PDA

View Full Version : Customized MK9 For Sale In Florida

BirdsThaWord
11-17-2018, 05:13 AM
PRICE DROP & NEW PICS BELOW! I need a new driveway and told the wife that I would pay by selling off some of my toys. Keeping my K9 (too many hours into it to let it go), but the MK is up for sale!

Comes as shown in the picture, which is the gun and 1 extended mag, ambi draw kydex iwb holster and the original, checkered wood grips (in excellent shape as well). It’s like new, but no cardboard box or flush magazine. The grips are by Lakeline LLC. The mag base plate and sleeve are by Lakeline LLC. I also installed Lakeline LLC’s metal follower in the magazine. Between all of the Lakeline stuff, the stainless grip screws, the included iwb holster and zippered carry pouch, I put another $225 into it. I will take $600 for it FIRM. That price is both fair and FIRM. What you see in the pic is whats included, plus a zippered, padded carry case and the original, wood grips it came with. Also, the original mag follower and mag base plate. Nothing else included. Around 150 rounds fired (winchester and hornady) and zero hiccups. Runs as it should! I bought it “as new” and unfired. All of the rounds through it were by me.

Once you give me your FFL info, I will take it to my FFL and find out the price for shipping and other related fees. You will be responsible for those fees on top of the $600. So to be clear, it is $600 plus shipping and ffl/background check fees to your FFL.

Thanks for looking!

BirdsThaWord
11-17-2018, 05:19 AM
The last pic I took with wood grips and stock magazine base. http://i66.tinypic.com/334lw87.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/2i94axw.jpg

BirdsThaWord
11-17-2018, 05:21 AM
Oh, the sights are standard Khar “i” sights and I also put stainless screws on the grips.

BirdsThaWord
11-21-2018, 07:25 AM
Lowering the price to $575. You’ll be getting te carbon fiber looking kydex holster shown below, not the plain one shown in the earlier pic. Additional pics...

http://i68.tinypic.com/24ymq8j.jpg
http://i66.tinypic.com/14bnc7k.jpg
http://i67.tinypic.com/wcn2g4.jpg

zamboni
11-21-2018, 05:55 PM
Where in Florida are you located?

BirdsThaWord
11-21-2018, 06:09 PM
I'm tickling Orlando

BirdsThaWord
11-25-2018, 10:27 AM
Sorry, it's no longer for sale as I sold off enough others. This one most likely will get a full polish and fiber optic sights this winter, so I will post pics once done. Thanks!

boscobarbell
11-25-2018, 11:37 AM
Sorry, it's no longer for sale as I sold off enough others. This one most likely will get a full polish and fiber optic sights this winter, so I will post pics once done. Thanks!

Good call. I think you would have regretted it. Looking forward to the pics.

BirdsThaWord
11-25-2018, 08:58 PM
Good call. I think you would have regretted it. Looking forward to the pics.
Thanks for saying that. I’m sure I would have. After getting rid of my first MK another one was tops on my wanted list until I was able to afford another. Awesome little guns!

Canine Dave
01-16-2021, 05:43 AM

Bird,

Did you complete the polish job on your MK9? I've contemplated doing that to mine. Did you use Flitz, Mothers? Any power buffing or all hand?

Thanks,

Dave

BirdsThaWord
01-16-2021, 07:05 AM
Bird,

Did you complete the polish job on your MK9? I've contemplated doing that to mine. Did you use Flitz, Mothers? Any power buffing or all hand?

Thanks,

Dave
Hi Dave, No I did not. I’ve had 2-3 polishing “projects” going on for a few years, but have never gotten to the MK. I did complete a now gone K9. No Flitz or Mothers was used. Sanding, filing, stoning and a buffing wheel was used. I’ve still got pics of the K9 and will attach them to this response. Good luck if you tackle that project. Just be ready for it to take a lot of hours, a lot of sandpaper and a lot of buffing compound. I generally start out very rough on stainless (#250 grit) and work my way to #1500 grit, also using the files or stones to get rid of any metal cast marks, chatter marks, metal boogers, etc. Then it’s to the buffer for black compound, then green. Sometimes you’ll have to go back a step to your more rough stuff. Anyways, hope that explains it and helps. I’d invite any more questions you may have once you get into it. Happy polishing!!!

BirdsThaWord
01-16-2021, 07:13 AM
Sorry Dave, I attempted to post pics, or post a link to the thread where I showed the K9’s progress, but am unable to do so.

Canine Dave
01-16-2021, 11:27 AM
eek. I'm not too sure that I'm ready for some of that aggressive kind of polishing.

How much less did your k9 weigh after the fluff?

I guess I'll be content just putting another coat of Shinola on my boots for now.

Thanks tho!

BirdsThaWord
01-16-2021, 11:42 AM
eek. I'm not too sure that I'm ready for some of that aggressive kind of polishing.

How much less did your k9 weigh after the fluff?

I guess I'll be content just putting another coat of Shinola on my boots for now.

Thanks tho!
Man, I don’t blame you. Everytime I think about getting back onto one of my projects, my knuckles hurt as if I already worked on one!

Canine Dave
01-16-2021, 03:00 PM
Hi Dave, No I did not. I’ve had 2-3 polishing “projects” going on for a few years, but have never gotten to the MK. I did complete a now gone K9. No Flitz or Mothers was used. Sanding, filing, stoning and a buffing wheel was used. I’ve still got pics of the K9 and will attach them to this response. Good luck if you tackle that project. Just be ready for it to take a lot of hours, a lot of sandpaper and a lot of buffing compound. I generally start out very rough on stainless (#250 grit) and work my way to #1500 grit, also using the files or stones to get rid of any metal cast marks, chatter marks, metal boogers, etc. Then it’s to the buffer for black compound, then green. Sometimes you’ll have to go back a step to your more rough stuff. Anyways, hope that explains it and helps. I’d invite any more questions you may have once you get into it. Happy polishing!!!

Why do I think that is the exact process Kahr Co uses on the elites? Did you mention that? Can't recall where it came from.

BirdsThaWord
01-16-2021, 03:40 PM
Why do I think that is the exact process Kahr Co uses on the elites? Did you mention that? Can't recall where it came from.

I think those guys have muuuuuuch better equipment and processes than myself. The K9 must have taken 60-80 hours. They’d be some mighty expensive guns, or be using less than cheap labor, if they were as slow as me. : )

BirdsThaWord
01-16-2021, 03:44 PM
Finally got one pic that would upload. A slide from one of the ongoing projects, a Springfield compact 1911.

JohnR
01-16-2021, 06:40 PM
Wow!

TheGreatGonzo
01-29-2021, 08:58 AM
If you decide to part with any of your grips, I'm looking for a pair. Beautiful pistol.

BirdsThaWord
02-02-2021, 11:09 AM
If you decide to part with any of your grips, I'm looking for a pair. Beautiful pistol.
Thank you for the compliments guys!
Gonzo, I don’t have those grips anymore. Sorry.