PDA

View Full Version : Blast from the past!

wyntrout
04-19-2018, 08:45 AM
Wow! I just ran across this while doing a search for sumpin' else. Back from the good ole days! :-D

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?2310-Congratulations-Turbo-Bucket-Mouth!&highlight=PM45

Bawanna
04-19-2018, 08:52 AM
That was the good ole days. And the days now days ain't so bad neither.

wyntrout
04-19-2018, 09:16 AM
It's been a nice long ride! :)

getsome
04-19-2018, 04:20 PM
Wow, 1 month before I found you guys way back in 09.....Those really were the good ole days here at the Kahrtalk bar and grill...By the way, where the he!! is Jocko???....I miss that earthy smell when he's in the place....

ltxi
04-19-2018, 05:21 PM
Wow, 1 month before I found you guys way back in 09.....Those really were the good ole days here at the Kahrtalk bar and grill...By the way, where the he!! is Jocko???....I miss that earthy smell when he's in the place....

Sheep finally had enough and turned on him.

Wlfman13
04-19-2018, 09:27 PM
Sheep finally had enough and turned on him.

I am SO glad I swallowed BEFORE I scrolled down further! ltxi, I woulda spewed water all over my iPad!

-Wlf

Bawanna
04-19-2018, 10:01 PM
Sure wouldn't be the first time. I've spewed all kind of things on my keyboards. Even a couple at work.

Usually coffee. Dietrich was quite adept at causing that malady.

O'Dell
04-20-2018, 01:17 AM

You joined nine days before me. Does that make us "ole timers"

Bawanna
04-20-2018, 09:00 AM
Seems like a lot of folks joined in 2009. Never noted that before.

wyntrout
04-20-2018, 11:27 AM
A lot in September. You, Itxi, and Ripley16 on September 3... maybe others, too. johnh on 07-04-09. I wasn't here until September 26, 2009. I just looked at the highest posts on the first page, no separate list for joining.

Bawanna
04-20-2018, 12:54 PM
I'm trying to remember how I ever ran into this forum. I never was on or looked at any others before this one.

Regardless, I'm glad to be associated with it. It's been an oasis for the most part. We've certainly had a few characters from time to time to stir the pot.

Used to have some glorious fisticuffs until I was crowned with a mod title. Now nobody wants to fight no more, cept Jocko but that's natural.

wyntrout
04-20-2018, 01:56 PM
I was still waiting on my P380 with night sights and looking for info on Kahrs, I guess. This was my first chat room, I believe. This one used to be a lot more fun, but the years took a toll on some of our more garrulous members... not so many high posters now. Long live the king! :D

jeepster09
04-20-2018, 03:22 PM
Darn....i'm a day late and dollar short again. 2010 just don't have that COOL ring to it....oh mann :faint2:

Bawanna
04-20-2018, 03:40 PM
Yeah but nobody else has a pretty girl sitting on the hood of a jeep for an avatar. Makes me plumb jealous.

AIRret
04-20-2018, 05:59 PM
Yeah but nobody else has a pretty girl sitting on the hood of a jeep for an avatar. Makes me plumb jealous.

That may be true, but jeepster doesn't have me as a cyber wife!

This has always been a great forum, and I truly appreciate this cyber home,,,,,,BUT a little of the spice has taken a vacation!
We need a few more characters!

ltxi
04-20-2018, 06:33 PM
Long a fan of Kahr firearms, I was Kahr involved in it's "sub-humans" splinter on the Glock forum when KahrTalk was announced. Quick enough on the keyboard trigger to become what I humbly consider a charter member here.

ltxi
04-20-2018, 06:43 PM

How do you know she's cute? Or even a girl for that matter. No matter how many times I blow up the image, the resolution is just too lousy to be able to tell.

jeepster09
04-20-2018, 07:03 PM
Well it wa either pretty girl on Jeep or this.....

AIRret
04-20-2018, 07:34 PM
How do you know she's cute? Or even a girl for that matter. No matter how many times I blow up the image, the resolution is just too lousy to be able to tell.

I'm just relying on the GOOD judgement of my cyber Hubby!!! You go ahead and challenge the Colonel!

AIRret
04-20-2018, 07:41 PM
Well it wa either pretty girl on Jeep or this.....

Isn't this BRAND new world weird….or maybe I'm just old.

Seriously, I do believe that there are some folks born with an attraction to the same sex. Because, if you really look at the situation nobody would want to deal with all the ramifications. I know some people just want to do something for attention, but I really feel sorry for those that are truly gay….how sad.
How can a species go forward without propagating.

O'Dell
04-20-2018, 08:35 PM
I don't know when the forum started, but it must have been in 2009. I already had a PM9 and PM45 before I found it. I guess I'm slow because it took me until October 5th to run across the forum. I had learned about Kahr when I returned a compact 9mm Taurus to my LGS and saw a Kahr PM9 for the first time. I researched the brand on other gun sites, found favorable reviews, and bought the PM. I'm pretty sure that if the forum existed at the time I would have discovered it.

mr surveyor
04-20-2018, 09:32 PM
I've been around a few years myself and was pretty much addicted. I don't think I ever really posted much and probably didn't have anything much worth to add. Getting whacked with emergency intestinal surgery in Jan of 2015 (not user induced malfunction), then two emergency brain surgeries in Sept/Oct 2016 (not user induced malfunction either), my whole outlook seems to have changed. What little attention span and focus I can muster has to be directed on work - which due to the last three years of unexpected expense has left me with the option to work until the day I drop dead on the job or not eat and pay bills. The gun section of my brain is mostly filled with re-loading and developing "the" individual loads for the dozen or so guns I have managed to keep. My original CW9 from 2009 is one of those that gets it's occasional ration of handloads. I still haven't bought a factory round since 2010, but I've shot more than a few re-loads.

