PDA

View Full Version : night sights

olympicmotorcars
08-26-2010, 08:53 PM
I guess I am going to ship my PM 40 slide back to Kahr to get some night sights installed. I hate to part with it for a few weeks because I carry it all the time.

I am also concerned that the sights will not shoot to point of aim like my regular sights do. I do not have a pusher to adjust them.

1. Which sights do all of you recommend?.
2. If you have shipped your Kahr back to the factory for sights, were they installed to your satisfaction and did it shoot to point of aim?
3. Did you ship your entire gun or just the slide?

Any info is appreciated guys. thanks

jfrey
08-26-2010, 09:24 PM
I would recommend Dawson Precision sights and do it yourself. I changed the sights out on my CW9 in about 15 minutes. They send you the tools to do it with in the kit and the only other thing you need is a small hammer. It's not rocket science. I held off on the loktite until I shot it and made sure the windage was right then locked it down to stay. The elevation was right on. If you have any doubts, call Dawson and discuss it with them.

Bawanna
08-26-2010, 09:28 PM
I would think you could just send the slide but another fella here said they requested the whole gun since they supposedly test fire each one. If that's the case that would be a good thing. But you really only need to send the slide which would be a fraction of the cost to mail.
You don't need a sight pusher to adjust those sights once the new ones are installed. A good brass punch, a small hammer and a decent vise and a few taps will fine tune them just fine and dandy. Most ranges around here have a guy and a set up to fine tune those sights too. Pretty convenient so you can go right back and shoot it to see if its right.
I personally and note this is my own opinion love XS sights both the standard dot and the big dot. I installed a set of big dots on my PM45 myself, no pusher involved and I love them immensely. Very clear, very fast, show up equally well in daylight unlike many night sights I've tried. My eyes ain't what they used to be either and these really work for me.

Bawanna
08-26-2010, 09:30 PM
I would recommend Dawson Precision sights and do it yourself. I changed the sights out on my CW9 in about 15 minutes. They send you the tools to do it with in the kit and the only other thing you need is a small hammer. It's not rocket science. I held off on the loktite until I shot it and made sure the windage was right then locked it down to stay. The elevation was right on. If you have any doubts, call Dawson and discuss it with them.

His PM will have a dovetailed front sight rather than staked like your CW but Dawson Precision rocks! They are good people and very helpful. While the installation will be different their product is good stuff.

jocko
08-27-2010, 12:39 AM
Absolutely;;; dawson sights "rocks"

ripley16
08-27-2010, 03:57 AM
Which sights do all of you recommend?.

I've had both Mepro and Trijicon sights and can say I prefer the Mepro because they have a larger vial and seem brighter.

kpm9
08-27-2010, 07:08 PM
I just sent the slide for my P9 a few weeks ago, Got it back 2 days after Kahr recieved it and it was dead on.