PDA

View Full Version : Back Pocket P380??

boscobarbell
03-30-2019, 08:09 PM
I need to find a pistol/holster combination that will allow me to back pocket carry in dress pants. (I used to own a Seecamp to fill that role, but I sold a few months ago.) I've established that my KT P32 and P3AT, as well as my Remington RM380, are just big enough that, although they work fine in jeans, they ride at the very top of the back pocket in dress pants and can be seen by someone looking down into my pocket (not glaringly obvious, but I won't risk it).

My P380 looks like it might just be small enough to work, but before I spend the money on a holster to check it out, I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has made back pocket carry work for the Kahr, and--if so--what holster did the trick for you.

Thanks for whatever help you can provide.....

Mike_usn_ret
03-31-2019, 07:58 AM
There are several "wallet holsters" on the market if they interest you. I have seen many varieties on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=wallet+holsters&ref=nb_sb_noss

boscobarbell
03-31-2019, 09:58 AM
There are several "wallet holsters" on the market if they interest you. I have seen many varieties on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=wallet+holsters&ref=nb_sb_noss

Thanks. I've been looking at some of them, but I hate to drop $$$ only to find out that the profile is just too big for my pants pocket. Been there, done that.

Was just hoping that someone else has tried this kind of carry with good results.

unclenunzie
03-31-2019, 12:29 PM
Recommend taking a look at http://pocketholsters.com/

I have been using their back pocket holsters for a long time and found them to work very well with seecamp, guardian, RM380. They have an option for a keycase zipper flap atop the holster which is made to block a downward view. I have not used that option but it might be of interest to you. I see the zipper flap option for lcp but not for p380. You could look at the lcp version to see what it looks like. Maybe they would do it for you custom.

boscobarbell
03-31-2019, 12:53 PM
Recommend taking a look at http://pocketholsters.com/

I have been using their back pocket holsters for a long time and found them to work very well with seecamp, guardian, RM380. They have an option for a keycase zipper flap atop the holster which is made to block a downward view. I have not used that option but it might be of interest to you. I see the zipper flap option for lcp but not for p380. You could look at the lcp version to see what it looks like. Maybe they would do it for you custom.

Thanks...looks like good stuff. Are you able to back pocket these in dress slacks, such as chinos?

unclenunzie
03-31-2019, 01:09 PM
My "dress slacks" these days are limited to jeans and mostly duluth trading type work pants, carpenter pants. I don't think I would be a good comparison. I can give you the measured dimensions of my holsters (the flat panel). You could see if that size would fit in your pocket.

This is the anti-print panel height/width:
seecamp 4 13/16 x 3 13/16
guardian 4 13/16 x 3 7/8
RM380 5 3/8 x 4

boscobarbell
03-31-2019, 02:49 PM
My "dress slacks" these days are limited to jeans and mostly duluth trading type work pants, carpenter pants. I don't think I would be a good comparison. I can give you the measured dimensions of my holsters (the flat panel). You could see if that size would fit in your pocket.

This is the anti-print panel height/width:
seecamp 4 13/16 x 3 13/16
guardian 4 13/16 x 3 7/8
RM380 5 3/8 x 4

That's very helpful. Thank you!

Wlfman13
03-31-2019, 09:56 PM
Boscobarbell,

The holster by pocketholsters.com WILL work very well with dress slacks and the P380.

-Wlf

skiflydive
04-01-2019, 07:03 AM
I use Uncle Georges back pocket holster. Very thin and hardly bigger than the gun itself. Highly recommended. https://www.unclegeorgeswalletholsters.com/kahr-p380-and-cw380/

boscobarbell
04-01-2019, 08:10 AM
Thanks for all the helpful responses, guys. I'm going to take a look at some those options and grab one. Much appreciated!!

Bobshouse
04-01-2019, 10:39 AM
16000 16001

Can be used as a wallet holster or remove the screws and use it as a pocket holster. He will make it for you with or without the laser attached.

http://www.bearcreekholsters.com/

(http://www.bearcreekholsters.com/)

Linthead
04-01-2019, 01:54 PM
I use a Recluse OS holster for front pocket carry of a P380, but it works fine and does not show in a back pocket if the pocket is deep enough. The back panel is about 5-1/4" high x 4" wide.

https://recluseholster.com/kahr-p380-recluse-solo-pocket-holster

It is available in right or left "hand" depending on which way you want to turn your hand to draw from a back pocket.

boscobarbell
04-01-2019, 03:20 PM
16000 16001

Can be used as a wallet holster or remove the screws and use it as a pocket holster. He will make it for you with or without the laser attached.

http://www.bearcreekholsters.com/

(http://www.bearcreekholsters.com/)

I love Bear Creek's work. When I sold my Seecamp, it hurt me more to lose the BC holster than the pistol.

Could I trouble you to measure the back panel on yours?

Bobshouse
04-01-2019, 04:08 PM
4 3/8 inches wide by 5 1/4 deep.

Bobshouse
04-01-2019, 04:13 PM

I tried to imitate his work by making myself one for the P380 without the crimson trace. Turned out pretty good.

CPTKILLER
04-01-2019, 04:40 PM
Bullardleather.com makes a fine holster for this purpose.

boscobarbell
04-01-2019, 08:31 PM
4 3/8 inches wide by 5 1/4 deep.

