PDA

View Full Version : PM9 CM9 slide lock - interchangeable?

balddog05
06-03-2019, 09:07 PM
just wondering, i read where the PM9 slide lock is steel milled and tooled instead of metal injecting molded like the CM9 - one of the reasons for the price difference between the two models

i can get a PM9 slide lock for free with some of the rebate buxx i have with Kahr - will the slide lock for the PM9 interchange with the CM9 - while i have complete confidence in the MIM slide lock is it worth the change out?

using the $45 rebate i got, looking at some internal parts, i already have 6 magazines so no use investing it there - parts that will eventually wear out im looking into also

judging by cost on the Kahr store site, which is the same for both, wouldn't the steel milled PM9 slide lock be the better investment

thx

- Richard

balddog05
06-05-2019, 03:25 PM
well, to answer my own question, according to Kahr customer service, the two slide locks ARE interchangeable

for all you Kahr gun owners who might have been wondering yourself that's the answer i got from Kahr CS

in fact, i was told most of the frame hardware is interchangeable between the PM9 and the CM9

Bawanna
06-05-2019, 03:28 PM
I thought that was the case but I didn't want to spread false information when I wasn't positive. Thanks for the clarification.

skiflydive
06-06-2019, 07:02 AM
I believe the lever part of both is MIM...just like jet engine turbine blades.

balddog05
06-08-2019, 01:30 AM
I believe the lever part of both is MIM...just like jet engine turbine blades.
actually the slide stop lever for the PM9 is forged steel - i ordered one of them too after verifying that with customer service - not really an issue you're probably talking about 1% difference in strength - man, i hope they're not pulling my antenna on that :)

it's mentioned in this link :https://www.kahr.com/the-kahr-cm9/

Injection molded slide stop lever, as opposed to a lever machined from steel, which theoretically would be stronger. I’m sure it was a cost saver, but I don’t think they would use this process if it reduced the reliability of the gun.

bakerjw
06-15-2019, 08:18 PM
I have a question - the shaft on my PM9 slide lock rotates - having never been able to examine another PM9 to verify I was wondering if this was standard on all PM9’s or some aspect that is no longer made (mine is 17 years old)

Wlfman13
06-15-2019, 08:47 PM
Apparently some do, and some don’t. But I think the PM slide stops are supposed to.

Same with the P380. Interestingly. the one for my P380 never rotated/spun. For 2000 rounds. Until I dropped it on the tile bathroom floor. When I picked it up, it now spins.

-Wlf

bakerjw
06-15-2019, 10:09 PM
Good to know - Thanks!

Now I am wondering if it is inherent to function in some way that if you replaced it with a solid, non-rotating slide stop would you see some degradation in accuracy or reliability - allegedly parts are interchangeable so it makes one wonder...

Bawanna
06-15-2019, 11:09 PM
I don't see where it could make much difference. Certainly not in accuracy for sure. The barrel pivots on that pin weather the pin spins or not.

I've always preferred the ones that spin but really no good reason for my preference. It fits snugly on the barrel lug. I always put a bit of oil on it when cleaning anyhow so not a big deal.