PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Earl

Dietrich
09-02-2010, 06:38 AM
As I now live on the NC coast I`m keeping a wary eye on the oncoming storm.The weather forecasters don`t know where it`s going to go and I get the feeling that they secretly want it to turn inland so they will have some death and destruction to talk about.I`ve lived through two hurricanes and I hope this one goes out to sea.They`re killers.
I met a man who lives near me two days ago.This shimmering jewel of collossal ignorance said he wished that the storm would hit here so he would get some free firewood to sell from trees blown down on peoples homes and cars.I stood in open mouthed disbelief after hearing this cretin. I feel the need to make the following statement.As a conservative citizen,I am against government funded abortions for the most part.However,had I been present when this moron was conceived,not only would I have gladly paid for his abortion,I would have performed it myself.

rholmes69
09-02-2010, 07:48 AM
Batten the hatches and hunker down, it's about to get crazy out there!!

Ol'coot
09-02-2010, 08:01 AM
I have been thinking about you for the past few days while watching this storm grown and head north, I will keep you and everyone on the east coast in my prayers.

deadhead1971
09-02-2010, 08:37 AM
The NC governor has declared a state of emergency on Sept 1 for the whole state. That means no one from the coast to the mountains can posses a weapon off their property. All gun shops and firing ranges are in violation. Of course that's asinine and ridiculous but that's how the law is written. What is the definition of an "area" and does that include the boundary of an entire state?

§ 14‑288.7. Transporting dangerous weapon or substance during emergency; possessing off premises; exceptions.

(a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, it is unlawful for any person to transport or possess off his own premises any dangerous weapon or substance in any area:

(1) In which a declared state of emergency exists; or

(2) Within the immediate vicinity of which a riot is occurring.

(b) This section does not apply to persons exempted from the provisions of G.S. 14‑269 with respect to any activities lawfully engaged in while carrying out their duties.

(c) Any person who violates any provision of this section is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. (1969, c. 869, s. 1; 1993, c. 539, s. 192; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c).)

MikeyKahr
09-02-2010, 11:38 AM
+1 Stay safe and stay dry, Dietrich. Guns and ammo too!! Let's pray this storm keeps turning east so the big stuff stays out to sea.

I have been thinking about you for the past few days while watching this storm grown and head north, I will keep you and everyone on the east coast in my prayers.

swampman
09-02-2010, 05:09 PM
Keep your powder dry and good luck. :)

Dietrich
09-03-2010, 05:30 AM
Thanks to all for your prayers.It seems that we have dodged a very large bullet as Earl took a more easterly track and weakened last night.I have not heard any reports of death or serious injury.Around here there are some limbs down and a good bit of small debris but I haven`t seen any trees down and we still have power.I hear that a pier was destroyed in Frisco on the outer banks and of some flooded roads but that`s all.We are good.

mrsig239
09-03-2010, 10:51 AM
It should be making it's way up here shortly. I am over 70 miles from the coast though so I shouldn't have a problem. Good to hear it is not causing the damage that it could have. Glad you made it OK.

deadhead1971
09-14-2010, 06:37 AM
Remember my comments 5 posts up about the governor's declared state of emergency?

Well check this out!!!!!!

Is Governor Perdue lying about North Carolina State of Emergency? - Charlotte gun rights | Examiner.com (http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-charlotte/governor-perdue-is-wrong-about-north-carolina-state-of-emergency?render=print)

jlottmc
09-14-2010, 11:45 AM
I always hated that law when I lived there. Too much that can be used to take weapons from the people, and all to often NO ONE and I do mean NO ONE obeyed that law.