PDA

View Full Version : HELP! 3rd Party Image Hosting/Inability to view photos

Wlfman13
02-05-2018, 10:18 PM
It has been a while since I could contribute, or even spend much time viewing this forum, due to two neck surgeries. Upon my return, all of the photos I used to be able to view have been replaced by some sort of PhotoBucket 3rd Party Hosting image. Do I need to create an account at PhotoBucket to view photos on KahrTalk?

Please excuse me if this is an elementary/stupid question. I still do not use Instachat, Facegram, Snapbook, or any of the other social networking sites, so I may be a little(lot) out of touch.

Thank you!

-wlf

Come to think of it, my really cool avatar is gone, now, also!

Ken L
02-06-2018, 05:04 AM
No, you don't need to join Photobucket. Photobucket changed how they do things, and now they require people to spend $400 to be able to post pictures. Has nothing to do with your ability to view them. There are other third party hosting places out there that still do it for free, but Photobucket was the biggest one, thus the majority of the old images are now gone.

gb6491
02-06-2018, 09:20 PM
Ken L is spot on about PB holding photos for ransom.
As a workaround, I'm using this Firefox add-on, https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-fixer/?src=api , to see PB hosted photos.
Regards,
Greg

wyntrout
02-08-2018, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the link, Greg! I didn't even think about paying the ransom for my photos... pissed me off. I had the "professional" version many years ago and they flubbed renewal and I got tired of trying to renew, so figured I didn't need the extra storage, anyhow. The "free" was more than enough. I figured that some day they would do something as they did... lots of sneaky "free" aps and stuff out there that will sooner or later want something for you to continue with what you're become accustomed to using.

Many use overbearing ads and let you pay a fee to go ad-less. Too many sites are wanting you to turn off ad-blockers, too. I only started using an adblocker because sometimes I couldn't get anything done or see what I was trying to see because of the cascading ads! :rolleyes:

340pd
02-09-2018, 12:47 PM
Greg, It seems like I am always thanking you for something. The photobucket fixer is a gem.. I no longer use firefox as my main browser but I checked it and it works perfectly. So I looked for one for chrome browsers and lo and behold. I never would have thought to look for this so thanks again.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg/related?hl=en

kenemoore
02-09-2018, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the Chrome plugin

gb6491
02-09-2018, 06:20 PM
Nice find in that chrome extension, thanks!:cool:

BTW, you folks are too kind, but I do very much appreciate the thanks and to all, you're welcome:)
Regards,
Greg