PDA

View Full Version : Magguts: Another Purchase

ceNex
10-15-2018, 12:44 PM
Was tempted to buy another pistol this month.. but did well to resist this.

Invested in ammo and upgraded some existing pistolas. Purchased the magguts innards for my CW380. Reviews seem positive and I am looking forward to receiving.

Will post updates after the swap and a range trip.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

AIRret
10-15-2018, 02:16 PM
ceNex.......the purchases just never STOP.......hmmmm well...I shouldn't get another gun just YET but maybe I could use another holster, or maybe I could update my mags, or change out a slide release, or do something with the GRIPS.......on and on and on and on!!!
WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!!!!!!!!..........but maybe you've been in the CLUB a long long time.

Bobshouse
10-15-2018, 02:50 PM
Good move, that one extra shot may save your life.

vinnier6
10-15-2018, 04:16 PM
Not only an extra shot, but more positive and reliable slide lock on last round

ceNex
10-16-2018, 07:53 PM
Only question/concern I have: my CW380 is the tungsten model with one magazine having the pinky extension.

Will this work? I see some stuff in the FAQ and have entered the info in the notes section while placing the order.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Wlfman13
10-16-2018, 10:19 PM
My experience is that the Pierce pinkie extension will not work with the Magguts system. The hole in the Pierce pinkie extension is in the wrong place, and the Magguts spring is welded to the piece that has the nub that locks into the hole in the baseplate.

That being said, you may be able to drill a new hole in the Pierce pinkie extension to make it work. IIRC, the hole was about 1/4” off.

-Wlf

lantern
10-18-2018, 08:03 PM
Only question/concern I have: my CW380 is the tungsten model with one magazine having the pinky extension.

Will this work? I see some stuff in the FAQ and have entered the info in the notes section while placing the order.

It absolutely will. I have the Tungsten and used it with mine. The trick is the "bump" is in a different place, but MagGuts is made where you can swap the placement of the fin on the lock plate around and get it to fit.

Wlfman13
10-18-2018, 08:56 PM
Thanks, lantern! You just filled my “learn something new quota” for the day!

-Wlf

Ol'coot
10-19-2018, 02:32 PM
I will be watching this thread for you updates. I hope to get to the range early next week to shoot my new Cw380. Seriously considering upgrading a couple of the mags with Mag guts as most everything I can find online is positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ceNex
10-19-2018, 04:57 PM
I will be watching this thread for you updates. I hope to get to the range early next week to shoot my new Cw380. Seriously considering upgrading a couple of the mags with Mag guts as most everything I can find online is positive.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThe only update thus far is not good. USPS was supposed to deliver today, but no sign of the package. Checking the tracking info, and last scan was in FL, on Monday. No updates since.

Might be a while.....

Edit: surprise! Package was delivered today. Will change the guts tomorrow and report back next week!

ceNex
10-23-2018, 10:16 AM
The flat base plate swap was easy. Not so much on the extended base plate.

Called magguts who are sending a different spring and plate. Will try this week and then range time this weekend to test.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ceNex
10-25-2018, 08:00 PM
That was quick and custom service from Magguts was top notch. Received within 3 days the replacement spring and flat base.

Installed and ready to go.

Will head to range with a few different kinds of ammo and report back next week or so..

ceNex
10-26-2018, 03:30 PM
And.. made the most of the day off today. Went to the range with the newly upgraded mags.

No problem with most ammo. Still issues with the Fiocchi ball ammo, but that was expected. Magtech, Sig (FMJ) and Inceptor stuff was gobbled up no problem. Some issues with Failure to fire after the gun got a bit dirty. 50+ rounds were fired and the last round held open consistently.

Sold on this product.

charczard
12-05-2018, 10:47 PM
magguts are awesome. Have them for my p238 and couldnt be happier. The people over there need to make springs and followers for like 20 more models of pistols, the demand is certainly there.

DavidR
12-26-2018, 05:16 AM
I see from the Magguts website that they will soon have product for Kahr 9mm, both 6 and 7 round magazines.

lantern
12-27-2018, 05:41 AM
I see from the Magguts website that they will soon have product for Kahr 9mm, both 6 and 7 round magazines.

Looks like my MK9 and P9 will be getting a boost soon!!