PDA

View Full Version : my customer service experience

hedgehog
09-01-2010, 12:00 AM
With Kahr was excellent. I bought a new T9 and it was having some issues, I called up and spoke with a guy named Ian, He sent me a label to print out to have my t9 sent in. about 1.5 weeks later It came back, good to go. Today I ran 200 rounds through it (federal 115 fmj) without any issues. :80:

I even got a little cocky and ran five jhp's through it, same thing, no issues. and this was after 200 rounds and It was fairly dirty inside at this point.

Accuracy was extremely good! Novak sights were easy to see. The rear sight became loose towards the end and I slid it off before it fell off. I guess the screw wasn't tightened at the factory or something, no big deal. :eek:

I think the t9 is a seriously overlooked carry gun. Its nearly identical in overall size to the springfield EMP 1911, but has a longer barrel and sight radius (you lose one round though)

would anyone be interested in a comparison video between those two ?

http://i53.tinypic.com/1z3cc9t.jpg

anyway, thumbs up to Ian at Kahr :D

MikeyKahr
09-01-2010, 12:13 AM
Nice report, hedgehog. Glad to hear Kahr made it right and the T9 shoots like a dream. Sweet looking gun, thanks for sharing.

ripley16
09-01-2010, 04:56 AM
What was wrong with your T9, and what did Kahr do to fix it?

I agree, the T9 makes a fine CCW, as does the TP9.

johnh
09-01-2010, 06:42 AM
The T9 and EMP comparison is one I have thought of as well. As much as I am a 1911 fan, I think when you get that small in size a smoother profile is better for CCW. The T is a great choice for a concealment piece. I am very happy with my K9, but might have had a T9 if I had found a good deal at the time.

John

hedgehog
09-01-2010, 07:40 AM
John, I see used t9's go for 500-600 on gunbroker sometimes I guess their resale value isn't that great, everyone these days wants plastic :/
Mine was having slide stop issues. It was locking open without a magazine inserted. They replaced the slide stop spring.

hedgehog
09-01-2010, 07:44 AM
The T9 and EMP comparison is one I have thought of as well. As much as I am a 1911 fan, I think when you get that small in size a smoother profile is better for CCW. The T is a great choice for a concealment piece. I am very happy with my K9, but might have had a T9 if I had found a good deal at the time.

John

I Agree. My emp has alot more "snaggy" parts

rholmes69
09-01-2010, 04:35 PM
I thought Ian had left the building...

wyntrout
09-01-2010, 04:40 PM
The guy is Eoin Pryal... it's pronounced Ian, though, a Brit'.
Wynn:)

jocko
09-01-2010, 05:03 PM
The guy is Eoin Pryal... it's pronounced Ian, though, a Brit'.
Wynn:)

and he is BRITISH also..

hedgehog
09-01-2010, 06:50 PM
and he is BRITISH also..

Yes, yes he most certainly is. Hehe

mser
09-07-2010, 12:52 PM
I too had an excellent customer service experience. Eoin helped me out when I sent Kahr an e-mail message regarding problems with my newly purchased PM40 and asked for their advice on correcting them. Kahr paid for shipping to and from their facility, replaced parts they felt necessary and provided me with a service work sheet documenting all work done. I shipped out on a Tuesday and received it back ten days later. My only concern, maybe a little nit-picky, is I'd like to have received a return shipping confirmation from Kahr so I'd have been sure to be home when FEDEX came by for delivery. But all in all I'd say their customer service is rated as excellent.

wyntrout
09-07-2010, 01:00 PM
I only got notice once, and that was when I had two guns there, and one was being returned that day... and I was talking to the department chief, who told me that. Being retired, I'm usually at home, but would make a point of being there if I had tracking confirmation like I have on virtually everything else I get shipped to me. That's with five returns and not counting this one for my PM45, which has to go through a dealer because of the new frame and serial number. I still don't know if that one's on the way or not. I can't be sure that the dealer faxed him his FFL... yet. :( I emailed him the info, called and left a message, called and talked to him, and then emailed a request for notification on my cell phone when he got news or the gun. Now I'm sitting on my hands, waiting.
Wynn:(

hedgehog
09-07-2010, 02:45 PM
i sent an email asking to be notified the day before it was returned and eoin called me personally.

their customer service is WAY better then the interwebz would have me beleive.