PDA

View Full Version : Happy new year

berettabone
12-31-2017, 11:21 AM
Here's hoping that 2018 is a good year for all. I will be staying in the nice warm house, as temps will be about -20 with the wind. Never did celebrate much, I always considered it rookie night on the roads, so usually stayed home. This year the Sheriffs will be out in force in my area, the most they've had on the roads in years. I believe that we've had too many people driving the wrong way on the expressway this year.:rolleyes:

CharlieW
12-31-2017, 12:15 PM
Happy New Year to all the KahrTalk folks !

ltxi
12-31-2017, 04:43 PM
Yep...Happy New Year to all. I plan to stay up an extra hour tonight in celebration.

Bawanna
12-31-2017, 05:20 PM
Me too, I'll probably make it till 10:30, maybe even 11, into a good book. Mom got me a good bottle of scotch awhile back, haven't pulled the cork yet, don't know if I will or not. A little taste wouldn't hurt none, celebration and all ya know?

Barth
12-31-2017, 07:05 PM
Drinking Stella Artois and watching Penelope Cruz.
life is good

Armybrat
12-31-2017, 08:55 PM
Had some excellent tamales from the Del Rio Tortilla Factory (San Antonio) for dinner this evening. We'll turn in and watch The Ball drop in Times Square, mainly because the wife insists.
I've had my fill of balls dropping though, but anything to humor her.

Happy New Year fellow Kahrnuts!

Bawanna
12-31-2017, 09:17 PM
But, but, but, Times Square? Ain't that in NEW YORK CITY! And they don't know diddly about picante sauce...........

I don't know about you Army, first you buy that tiny little mouse gun awhile back and now this. I thought everything was big in Texas, men were men and wore the boots in the family.

Better watch the ball drop, heard the wimmen in Texas can be badgers at times. Not worth the beating.

Slugnutty
12-31-2017, 09:26 PM
HNY all - even if I don't make it to midnight, I'll be up from all the fools with the fireworks and the dogs won't let us sleep .....
Other then that - deciding to less computer more reading of paper in the coming year (hard task as I'm an electrical engineer / computer programmer....) one book a month goal.
Decided to try to learn a new knot each month also and maybe try to learn to use non-electric tools (better) to make things too -

Stay safe, shoot a lot - hope all you and yours keep healthy in 2018.

Bawanna
01-01-2018, 12:12 AM
Good for you, there's a certain satisfaction in making stuff without plugged in or battery operated tools.

One book a month should be easy, I do about one a week. Kindle is my friend.

Armybrat
01-01-2018, 07:01 AM
I flaked out at 11:15 Texas Time. Slept like a log.
It's 24 here and may not get above freezing until Wednesday. Even got a dusting of snow overnight.
Going to a potluck brunch down in Austin at a Happy Hour group member's condo. Mrs. Brat is steaming up 3 dozen more of those excellent tamales and cooking a big batch of sweet & sour meatballs. Those kind of balls are A-ok. She also baked a couple of trays of pecan pie tarts.

knkali
01-01-2018, 09:00 AM
went to bed early......its new years? huh. Well Happy New Years to all if you are into that.

Bawanna
01-01-2018, 11:01 AM
I flaked out at 11:15 Texas Time. Slept like a log.
It's 24 here and may not get above freezing until Wednesday. Even got a dusting of snow overnight.
Going to a potluck brunch down in Austin at a Happy Hour group member's condo. Mrs. Brat is steaming up 3 dozen more of those excellent tamales and cooking a big batch of sweet & sour meatballs. Those kind of balls are A-ok. She also baked a couple of trays of pecan pie tarts.

Not sure what a pecan pie tart is but it just has to be good.

We used to have a lady not far removed from Mexico that would bring in Tamales at the station. They were really good. She'd take orders too, don't think she made any money making them but they sure were good.
Hasn't been around for a long time, not sure what she's up to these days.

Bobshouse
01-01-2018, 02:58 PM
went to bed early......its new years? huh. Well Happy New Years to all if you are into that.

Have you been down to the local smoke shop? Yes, it's the new year. California now has recreational marijuana.

AIRret
01-01-2018, 03:17 PM
Wishing everyone a healthy, happy, and prosperous New Year!!!
Be Blessed!

mr surveyor
01-01-2018, 03:37 PM
after 2016, it wasn't easy to get through 2017 ... but it was the first year since 2013 I actually stayed out of the ER or some type of scheduled surgery since 2013. May be a bit optimistic, but I'm thinking (hoping) 2018 will be a banner year.

Let's Do It :)

jd

ltxi
01-01-2018, 03:57 PM
after 2016, it wasn't easy to get through 2017 ... but it was the first year since 2013 I actually stayed out of the ER or some type of scheduled surgery since 2013. May be a bit optimistic, but I'm thinking (hoping) 2018 will be a banner year.

Let's Do It :)

jd

Me, also. Them health thingys....nothin' could negative beat last year fer me! So looking forward to 2018.

Bawanna
01-01-2018, 04:36 PM
It just occurred to me that we ain't heard from HarryLee in a long spell. Checked and last time he visited was August.
I just sent an email for a status check, hope he's just busy and not sick or anything. He is quite the McGyver and came up with some pretty cool things.

Armybrat
01-01-2018, 07:43 PM
http://happy-new-year2018.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Happy-New-Year-Memes-Pictures-2018.jpg

Armybrat
01-01-2018, 07:57 PM
Not sure what a pecan pie tart is but it just has to be good.

These are the rejects that the wife didn't take to the pot luck brunch party today - they weren't "pretty" enough, but they sure tasted as good as the "A List" tarts that she served.
(they're just a miniature pecan pie)

http://image.ibb.co/ddfz9w/067_DF07_A_0_BD3_4885_AF7_F_1_EF5_DABE1_D2_E.jpg

Ed M
01-01-2018, 08:55 PM
Rejects?

I don't think so.

My family makes the chopped walnut version. I'm the only one that likes the pecan ones better.

Yer killin' me......

Bawanna
01-01-2018, 09:01 PM
Killing me too. I asked my wife and she said the same, just miniature pecan pies. I replied "JUST PECAN PIES"!

How long to get to Texas, will they still be good when I get there?

My mom makes an awesome pecan pie and hers look just like your wife's. Enjoy those, I'll just drool on the pics now and then.