PDA

View Full Version : Well so much for my CM9 being perfect

Mike_usn_ret
03-21-2018, 01:15 PM
Went to the range today with my CM9 that has been flawless since I bought it...been bragging since I first shot the firearm. Well for some reason the trigger is not resetting all the time. Was about on the first 2 or 3 rounds out of each of the 3 mag I used. Was shooting Winchester NATO... that I have shot before with no problems. Went to Federal and Aqulia same thing was happening. Took the gun apart, cleaned and checked ...can not find any visible problems. Any suggestions as to what to look for in detail?

yqtszhj
03-21-2018, 02:53 PM
When it happens will it reset if you push the trigger forward? Could be a trigger bar spring thats behind the little panel on the right side of the grip. Or maybe some crud behind the trigger bar too.

Mike_usn_ret
03-21-2018, 03:05 PM
If I slightly pull back on the slide, it resets and then when there are only 2 or 3.....mostly 2 rounds left in the mag it resets...slide locks back no problem Cleaned it real good when I got home...will try it tomorrow again
...ty

yqtszhj
03-21-2018, 04:03 PM
Let us know how it goes. Should be something easy to fix. From your description it sounds trigger bar related but I could be wrong. Maybe it will run flawless this time.

Bawanna
03-21-2018, 04:07 PM
I'm perplexed (not uncommon) as to why it only does it mostly towards the top of the mag and gets better with less rounds?

I don't see any correlation there. When it doesn't reset is it going fully into battery. Can you smack the back of the slide and have it reset?

Mike_usn_ret
03-21-2018, 07:24 PM
I'm perplexed (not uncommon) as to why it only does it mostly towards the top of the mag and gets better with less rounds?

I don't see any correlation there. When it doesn't reset is it going fully into battery. Can you smack the back of the slide and have it reset?

It goes into full battery. Like I said, never a problem with it before ............using same ammo as I have before also. Shot the same ammo out of the CZ P-07 while at the range....no problems with the ammo in it. I too am perplexed sir.

OK Update: I pulled the trigger bar access cover off and reinspected trigger bar and spring to ensure proper attachment and freedom of movement....all good. I did find the trigger bar rear rounded portion that rides just below sight under the access cover had a burr that was riding the panel. Not sure it was severe enough to cause any problem...especially concerning the round count when it was occurring. Filed.....cleaned and lubed.

AnthonyC
03-21-2018, 08:21 PM
Maybe it is the cocking cam is catching on the on the striker pin. You may want to try disassembling your slide and clean out the striker pin channel. I did mine for the first time this weekend and it was full of carbon and metal flakes/shavings. I originally did it because the drop safety button was sticking and would stay depressed!
This was the best video that helped me do it:

https://youtu.be/mi3VFRll2L4

Mike_usn_ret
03-21-2018, 09:01 PM
Maybe it is the cocking cam is catching on the on the striker pin. You may want to try disassembling your slide and clean out the striker pin channel. I did mine for the first time this weekend and it was full of carbon and metal flakes/shavings. I originally did it because the drop safety button was sticking and would stay depressed!
This was the best video that helped me do it:

https://youtu.be/mi3VFRll2L4
TY,.... yes I did this when I came back from the range and did the total clean and lube.

Mike_usn_ret
03-22-2018, 08:43 PM
One more trip to the range...same results. Quick call to Kahr Arms got me a RMA number and tomorrow it is off for repair. Time to go back to the big gun for EDC....CZ P-07!!

yqtszhj
03-22-2018, 09:03 PM
One more trip to the range...same results. Quick call to Kahr Arms got me a RMA number and tomorrow it is off for repair. Time to go back to the big gun for EDC....CZ P-07!!

Hey, it might be the big gun but the P-07 isn't lacking in any way.

Mike_usn_ret
03-23-2018, 05:59 PM
Hey, it might be the big gun but the P-07 isn't lacking in any way.

The P-07 was my EDC till I bought the CM9. It is a great gun and with the Kadet .22 conversion kit a lot of fun shooting cheap ammo with the same gun you carry every day in 9mm. A conversion kit for the Kahr firearms would be great also.

