols are drop safe.

Spur57
10-25-2017, 01:03 PM
Glad you are ok. Tell us more about the circumstances. Was it on a belt holster?
I was getting the pistol out of my right front pocket when some how caught the pocket and slid out of my hand. It didn't get any visible damage since it felt flat on the side. When to the range today and put 64 rounds thru it without any hick ups. PM9 are a work horse!!!

dustnchips
10-25-2017, 03:53 PM
One of the main reasons I bought a kahr is because it is built so drop proof with the striker block. I can not imagine any way to drop it so that the striker block would disengage and the striker fly forward at the same time. Things do break, but I can't imagine anything safer except an unloaded gun. Might as well carry a soup can then.

UNC1N17
10-25-2017, 04:31 PM
When I take newbs and not so newbs to the range, one thing I try and cover is "don't drop my guns" but if you do (and we all have) resiest the tempation to grab it. I try to impress on them the only way my guns will fire is if you pull the trigger. If you or me tries to grab a dropped gun we don't know where we will grab it. Just my 2 cents.

dustnchips
10-25-2017, 07:58 PM
I once tried to grab a power drill with a spade bit that I dropped. Rammed the bit into my palm as it struck the floor and tore hell out of my palm. Better to let it drop. Of course a gun has even worse consequences if you miss the catch the wrong way.

wyntrout
10-26-2017, 03:04 PM
It's the same with knives and other sharp objects, too! Just move away from the impact zone! I've dropped my P380 several times... usually on carpet, but once onto the kitchen's tile floor! It fell out of the holster as I carried it too loosely. Of course it landed on the magazine floor plate which took off for parts unknown and everything but the follower with it, though easier to find... boolits all over the floor! :eek:

Badbot
12-04-2017, 12:14 AM
I was waiting for our show to start. got board and started twirling my single action cowboy type gun. It slipped off my finger and as I watched it rotating through space I realized it was going to land on the hammer. then I realized it would be pointing right at my face. so as it covered the last few inches I held up my hand to shield my eyes. being the 1970's before most hammer blocks, it went off I felt the gun powder hit my hair and palm of my hand and chin.
I was so glad I was loaded with blanks.
So far I have remembered not to do anything so stupid again.