PDA

View Full Version : Magazine disconnects trigger!

dkelly27
11-30-2017, 08:24 AM
Yesterday I was at the range shooting my CW9 and a strange thing happened. I have an 8 round magazine without the extended base plate that I have used for range practice for the last four years. I also have five 7 rounders. When I inserted the 8 rounder , the trigger felt like it wasn't connected. I had to pull to get it out. It normally drops free like the rest. Could I have over ridden the mag release or something else? When I tried the seven rounders again everything was normal and it went bang. Does anyone have any ideas what may have happened? Thanks in advance.

dkelly27
12-02-2017, 07:36 AM
Looks like no one has any answers. Probably the last Kahr I will ever buy. Can't trust it as my carry gun any more,

gb6491
12-02-2017, 09:02 AM
Looks like no one has any answers. Probably the last Kahr I will ever buy. Can't trust it as my carry gun any more,
I'm not sure I have the answer, but without the extended baseplate to limit travel the 8 round magazine's travel it might be going in far enough interfere with the trigger bar or the trigger bar spring. I suggest pulling the slide off, then inserting the troublesome mag while checking to see if it interferes with the bar or spring.

dkelly27
12-05-2017, 02:36 PM
You might be right gb6491. I went to the range today and didn't have one problem. I left that mag home. Thanks.