PDA

View Full Version : The Highwaymen

getsome
04-30-2019, 07:21 PM
I watched the movie last night on Netflix and really enjoyed it...It is the story of two retired Texas Rangers brought back into service to go after Bonnie and Clyde after all other attempts fail to stop the killers....Kevin Costner plays Frank Hamer and Woody Harrelson plays his old partner Maney Gault....There is very little about Bonnie and Clyde until the end and most of the movie is about how Frank and Maney play off each other and use old school police work to track down the outlaws.....The movie is very well made and the acting is good....If you like cops and robbers flicks this is a good one with lots of cool guns (Frank uses a Colt Monitor automatic rifle that is way bad a$$)....Unfortunately it's only on Netflix but if you have it you should check it out....I give it two thumbs up!

Bawanna
04-30-2019, 08:13 PM
Been meaning to watch it, heard it was good and two thumbs up is a pretty glowing review.

AIRret
05-01-2019, 02:49 PM
Have to check that out................I'll find someone with Netflix

Bawanna
05-01-2019, 02:50 PM
I got Netflix, come on over.

AJBert
05-01-2019, 04:18 PM
My wife cancelled Netflix about a month ago and it ran out yesterday. Just my luck.

ltxi
05-01-2019, 07:02 PM
I've known about The Highwaymen since I read an extremely glowing pre release review awhile back. I have not watched a full TV show or movie in at least two years (rediscovered the concept of reading) but this one I will. Wife is a TV addict, as well as a reader, with a Netflix subscription so it's available to me when I get around to it.

Planedude
05-02-2019, 04:28 AM
Do take the time and check the Highwaymen movie out. My wife knew nothing about it when we started it and she loved the film too...
That's an even better review than two thumbs up (if you only knew my wife). She rated it five stars...
Do enjoy!

340pd
05-02-2019, 09:53 AM
I have to be the only one that found it to be a bit boring. I guess I expected more Bonnie and Clyde.

leadcounsel
05-07-2019, 02:13 AM
I found it to be above average. Nothing special. I like the actors. Some of it felt contrived. And the gunplay wasn't particularly accurate or interesting. For example, Costner's character takes a BAR and puts an entire magazine into a steel road sign, perforating it thoroughly. The backdrop for the road sign is a pond. Not a single bullet strike in the pond. A glaring gun related oversight IMO. A few other nitpicks, such as his interaction with the gun store owner in buying guns felt far too contrived and goofy.

I did like how they actually went to test fire the guns. And some other parts of the film were clever or interesting.

It's worth watching.