PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ordered a "massdrop" light? $29.99

AIRret
01-22-2019, 01:08 PM
massdrop-brass-aaa-pocket-flashlight (https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-brass-aaa-pocket-flashlight?mode=shop_open&utm_source=shopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=1567382634&utm_term=61911078160&utm_content=295404043113&utm_keyword=&utm_placement=pla-520512076942&utm_network=g:c::1o4&utm_device=&gclid=Cj0KCQiAm5viBRD4ARIsADGUT26ls-uoccW4xO_CT7kAj3TDYwr-ekn-N-UDqcXneupk9HCrO1yvmMMaAiM7EALw_wcB)

This is a very small pocket light (about the size of a chapstick) which has some good features; one AAA battery, 36 hours on low, can clip it on a cap, and it's size means you can carry it no matter how you are dressed! It's not tactical, but it is practical! I haven't bought one yet but it seems like a great little back up light.
Do any of you folks have one??? What do you think?

There are several models, one is brass, and another is titanium, which is a little more $

Bawanna
01-22-2019, 01:47 PM
But what if I'm not dressed? Seriously, well I don't do serious but I'll go look it over. Never heard of it till now.

I'm learning a lot from you this week, first Ted Williams and now this...........................

AIRret
01-22-2019, 02:21 PM
OK.....so where do you put your gun when you are showering? The convict and I "assume" you don't wear cloths when you are in the shower.....right!?!?!

I wrap my gun in a dry cloth and place it on the floor just outside the shower door. That might seem silly, but I try to be in condition yellow and I don't want to expose my gun the the extra humidity.

gb6491
01-22-2019, 02:40 PM
I've no experience with those, but that's a pretty good price for a brass AAA light.
The specs seem similar to my wife's Maratach: https://countycomm.com/collections/aaa-flashlights/products/brass-maratac-aaa-flashlight-rev-3

My taste in lights runs to these two:
AAA, these work well and are pretty bright, but only have one setting.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0769J8PP4/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

My favorite AA light:
Pretty good with regular AA batteries, insane with 14500 Li-on cells.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FFKJVT1/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Regards,
Greg

yqtszhj
01-22-2019, 02:53 PM
I have a streamlight microstream about that size and like it. That size is very convenient.I paid $15 but it’s black aluminum.

Bawanna
01-22-2019, 03:19 PM
OK.....so where do you put your gun when you are showering? The convict and I "assume" you don't wear cloths when you are in the shower.....right!?!?!

I wrap my gun in a dry cloth and place it on the floor just outside the shower door. That might seem silly, but I try to be in condition yellow and I don't want to expose my gun the the extra humidity.

In my younger more manly days I put my gun in two zip lock bags and took it in the shower with me. I am rather shy at times so sometimes I do eliminate two birds with one wash and do clothes and body at the same time. Especially if it's a saturday.
Since I can't hear much of anything without the machine stuffed in my ear which comes out swimming, showering, heavy rain etc, I not longer maintain any condition. Since they'd take me out before I knew they were there.

Guess I kind of care less and less as time goes by too. Sort of into bonus time so to speak.

getsome
01-22-2019, 03:30 PM
Last time I was cleaning my gun in the shower it went off on me!!!

AIRret
01-22-2019, 04:00 PM
I've no experience with those, but that's a pretty good price for a brass AAA light.
The specs seem similar to my wife's Maratach: https://countycomm.com/collections/aaa-flashlights/products/brass-maratac-aaa-flashlight-rev-3

My taste in AAA lights runs to these two:
These work well and are pretty bright, but only have one setting.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0769J8PP4/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

My favorite AAA light:
Pretty good with regular AAA batteries, insane with 14500 Li-on cells.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FFKJVT1/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Regards,
Greg

Now your talking!!!!!!!! Everyone on the forum can always rely on good, thorough information!!! Thanks
When I showed the convict that $13.99 flashlight he said he might have to go straight with prices like that!

AIRret
01-22-2019, 04:04 PM
I have a streamlight microstream about that size and like it. That size is very convenient.I paid $15 but it’s black aluminum.

Thanks for the info. How long have you had it?
Streamlight does have a very good reputation.