Mike_usn_ret
03-26-2018, 05:03 PM
Well at least I know the CM9 got to Kahr alright.

Dear Kahr Customer,

This is an automated e-mail to acknowledge receipt of the item you returned to our customer service department. It has now been entered into our processing queue. We will ship the item back as soon as possible. However we may contact you in the meantime if we have a question or need a decision from you.

LOL....If they call saying they can not fix it, I will just have to say a MK9 Elite would be a suitable replacement :phone:

bignc
04-07-2018, 02:51 PM
Any update? (I know, first post and all but been carrying only big guns for 19 years. Just wondering here. :) )

Mike_usn_ret
04-08-2018, 10:12 AM
I e mailed Kahr asking for an estimate of time to repair, but have not received an reply as of yet. Seems likely 6-8 weeks at least from what most say for a turn around time....may be as long as 12 weeks. I bought a Taurus G2c for a back up to my P-07 and so far really like it. I know...a fricken what? Yep a Taurus, had a TCP 738 that was pretty good, just to small for me and my wife could not manually rack the slide. The G2c (PT111 G2 replacement)15446 is a 12 rd capacity and nice concealable size, very accurate, ...DA/SA striker fired type of system with a great short reset. When I get my Kahr back it will still be my go to CCW, but this Taurus has impressed me.

bignc
04-08-2018, 07:19 PM
Thanks for letting us know. Please keep us updated! As for the Taurus, I like to have options. :)

Mike_usn_ret
04-09-2018, 10:03 AM
CS e-mailed me saying an estimated time of 6-7 weeks for most repairs...puts me about 4-5 weeks to go. Now, if I could only get a reply from the US post office as to where the hell my fiber optic sights and SS striker guide I ordered from Lakeline, for my G2c are located in the vast Twilight Zone of the USPS!

Mike_usn_ret
04-25-2018, 06:02 PM
Just got an update....the CM9 is headed home. :cool: Shipped today and it will be here on Friday!!!

DavidR
04-25-2018, 07:38 PM
Just got an update....the CM9 is headed home. :cool: Shipped today and it will be here on Friday!!!

Nice. Hope it’s fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kwh
04-26-2018, 01:52 PM
I agree. My Kahr CM9 is EDC, but I like my Taurus PT111 G2

Mike_usn_ret
04-26-2018, 05:07 PM
I think the PT111 G2 and now the G2c are probably bad mouthed and ignored because they are Taurus firearms. Taurus made a big mistake with the recall situation in trying to dodge the bullet as one might say. IF they just acknowledged they messed up, gave a true replacement $$ amount refund or a like firearm for replacement they would have never gotten so much bad publicity and kept many loyal Taurus firearm owners. Unfortunately the G2c is paying the price for their mistake ........till more word gets out on good the handgun really is. Kahr could make a few improvements on their firearms to help the reputation become even more recommended to new shooter or to those that just hear the horror stories of breaking them in. Those of us that have a Kahr and truly enjoy owning it....well they have to keep even the most loyal of owners happy too! Seeing rails available on a Kahr firearm is going to help, and maybe a .22 plinker would grow a lot of interest. I was disappointed my CM9 developed trigger problems, but I know any handgun, no matter the manufacture or the price can be a bad apple. Giving up on Kahr for the problem....not going to happen. Is it a Mk9 Elite?............nope, never will afford one but my CM9 is a Kahr I could afford and it is a KAHR. At 67+ years of age I am realistic about my ownership of firearms....retired/disabled = no P series or MK9 Elite guns for me. I am ok with that, as long as what I own goes bang when I pull the trigger. Kahr, CZ, Taurus, S&W and yes even a CF-380 Hi Point are included.

Mike_usn_ret
04-27-2018, 05:53 PM
I received the Cm9 today....no time to go to the range till tomorrow. The repair order said replaced the striker and test fired ok. Strange the striker was bad...did not notice anything wrong when I took it apart to take out the SS Galloway striker guide rod I installed prior to sending it to Kahr. Anyone have any problems after installing a Steel rod? I AM NOT bad mouthing the striker guide or Galloway... making that clear!!!! I am just asking if any other owner had a problem after installing one.
Also....I did not install a new spring ....would not think that would make a difference, but just added info.