PDA

View Full Version : posting pictures

mattallamerican
01-01-2018, 04:54 AM
new to the forum I was wondering how to post pics here

gb6491
01-01-2018, 06:38 AM
new to the forum I was wondering how to post pics here
Below the "Reply to Post" window you will find the "Additional Options" window, click on the "Manage Attachments" button and a window will open that gives you options to upload files from your computer or from a website. Choose your file and hit the upload button.

Alternatively, upload your photo to an off site host, then post the images's URL into your reply using BB code: image url

Some hosts provide a link with the proper code included in the link. http://postimages.org does this; after you upload an image there, a window will open with links from which you copy and paste the "Hotlink for forums" link to your reply here.

Regards,
Greg

rumblemonkey
01-01-2018, 11:45 AM
Very helpful, I was wondering how!

gb6491
01-01-2018, 11:50 AM
Very helpful, I was wondering how!
My apologies, I should have also mentioned that members need to have a post count of 30, before they can use the "Manage attachments" feature.
Hosting off site is still an option until the post count is met.
Regards,
Greg

jeepster09
01-01-2018, 12:23 PM
My new "fidget spinner".....

ltxi
01-01-2018, 04:01 PM
Below the "Reply to Post" window you will find the "Additional Options" window, click on the "Manage Attachments" button and a window will open that gives you options to upload files from your computer or from a website. Choose your file and hit the upload button.

Alternatively, upload your photo to an off site host, then post the images's URL into your reply using BB code: image url

Some hosts provide a link with the proper code included in the link. http://postimages.org does this; after you upload an image there, a window will open with links from which you copy and paste the "Hotlink for forums" link to your reply here.

Regards,
Greg

Thanks, Greg.

mattallamerican
01-01-2018, 05:12 PM
ill try

mattallamerican
01-01-2018, 05:16 PM
ill try my first try

Armybrat
01-01-2018, 07:39 PM
Nice, and good job!

It took me a lot of attempts to get going on the picture posting years ago. it still isn't easy on some sites with a different format.

rumblemonkey
01-02-2018, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the reminder on the # of posts, I guess I have a few more to go!

rumblemonkey
01-02-2018, 02:49 PM
I am not familiar with the off site host thing, either! I will have to look into it.. LOL!