PDA

View Full Version : Our Pal Itxi

Bawanna
08-04-2019, 09:12 PM
I received a troubling message from Itxi. Without his permission and with total disregard for if he's ok with it or not I shall share the meat and potatoes of the message.

Apparently the cancer is getting him now and he's convinced that there's no getting around an expiration date this time.
I heartily encouraged him to make liars of the doctors and fool them for another 15 or 20 years but alas it doesn't sound like that's gonna work.

So lets pile on some good thoughts and prayers and try to push that expiration date out as far as we can anyhow. ( Not to the point that he has to suffer or be miserable, nobody wants that).

The gist of the message was if we suddenly don't hear from him (ever) he lost.

Sprinkles are for winners and I'm dumping a bucket of them on your head so your not a loser.

I sent my email address and requested that if he's unable to have his wife or mistress email me to let us know the status.

jeepster09
08-04-2019, 09:27 PM
Very troubling. Prayers are with him.

kenemoore
08-05-2019, 02:54 AM
I wish him visions of small female mammary glands.

Ken L
08-05-2019, 06:17 AM
Good thoughts and prayers are sent.

Bobshouse
08-05-2019, 09:35 AM
Itxi, don't give up, you've put up one heck of a fight! I'm keeping you and yours in my prayers and waiting to hear the good news of you beating this.

Wlfman13
08-05-2019, 10:01 AM
Prayers sent for ltxi.

-Wlf

gb6491
08-05-2019, 10:08 AM
Prayers sent from the desert.

leftysixty
08-05-2019, 11:23 AM
Prayers sent!

yqtszhj
08-05-2019, 12:04 PM
Health and peace to you my friend.

JohnR
08-05-2019, 02:14 PM
Prayers and magic pixie dust from Florida to Itxi.

GROTMAN
08-05-2019, 05:01 PM
Itxi, you can add one more to the list praying for you.

Alfonse
08-05-2019, 05:08 PM
Grace of God to Itxi, his family and friends.

Bawanna
08-05-2019, 05:16 PM
Maybe I ought to try a different approach, and drive down and open a can of whoop arse. Try to drive you into the ground like a tent stake. Maybe get you angry enough to whoop this nasty thing.
Course I'll have to have lunch and maybe a nap before I try such a feat. Even then I might come out the pathetic loser I am.

Or maybe a beavy of bodacious large equipped bathing beauties. That ought to rile you some what.

O'Dell
08-05-2019, 06:19 PM
Count me in with the prayers. Don't give up Itxi!!!

dao
08-05-2019, 07:47 PM
May you find peace Itxi, with Him, here and there. Prayers for you and your family.

AIRret
08-06-2019, 06:36 AM
Itx, Many many prayer for you and your family.
Fight the good fight!!

Sorry I haven't been on the forum lately.....sometimes life gets in the way. All is good

getsome
08-06-2019, 12:16 PM
There is a God and I believe he listens....Prayer sent from Georgia....

340pd
08-06-2019, 12:26 PM
The same from MN.

Armybrat
08-06-2019, 12:59 PM
Come on Itxi, you still have plenty of yankee relatives back east to annoy! Don’t let them off.

Good thoughts from Deep In The Heart Of Texas.

berettabone
08-06-2019, 01:06 PM
:angel:Thinking of...…………………….

deadeye111
08-06-2019, 01:30 PM
Prayers sent from SE Missouri. Keep the faith, GOD still heals!!

Ed M
08-06-2019, 01:47 PM
Hang in there ltxi - you can beat this.

Prayers sent from Pennsylvania.

ltxi
08-06-2019, 06:22 PM
Thanks for all the good thoughts and comments, guys!

I sent this info to Bawanna in a PM 'cause I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, but did want someone to know what happened when I disappeared. And then he went and ratted me out.

It's not the docs telling me I'm into the end game here. They don't have to, in fact they're reluctant to bring it up. They all consider me a literate patient, which I am. I know a how to read and interpret a CT scan, blood work, cancer marker trends, etc. I've also from the beginning been a full participant in my treatment decisions and know how to read my body.

We changed my chemo treatment recently to specifically target the current problem and there's a slim chance of continuing to hold this off for a bit longer. But I'm not and never have been under any illusions....Stage IV pancreatic cancer is simply not survivable and I'm already going on three years since it surfaced. Quite remarkable actually, especially considering how damn bad off I was when it first hit. Puts me at about a two to three pecent survivor at this point already.