Awesome...thanks much!!

boscobarbell
04-01-2019, 08:42 PM
Bullardleather.com makes a fine holster for this purpose.

Just took a look...good stuff. Thanks!

Mike53
04-18-2019, 09:53 AM
I think that the P380 is preferred for wallet holsters , from what I gathered. I have a pocket holsters.com holster for my NAA guardian 32. That is pretty much the Seecamp size, and it works great. I want to get something a little bigger for the back pocket of my overalls. I have an MK9; but it is too heavy and to pretty to put in work gear. I see some good deals and a rebate from Kahr now and I am thinking of picking up a CM9 only for those larger pockets. That guy from pocket holsters .com who makes the holsters, they call Guru, does a nice job , and fully dyes and waxes , etc. from scratch. He puts the fasteners low where it hinges so it opens nice when you draw. Pocketholsters.com have most of they're holsters in stock too. Holster Pro holsters look good and he includes shipping. Those are English saddle leather, Pocketholsters.com uses Herman Oak, I believe. Good luck in your travels.

boscobarbell
04-18-2019, 08:07 PM
I think that the P380 is preferred for wallet holsters , from what I gathered. I have a pocket holsters.com holster for my NAA guardian 32. That is pretty much the Seecamp size, and it works great. I want to get something a little bigger for the back pocket of my overalls. I have an MK9; but it is too heavy and to pretty to put in work gear. I see some good deals and a rebate from Kahr now and I am thinking of picking up a CM9 only for those larger pockets. That guy from pocket holsters .com who makes the holsters, they call Guru, does a nice job , and fully dyes and waxes , etc. from scratch. He puts the fasteners low where it hinges so it opens nice when you draw. Pocketholsters.com have most of they're holsters in stock too. Holster Pro holsters look good and he includes shipping. Those are English saddle leather, Pocketholsters.com uses Herman Oak, I believe. Good luck in your travels.

Great info. Thanks for that.

For the time being, I'm going to try my new-to-me Seecamp .32 (an older Milford model...made back when they were finished by hand). I haven't even taken delivery yet, so I don't know how happy I'll be with my new acquisition, but I do know that my previous Seecamp was a perfect fit in the back pocket, whereas the P380 is marginal. Issues with Seecamps usually involve ammo sensitivity and some quirky manufacturing irregularities...so it really does come down to trying each individual pistol.

Frankly, I prefer the Kahr's trigger, sights, mag release, ammo selection, and takedown procedure. The only advantage of the Seecamp is that it is a) pretty and b) tiny. But if it doesn't work out I'm going to grab one of the several back pocket holsters mentioned on this thread, and see how my P380 carries in various pants.

King Rat
04-19-2019, 01:55 PM
I would like to know how much it weighs. I am interested in the lightest, thinnest Holster made. I do not want to add 1oz of unnecessary weight. I want a fast draw gun. OZ's mean a lot in a true pocket gun, IMO

Mike53
05-22-2019, 06:41 PM
I also have a pocketholsters.com holster for my naa guardian 32 . It works well even in suit pants. It is actually too small for my overalls and rotates around . I am getting a cm9 for that application as a working gun wallet holster. What is nice about the pocket holster.com holsters is there is not too much retention and it hinges open for a full grip. The maker is named Guru, and he vat dies and waxes every holster nicely. I believe uncle george's are stitched all the way in and don't hinge open. If you want something fancier , bear creek holsters look real nice; but I do not have any real experience with those. I am looking at Holsterpro.com, and he offers free shipping. His holsters are english bridle leather and may be a little heaver leather than is needed. Good luck in the quest.

boscobarbell
05-22-2019, 07:18 PM
I also have a pocketholsters.com holster for my naa guardian 32 . It works well even in suit pants. It is actually too small for my overalls and rotates around . I am getting a cm9 for that application as a working gun wallet holster. What is nice about the pocket holster.com holsters is there is not too much retention and it hinges open for a full grip. The maker is named Guru, and he vat dies and waxes every holster nicely. I believe uncle george's are stitched all the way in and don't hinge open. If you want something fancier , bear creek holsters look real nice; but I do not have any real experience with those. I am looking at Holsterpro.com, and he offers free shipping. His holsters are english bridle leather and may be a little heaver leather than is needed. Good luck in the quest.

Thanks. You seem to favor the same qualities I look for.

I ended up throwing in the towel and bought another Seecamp (this one is Milford...one of the earlier models when they still got a lot of hand-crafting TLC)...it's just hard to beat that really small profile for this particular niche. And this model even likes the the new Underwood rounds, which makes it a pretty potent (and reliable) little .32.

I currently using an old Aker holster that I'd held on to when I sold my previous Seecamp, but I'm already eyeing one of the Bear Creek holsters. I owned one before, and they are works of art (and the owner is a good guy).

p.s. I should add that my P380 isn't going anywhere...it's actually on my hip right now, loaded up with ARX rounds. I've grown quite fond of the little guy, and my teenage son also loves shooting it.

I_Like_Turtles
02-25-2020, 01:36 PM
I am on the verge of having my current suit pants modified to fit a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster for my J-frame.

BubbleHead
02-26-2020, 06:16 PM
Haven't read the whole thread, but perhaps take a look at Remora. Their sticky holsters won't come out of your pocket in a quick draw like leather sometimes can.