AIRret
01-22-2019, 04:04 PM
Last time I was cleaning my gun in the shower it went off on me!!!

Your BAD!!

AIRret
01-22-2019, 04:09 PM
In my younger more manly days I put my gun in two zip lock bags and took it in the shower with me. I am rather shy at times so sometimes I do eliminate two birds with one wash and do clothes and body at the same time. Especially if it's a saturday.
Since I can't hear much of anything without the machine stuffed in my ear which comes out swimming, showering, heavy rain etc, I not longer maintain any condition. Since they'd take me out before I knew they were there.

Guess I kind of care less and less as time goes by too. Sort of into bonus time so to speak.

Washing your cloths in the shower?!?! Multi tasking!!! I thought that was a woman's skill..........HA HA.

Guess I kind of care less and less as time goes by too. Sort of into bonus time so to speak. Hmmmm, I'm not there yet, but I sure wouldn't want to be young theses days......I don't recognize my Beloved Country anymore

Bawanna
01-22-2019, 04:36 PM
Au Contrair, I'd love to be young again. I'd find some place to live off the grid. Many things I'd do differently, many things I'd do the same.
More I ponder it, maybe a do over might not be the greatest thing.?

I learned clothes washing from Charlie Wooster on Wagon Train. Many people have super hero's , Wooster is mine.

ltxi
01-22-2019, 05:24 PM

x2...!

yqtszhj
01-22-2019, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the info. How long have you had it?
Streamlight does have a very good reputation.

Only a couple of months but the size is what sold me on them. You forget you have them they’re so small and realize how useful they are because you use them often.

Bawanna
01-22-2019, 06:27 PM
Sort of like the binoculars you leave on the dash of the truck cause they are too big to pack around in the woods.

I got some of them little ones that fit in your pocket, saw more game and stuff after that than ever before.

Same with flashlights, I have two on me all the time and use them often and get asked to borrow them frequently too.

I have a little Fenix which is of course a tad larger than these but darn good light, has a strobe feature which I don't really care about but the grand kids dig it. Also dims for like reading or looking at a map and such. Yeah I'm tech challenged, still look at maps.

tokuno
01-22-2019, 09:05 PM
I have a couple Thrunights that I really like (both AA as a personal preference, but they offer AAA as well):
http://www.thrunite.com/thrunite-archer-1a-v3/ (http://www.thrunite.com/thrunite-archer-1a-v3/)
http://www.thrunite.com/thrunite-t10-tailcap-magnetic-flashlight/

Reversible clip for a hat, super-low, long-life firefly setting (for nighttime navigation to the bathroom without disturbing she-who-must-remain-asleep)

One lives on my nightstand, the other is my 'travel' light. Both compact, portable, lightweight, and rugged. The T10 came with a slip-on diffuser that turns it into a 14-day nighttime reading light for camping/back-packing.

Can't recommend them highly enough.

gb6491
01-23-2019, 08:06 AM
Now your talking!!!!!!!! Everyone on the forum can always rely on good, thorough information!!! Thanks
When I showed the convict that $13.99 flashlight he said he might have to go straight with prices like that!
Sorry MB, that second light is AA (or 14500), not AAA.
I've edited my original post to reflect that.
Regards,
Greg

340pd
01-23-2019, 11:12 AM
Before you order, look at this item which is the same material, size, and better performance. I have one of these little beauties in titanium, copper, and brass and have been carrying them for years. They are magnificent products from a very unique company.

https://countycomm.com/collections/aaa-flashlights/products/brass-maratac-aaa-flashlight-rev-3

AIRret
01-23-2019, 12:44 PM
Only a couple of months but the size is what sold me on them. You forget you have them they’re so small and realize how useful they are because you use them often.

BUT, when they are required YOU'LL remember...........I've had that happen a couple of times!!!!!!!!!! SOoooo, I absolutely agree!!