Also....think I've mentioned this in the past....I'll be going out on my own terms. I have no interest whatsoever in dragging this out to a bitter, lingering, painful end. When my quality of life drops below acceptable, with no rational possibility of recovery, I'm outta here.

:)

Bawanna
08-06-2019, 06:57 PM
I'm in total agreement on the quality of life thing. I just lost another friend on Saturday a 35 year cop from a neighboring town, moved to Florida about a year ago. Diagnosed with brain cancer. Did the treatment, made him so weak they put him in rehab to build his strength up so they could hit him again. They knew it was not survivable from the get go. Decided to forgo further treatment. Went from rehab right into hospice.
Kind of sad, but he didn't want to just occupy space in pain and discomfort. My dad did pretty much the same thing.
Not fair.

I'm sorry I ratted you out Itxi but figure everybody here is good friends and got the rights to know whats happening with other friends.
If you want to come on up and give me an arse whoopin, I'll take it with a song in my heart and a smile on my face, and I won't fight back.

Bring it.

boscobarbell
08-06-2019, 07:58 PM
Thanks for all the good thoughts and comments, guys!

I sent this info to Bawanna in a PM 'cause I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, but did want someone to know what happened when I disappeared. And then he went and ratted me out.

It's not the docs telling me I'm into the end game here. They don't have to, in fact they're reluctant to bring it up. They all consider me a literate patient, which I am. I know a how to read and interpret a CT scan, blood work, cancer marker trends, etc. I've also from the beginning been a full participant in my treatment decisions and know how to read my body.

We changed my chemo treatment recently to specifically target the current problem and there's a slim chance of continuing to hold this off for a bit longer. But I'm not and never have been under any illusions....Stage IV pancreatic cancer is simply not survivable and I'm already going on three years since it surfaced. Quite remarkable actually, especially considering how damn bad off I was when it first hit. Puts me at about a two to three pecent survivor at this point already.

Also....think I've mentioned this in the past....I'll be going out on my own terms. I have no interest whatsoever in dragging this out to a bitter, lingering, painful end. When my quality of life drops below acceptable, with no rational possibility of recovery, I'm outta here.

Great post. I commend you for your honesty, bravery, and overall philosophy.

Alfonse
08-06-2019, 08:20 PM
Itxi, that's why there is no wonder why you are valued here and I expect most everywhere else. Cheers.

jeepster09
08-06-2019, 09:03 PM
Thanks for letting us know Bawanna, we are all friends here and we did want to know.
Here Itxi...let this fire you up.

yqtszhj
08-06-2019, 09:06 PM
When my quality of life drops below acceptable, with no rational possibility of recovery, I'm outta here.

I like that perspective of doing it on your terms and it’s admirable. You ain’t done yet, hang in there.

Bawanna
08-06-2019, 10:08 PM
Thanks for letting us know Bawanna, we are all friends here and we did want to know.

Might not fire Itxi up, but it did fire me up.

CM9
08-07-2019, 06:33 AM
Itxi......................there is a whole lot of prayin goin on here , We know that you feel it.

AIRret
08-07-2019, 02:21 PM
Itxi, sometimes we are kinder to our treasured pets when we put them down............but it's always so damn hard!!! I respect you!

I hope you feel the Umbrella of prayers, it's like a little shelter.

Still PRAYING!

DavidR
08-07-2019, 04:49 PM
[emoji1317]

ltxi
08-07-2019, 06:33 PM

Thanks...you just took at least another full week off my life. :)

ltxi
08-07-2019, 06:53 PM
I'm in total agreement on the quality of life thing. I just lost another friend on Saturday a 35 year cop from a neighboring town, moved to Florida about a year ago. Diagnosed with brain cancer. Did the treatment, made him so weak they put him in rehab to build his strength up so they could hit him again. They knew it was not survivable from the get go. Decided to forgo further treatment. Went from rehab right into hospice.
Kind of sad, but he didn't want to just occupy space in pain and discomfort. My dad did pretty much the same thing.
Not fair.

I'm sorry I ratted you out Itxi but figure everybody here is good friends and got the rights to know whats happening with other friends.
If you want to come on up and give me an arse whoopin, I'll take it with a song in my heart and a smile on my face, and I won't fight back.

