PDA

View Full Version : Should Jocko's proper prep thread be a sticky?

jlottmc
09-04-2010, 02:31 PM
As often as we use this and refer to it should it be a sticky??? http://kahrtalk.com/kahr-tech/1521-proper-prep-new-kahr.html

MikeyKahr
09-04-2010, 04:05 PM
My vote is an emphatic yes!! I've referred to it many times and have referred others to it and think it's very helpful. I've tried to figure out why it's not a sticky yet. The only thing that my small brain can come up with is that maybe since it's not all grammatically correct (and in pure form "Jocko-speak"), that is why the higher ups haven't made it a sticky yet? Jocko's a great guy, and has been very helpful to me and many others on here - but let's just say he has a way with words!! :p Maybe if one of us did some "translation" work, we can call 3M and get some of their patented sticky stuff on the thread?

wyntrout
09-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Most definitely YES, but add some pictures! Or links to some of our posts with pictures.
Wynn:)

jocko
09-05-2010, 05:36 AM
hr is also right and I w
My vote is an emphatic yes!! I've referred to it many times and have referred others to it and think it's very helpful. I've tried to figure out why it's not a sticky yet. The only thing that my small brain can come up with is that maybe since it's not all grammatically correct (and in pure form "Jocko-speak"), that is why the higher ups haven't made it a sticky yet? Jocko's a great guy, and has been very helpful to me and many others on here - but let's just say he has a way with words!! :p Maybe if one of us did some "translation" work, we can call 3M and get some of their patented sticky stuff on the thread?

you got me, when I sometimes say WTF, I know you guys have your minds right in the gutter and my real intentions is World Trade Fair. You have to see the good with the bad:hurt:

When I was in Catholic school the nuns always told me when I did not understand what a word meant to look it up in the dictionary and you will never forget it if u do that. Works for me every time. Now when you read ol jocko's posts,and the wording gets alittle confused, you now are studying it more to see exactly WTF ol jocko is saying, and there fore you never forget what you read. I hope you can understand now why there is a lack of .?!: or paragraphs or some of that other stuff. It keeps you on your toes BUT BUT

Mickey Kahr is also right and I will try to do better with some of my wording but WTF is what ever your little pea picking hearts want to make out of it..

jlottmc
09-05-2010, 06:07 AM
Jocko, don't change a thing. We all like it here, and since you are a fixture of Kahrtalk, and it is your thread after all, don't change a thing.

jlottmc
09-05-2010, 06:10 AM
P.s. sorry for my mis-spellings in the title, new laptop and I didn't see the spelling correctly, so I over corrected.

jfrey
09-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Anything that informative HAS to be a sticky!

jlottmc
09-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Let us pray to the all mighty Mod deities here at Kahrtalk. All mighty mod's please hear our plea, I know we don't wish the walls to be covered in stickies, but this one is worthy. Please take our not so subtle hint. We ask you this in the name of all that is shoot-able and right. Amen. (Better make sure they haven't yet huh.)

jlottmc
09-05-2010, 10:01 AM
Ok how much more of a PITA can I be before I get the boot? I'll take one for the team if I need to but still, I've seen acts of Congress easier than this.

jlottmc
09-15-2010, 10:49 AM
Ok, I keep trying to get this done. Bear with me, I sent a PM to JohnH, and maybe, just maybe. Let's give this another week or so, and see what happens. I am not giving up on this one.

OldLincoln
09-15-2010, 11:31 AM
We're trying to clean the ashtrays in the tank while John is pinned down taking fire from a squad of unfriendlies. I'm sure he'll take a consideration after the site is fully restored.

On another site I visit, they made a Wiki for FAQ's and user guides so a committee reviews stuff and it takes the load off 1 person.

Bawanna
09-15-2010, 10:42 PM
Speaking of Jocko, where is that greasy ole biker anyhow. He was riding off to look at the new 2011 Harleys but should of been back by now. Course that's the nature of greasy bikers, you never know where they'll turn up. He's probably down the street from me right now plotting my assasination.
As for JohnH fighting unfriendlies, you know we got your back, no need to fight alone, course if the fight requires computer savvy, I for one might not be much help.

johnh
09-16-2010, 06:44 AM
Done! Sorry guys, I am a school administrator and school just started......

Talk about being pinned down, but I think they are mostly friendlies!

:D

John

jlottmc
09-16-2010, 12:19 PM
Thanks chief. I work building maint. for a local college, and my campus is going through a major remodel, I feel your pain, I really do.

Bawanna
09-16-2010, 06:52 PM
My people got a shot of Jocko somewhere near the Indiana border naturally astride his trusty scooter. Felt obligated to share it with everyone.

jlottmc
09-17-2010, 07:48 AM
I knew a guy that used to ride with those kind of ape hangars, me I never could get to like them.

Bawanna
09-17-2010, 09:11 AM
I can't imagine a worse less controllable riding arrangement. Maybe for sitting in front of the biker bar looking cool but for riding I'll take the low bars anytime.

jlottmc
09-17-2010, 09:26 AM
Especially on a long ride. Ape hangars make the scooter have a much different center of gravity, and the bike becomes very sensitive. Never did warm up to them.