AIRret
01-23-2019, 12:47 PM
We already caught that!!! Not only are you good.......you are right......and you correct you're bobbles!! That's rare

AIRret
01-23-2019, 12:53 PM
340pd.....Thanks so much, we are still on the hunt!!
We will report when we find when we look for it!
Both of us have tactical flash lights but we are looking for something that is not "that" evident!

ltxi
01-23-2019, 07:41 PM
I'm a many, many year flashlight addict, beginning before the led revolution. For years I spent time and $$ buying and building my own, cutting edge lights to approach what I wanted/needed. Today that's no longer necessary and my go to answer is Fenix. Very high quality at moderate price and their whatever your use model selection is great.

For an always with you moderate brightness light check out their UC02. It's a truly unobtrusive, two stage, USB rechargable keychain light. I have several,

340pd
01-24-2019, 08:16 AM
I'm a many, many year flashlight addict, beginning before the led revolution. For years I spent time and $$ buying and building my own, cutting edge lights to approach what I wanted/needed. Today that's no longer necessary and my go to answer is Fenix. Very high quality at moderate price and their whatever your use model selection is great.

For an always with you moderate brightness light check out their UC02. It's a truly unobtrusive, two stage, USB rechargable keychain light. I have several,

I also have a number of Fenix lights. The rechargeable feature was always interesting to me and being a lover of objects brass or copper, a couple of months ago I bought one of these, 150 lumens out of the smallest flashlight I have ever seen. (https://countycomm.com/collections/pocket-lights/products/copper-peanut-led-flashlight-kit-by-maratac-rev-2)

BTW, I still rely on my decades old SureFire 6P which has been modified multiple times just to keep up with technology.

Bawanna
01-24-2019, 08:32 AM
I have a Surefire 6Z I've had for probably 20 years now. Keep meaning to upgrade to an LED bulb but the bulb is more than the whole flashlight now days.

Have it and my Fenix on my all the time. First thing the grandkids go for when they hit my house. One for each.

AIRret
01-24-2019, 03:53 PM
Sort of like the binoculars you leave on the dash of the truck cause they are too big to pack around in the woods.

I got some of them little ones that fit in your pocket, saw more game and stuff after that than ever before.

Same with flashlights, I have two on me all the time and use them often and get asked to borrow them frequently too.

I have a little Fenix which is of course a tad larger than these but darn good light, has a strobe feature which I don't really care about but the grand kids dig it. Also dims for like reading or looking at a map and such. Yeah I'm tech challenged, still look at maps.

The convict doesn't want to go anywhere "new" without a map.
Maps may not be as convenient as GPS but they are MORE RELIABLE! We've gotten lost when the GPS screws up.
Actually, we use both, they each have value.
I'll have to check out the Fenix Thanks

AIRret
01-24-2019, 04:00 PM
Thanks folks for all the information!!

I always carry at least one light.

ltxi
01-24-2019, 06:18 PM
I also have a number of Fenix lights. The rechargeable feature was always interesting to me and being a lover of objects brass or copper, a couple of months ago I bought one of these, 150 lumens out of the smallest flashlight I have ever seen. (https://countycomm.com/collections/pocket-lights/products/copper-peanut-led-flashlight-kit-by-maratac-rev-2)

Ahhh, hell....interesting and now I'm gonna have to go buy one.

Bawanna
01-24-2019, 07:01 PM
That's about tiny ain't it? Not much to hang onto.

ltxi
01-24-2019, 07:11 PM
That's about tiny ain't it? Not much to hang onto.

Pretty much the same size as my Fenix UC02s. As I noted, an always there when needed keychain light.

Bawanna
01-24-2019, 07:22 PM
My Fenix is a PD31. Considerable bigger than that but not too big and pretty handy.
Guess I need a tiny little one too.

AIRret
01-25-2019, 07:52 AM
Hey Bawanna you should send a copy of this thread to Fenix......maybe they would give you a sales mans commission!

Bawanna
01-25-2019, 08:47 AM
Aww, then I'd have to hire people to count my money and worry about folks stealing it, not sure it's worth the worry ya know.
Guess it would help to support you in a manner to which your accustomed although not sure how well the convict does. Sounds like he actually does pretty well.
Guess everyone deserves a second chance.

ltxi
01-25-2019, 06:13 PM
My Fenix is a PD31. Considerable bigger than that but not too big and pretty handy.
Guess I need a tiny little one too.