Bring it.

No worries, Col. I'm just not one of those who wants to create big fuss over my ownself. When I finally retired and walked out the door after almost 55 years in the intelligence business almost no one knew I was leaving. I had a flexible, part time schedule at that point and the day I left when our admin assistant asked when I would be back I just told her "Never" and dropped my badge in the visitor badge box on my way out the door. That was so, so cool to be able to pull off! My retirement from life plans are much the same...cremation, no funeral, no memorial service. And I trust my wife to pull that one off.

All that said, this thread has been a good thing for me. This outpouring of support, kind words, and sympathies has been quite moving and uplifting and I want thank all again for it.

-- Don

Planedude
08-09-2019, 06:40 AM
Offering up prayers for you sir. Although I'm not yet ready to retire (old now, but too young for that) I like your exit plan. Little fuss was made me coming into the place, it should be about the same on exit.

Life can be that way too. When you've lived you life on your own terms at every step, then stepping thru to the other side is done with confidence and satisfaction. Make those steps as only you see fit sir.

May the good lord bless you and keep you and we will all keep praying for you to have good days and smooth seas.

Peace

340pd
08-13-2019, 08:14 AM
Thanks Bawanna for "ratting out" Itxi . We are all better off with the knowledge of what is going on in his life. He has been a great contributor over the years.
Smooth sailing Itxi. You have a lot of class. When My time comes I hope I can recall your words.

Bawanna
08-13-2019, 08:32 AM
Now I gotta finish out my days labeled as a rat. Oh well, I'd do it again.

I agree on all counts, great member and lots of class. Penchant for small mammary glands.

wyntrout
08-13-2019, 09:04 AM
Prayers to you, my friend. Wishing you a miraculous recovery. :)

Bawanna
09-18-2019, 10:00 PM
I told my chief the other day not actually realizing that it mimics Itxi's strategy that when I retire, Nov 1 I hope that I don't want no tea and crumpets like they usually do, I don't want to parade in front of city council with the poor officers all dressed in class A's.
I want to head for the back door like usual with a small box of my last personal possessions with a simple see ya to whoever I pass on the way out.

No fanfare. Probably take me a couple months before i don't get up and park in my parking spot before I realize, what the heck am I doing here?

Stay strong Itxi.

AJBert
09-18-2019, 11:01 PM
I told my chief the other day not actually realizing that it mimics Itxi's strategy that when I retire, Nov 1 I hope that I don't want no tea and crumpets like they usually do, I don't want to parade in front of city council with the poor officers all dressed in class A's.
I want to head for the back door like usual with a small box of my last personal possessions with a simple see ya to whoever I pass on the way out.

No fanfare. Probably take me a couple months before i don't get up and park in my parking spot before I realize, what the heck am I doing here?

Stay strong Itxi.

That's how I left the Navy after almost 26 years. The only thing I cared about is that a check showed up the next month on the first and that my wife and I could still go to the doctor when needed. Thankfully, these past 11 years both the check and being able to go to the doctor are still happening.

Bawanna
09-19-2019, 08:35 AM
That there is what I'm figuring out right now, the check I'm confident will be there, the doctor is not as clear.
Now when the doctor becomes more and more important the coverage gets sketchy. I avoid them as much as possible but somethings you just gotta see them about. Like my blown left shoulder, perfect timing. Like any insurance all designed by bottom feeding lawyer with sharp pencils.

Quite a racket indeed. Tell you how much you have to pay for it and then they also decide what and if they will cover what ails ya.

Armybrat
09-19-2019, 01:14 PM
I retired in the middle of the summer, so my principal & the faculty didn’t have to shout “good riddance” when they ran me out on a rail through the front door of the school.

My direct deposit annuities have been coming reliably for 20 straight years, but no COLAs for us retired geezers in all that time, just an “extra” paycheck - once 15 years ago and another this month.

Hated having to change from Aetna insurance to Medicare, but at least with Obama gutting the great Ponzi scheme to fund his Obamacare scam, I no longer have to suffer the finger probe.

jeepster09
09-21-2019, 10:23 AM

Stay strong Itxi.

Perfect plan!

jeepster09
09-21-2019, 10:25 AM
Now I gotta finish out my days labeled as a rat. Oh well, I'd do it again.

I agree on all counts, great member and lots of class. Penchant for small mammary glands.