Since I forgot what the thread topic was I reckon I got carried away with useless drivel .....

jd

PattayaPistol
04-21-2018, 02:41 AM
Heck, a blast from the past can bring out lost members hiding under the rug. Good to see members still alive, we’ve lost too many.

Cheers
PP (John)

gb6491
04-21-2018, 04:01 AM
Life imitating art?
https://s31.postimg.cc/g0pm3tymj/pin-ups-pinup-girls.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
https://s31.postimg.cc/wbpq06dp7/a9c2235fa08538e99d8e2a7ddb33da70.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

jeepster09
04-21-2018, 06:52 AM
I love it!!!

Bawanna
04-21-2018, 09:01 AM
Them is girls jeepster, don't freakin ruin my day. I'm all about propagating. I need to add that to my vocabulary, might be handy in certain company.

And I don't mean to flaunt it but I do have AirRet for a cyber bride. Top that Mr. Jeep avatar. Might have to hunt me a new avatar, been awhile.
Ha, maybe a photo of my cyber bride although a gentlemen never ask or so I've heard, really wouldn't know myself.

Thanks for posting those Greg. Great pictures. I'm partial to the painting over the photo but both are real nice.

AIRret
04-21-2018, 09:13 AM
Life imitating art?
https://s31.postimg.cc/g0pm3tymj/pin-ups-pinup-girls.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
https://s31.postimg.cc/wbpq06dp7/a9c2235fa08538e99d8e2a7ddb33da70.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Thanks Greg…..you clear up so many mysteries!!!!

AIRret
04-21-2018, 09:17 AM
Another note…..the Convict said the the first thing he noticed was the tire size on the jeep!
Hmmmmm, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing!!!

jeepster09
04-21-2018, 10:08 AM
Well we could always go with this....

leftysixty
04-21-2018, 11:12 AM
Well we could always go with this....

Now that there is some monster tyres!!

Bawanna
04-21-2018, 03:31 PM
Them just might be thespians.

b4uqzme
04-21-2018, 04:09 PM
^^^ tires is too big. ;-)

ltxi
04-21-2018, 05:47 PM
I don't know when the forum started, but it must have been in 2009. I already had a PM9 and PM45 before I found it. I guess I'm slow because it took me until October 5th to run across the forum. I had learned about Kahr when I returned a compact 9mm Taurus to my LGS and saw a Kahr PM9 for the first time. I researched the brand on other gun sites, found favorable reviews, and bought the PM. I'm pretty sure that if the forum existed at the time I would have discovered it.

Just announced when I joined....September 2009

ltxi
04-21-2018, 05:59 PM
I'm just relying on the GOOD judgement of my cyber Hubby!!! You go ahead and challenge the Colonel!

....which is at least your second mistake. And, I've challenged him many times...always, far as I can remember, over his poor judgement wrt proper size of wimmen's boobs.

AIRret
04-21-2018, 06:32 PM
....which is at least your second mistake. And, I've challenged him many times...always, far as I can remember, over his poor judgement wrt proper size of wimmen's boobs.

Just joking….kinda spicing up the forum discussion….just like you!!

Bawanna
04-21-2018, 07:59 PM
Were thee offended oh my lovely cyber bride. Shall I challenge Itxi to a mud wrestling match to amend his ways?

I guess watch two old codgers a mud wrestling wouldn't be near as entertaining as watch wimmens mud wrestling but the offers out there.

For the record I think the painted jeep hood girl is just right. The real jeep hood girl is really fine but a little sparing in the breathing apparatus.

Very clever of them to make a real picture like the drawing.

My first thought was to find the differences. The real girl has a box at her feet for one. Do I get a prize?

Bawanna
04-21-2018, 08:00 PM
another note…..the convict said the the first thing he noticed was the tire size on the jeep!
Hmmmmm, i don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing!!!

too funny!

AIRret
04-21-2018, 10:10 PM
Were thee offended oh my lovely cyber bride. Shall I challenge Itxi to a mud wrestling match to amend his ways?

I guess watch two old codgers a mud wrestling wouldn't be near as entertaining as watch wimmens mud wrestling but the offers out there.

For the record I think the painted jeep hood girl is just right. The real jeep hood girl is really fine but a little sparing in the breathing apparatus.

Very clever of them to make a real picture like the drawing.

My first thought was to find the differences. The real girl has a box at her feet for one. Do I get a prize?

Nope, not offended, but I'd pay to see you two mud wrestle!!

Armybrat
04-22-2018, 04:52 PM
No oldfarts mud rasslin' please. More Jeep girls.

ltxi
04-22-2018, 05:31 PM
Nope, not offended, but I'd pay to see you two mud wrestle!!

Didn't think you would be/were. It was da Col I were pickin' on. And I'd be happy to do the mud wrestling thing, 'long as we do it proper....nekked.

AIRret
04-22-2018, 09:00 PM
Didn't think you would be/were. It was da Col I were pickin' on. And I'd be happy to do the mud wrestling thing, 'long as we do it proper....nekked.

Since I'm the Col. cyber wife….when you pick on him your are picking on me….

I would still like to see you two mud wrestle……2019 my live in Hubby and I JUST might be in the area!!
Hmmmmm, I'd like to sell TICKETS!!!!! OF course the $$$$ would be donated to good cause.

jeepster09
04-23-2018, 06:25 AM
To tight? Loosen up...

Bawanna
04-23-2018, 08:58 AM
Somebody help me back in the chair!

Makes a good flame thrower too.

wyntrout
04-23-2018, 02:11 PM
http://www.kahrtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7990&stc=1&d=1363707220

Dang! I wish that we had emoticon buttons... "Like", "Laugh", and so on. :D

ltxi