PDA

View Full Version : New member and new 1st time Kahr owner, problems with new CT40

travelinbob
05-02-2018, 06:57 PM
Hello all,
Looking forward to breaking in the new CT40 but have to clear some questions first. New gun, received last night. took it apart for cleaning. Reassembled but couldn't fully seat the slide stop because (per the factory tech rep) the slide stop spring was damaged during manufacture. OK, a $7 dollar part. OK. My real concern is a serious bow in the frame forward of the front guide rails. There is a .065" outward bow on the left side. Again the Kahr tech rep said that is common for the polymer frame, and it would't affect function or durability(I own a lot of polymer guns and never saw that). Is this true?- I'm wondering how much of the steel guides in the area is still in the frame.
I got an RMA but now I gotta pay next day air and that kills the goood deal I got. I know WAAAAA deal with it soldier. OK that feels better.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

b4uqzme
05-02-2018, 07:26 PM
The bowed frame is designed that way. But it should be symmetrical. Can you double check to confirm it’s the same on both sides? You can use the metal slide rails as a reference. Those are straight.

Welcome. You will enjoy that CT40.

travelinbob
05-02-2018, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the reply B4uqzme. Not symmetrical. Reference from inside the rail to max bow, RS is .177", LS is .201"(shoulda gone further in the analysis). And I am looking forward to the CT40 soon as I get this cleared up. It has a great feel, nice trigger.

Bobshouse
05-02-2018, 08:29 PM
Did you purchase it new? If so, it should go back on Kahr's dime...

travelinbob
05-03-2018, 05:44 AM
Thanks Bobshouse. It is new. I'll give it a try again today. It is Kahr's screwup.

Bawanna
05-03-2018, 08:41 AM
A picture would be most helpful but I'm thinking it's completely normal and there by design.

CCHGN
05-03-2018, 02:45 PM
LOVE, LOVE , LOVE my CT40. No issues like that.

travelinbob
05-03-2018, 05:41 PM
Sorry Bawanna I tried to load pics 3 times and no luck. The bow is normal but should be symmetrical -mine is out by .024"
Update- called Kahr again, gave more info (rep said uneven bow was out of tolerance), I said I shouldn't have to pay next day air shipping because of something Kahr's QC should have caught. The rep agreed and sent me a pre-paid shipping label. Thumbs up to Kahr customer service-so far.

b4uqzme
05-03-2018, 07:43 PM
^^^ sorry to hear you gotta send it back but you are on your way. It’s worth the effort. You will also love that gun once it’s back. My P40 is my 90% of the time carry pistol.