Yeah, I have a couple PDs for usual "full size" light use. The UC series is certainly not a replacement but functions great as an "always at hand".

AIRret
01-27-2019, 07:03 AM
Bawanna, I'm speechless!

gb6491
02-03-2019, 12:39 PM
Darn, these threads are dangerous...to the wallet;)
I decided I couldn't live without a copper or brass flashlight, so here's my new Limited Edition, Dual-Output, AAA, Olight I3T EOS Cu flashlight (quite a title:rolleyes:) the postman just dropped off:
https://i.postimg.cc/MHkwtwJq/aaa.jpg
The other light is a $6, CREE XPE-R3, AAA light from Amazon (pretty good on it's own merits).
Regards,
Greg

Bawanna
02-03-2019, 12:45 PM
Im not looking at these post no more. Is kind of something about a brass/copper flashlight though, and I "dont" have one....................

kenemoore
02-03-2019, 01:33 PM
So Greg, did the Marines use Never-dull metal polish? That new flash light brings back a lot of "bright work" memories.

gb6491
02-03-2019, 01:45 PM
So Greg, did the Marines use Never-dull metal polish? That new flash light brings back a lot of "bright work" memories.
LOL, I here ya! Dura-glit, then Brasso was the polish of choice in my day. If I remember correctly we got a can of the wadding type with our initial issue.

gb6491
02-03-2019, 01:56 PM
Im not looking at these post no more. Is kind of something about a brass/copper flashlight though, and I "dont" have one....................
Too late for me. Once I decided to cave in on the flashlight wants, I went all in and got a knife I've wanted for a while (but don't really need).
Meet BOB:
https://i.postimg.cc/RFW0dtXt/bob1000.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Regards,
Greg

Bawanna
02-03-2019, 03:04 PM
I got one of them whistles, little things are super loud.

Got a knife too, I'll have to take a picture of it.

ltxi
02-03-2019, 07:22 PM

And...I did buy one of these. A nice and good looking light. However, I just gotta say I like my Fenix UC02s better....same length, a bit smaller diameter, notably lighter, better two staging, somewhat brighter with a better beam pattern, and lower in cost.

340pd
02-04-2019, 07:58 AM
I keep bringing up CountyComm because I have been so impressed with their product offerings. This is the lowest price I have seen on their all brass AAA flashlight and I have one in every configuration/metal they offer but at $29/ea, I ordered five more yesterday as gifts for my family members.

https://countycomm.com/collections/aaa-flashlights/products/brass-maratac-aaa-flashlight-rev-3

Bawanna
02-04-2019, 08:27 AM
Thats a good looking light and cheap. I don't really need one but again I don't have a brass flashlight and everybody should probably have one, don't cha think.

gb6491
02-04-2019, 09:11 AM
Thats a good looking light and cheap. I don't really need one but again I don't have a brass flashlight and everybody should probably have one, don't cha think.
I hadn't thought about it before, but now I do think everybody should probably have one. So, darn you 340pd, at that price and feature set I had to order one. Brass or copper, that's my dilemma now, which to take to barbecues?
Going broke in Arizona,
Greg

340pd
02-04-2019, 04:15 PM
I hadn't thought about it before, but now I do think everybody should probably have one. So, darn you 340pd, at that price and feature set I had to order one. Brass or copper, that's my dilemma now, which to take to barbecues?
Going broke in Arizona,
Greg

I dealt with that question so now I own one in copper, one in Brass, and one in titanium. The threads are smoothest on the brass one. The brass and copper will patina nicely over time and if you want to restore the factory luster, coat it in ketchup and throw it in a plastic bag overnight.

The Brass ones are the only ones at $29.99 so those are the ones I bought for gifts.

AIRret
02-04-2019, 06:38 PM
Where's the $29.99 flashlight, all I see is $42??
thanks

340pd
02-05-2019, 10:18 AM
Where's the $29.99 flashlight, all I see is $42??
thanks

Looks like the sale is over. At $29.99 a pop I suspect those things sold like 30 round mags the day before the 2016 election.

AIRret
02-05-2019, 11:19 AM
Oops!