PDA

View Full Version : Some new eye candy

jg rider
10-22-2019, 12:46 PM
Several months back I purchased a Brownells s.s. frame to use with my second Marvel Precision .22 conversion. After doing my customizing I didn't like the stainless look. So I found a Cerakoter in my area to try to match the hard chrome finish of some of my other toys. With black controls. He hit it out of the ball park !

jg rider
10-22-2019, 12:57 PM
My wife decided she also needed a change so she wanted her Remington Rand done with a Purple Slide and a Black frame. I told her you just don't do purple on a 1911. I suggested since it was a WW2 gun it would look good in a battle worn finish Her reponce was "ugh !

So she settled for a Tungsten grey with balck controls

jg rider
10-22-2019, 01:01 PM
She decided that her Glock 17 needed a face lifting. She now went with a purple slide. But now she wanted a battle worn look to go along with it. Women ! Who can figure them out

Bawanna
10-22-2019, 02:17 PM
Thank you so much for saving that Remington. It looks great. Purple? I might have had to drive down to Oregon to deliver a spanking. Purple? On a Remington and a WWII to boot.

The Marvel is looking fabulous too. Loved that gun since the first time you posted a picture of it.

Purple???

jg rider
10-22-2019, 03:39 PM
Thank you so much for saving that Remington. It looks great. Purple? I might have had to drive down to Oregon to deliver a spanking. Purple? On a Remington and a WWII to boot.

The Marvel is looking fabulous too. Loved that gun since the first time you posted a picture of it.

Purple???

Hi Bawanna,
You probably remember the first frame I did about a year ago on an RIA frame that I used for both my Marvel units.
NOW ! I have an almost matching set.

Yes, purple... Now she's thinking about doing her Advantage Arms .22 slide the same colors. She doesn't realize that I'm not going to do another grip reduction like I did on her G17. It's to much trouble

Bawanna
10-22-2019, 03:53 PM
You got 2 and I got none, that don't hardly seem fair. Wait does that sound like a Democrat ?

jg rider
10-22-2019, 04:15 PM
you got 2 and i got none, that don't hardly seem fair. Wait does that sound like a democrat ?

rotflol !

BirdsThaWord
10-23-2019, 05:02 PM
Those 1911’s came out real nice! I love 2 tone 1911’s!

Bawanna
10-23-2019, 05:25 PM
I love that Remington just the way it was. It sings!

jg rider
10-24-2019, 10:45 AM
I love that Remington just the way it was. It sings!

Again I'm LOL,
You're right, but I can't leave things alone
My neighbor /friend's dad gave him a Colt 1911 that goes back to 1914. If you remember this is the guy that's a retired deputy sheriff detective, that's volunteered to take my toys in if I ever decided to surrender them.
Well last night he came over with this new toy. And UI was already thinking it needed a trigger job, tighter barrel bushing, different sights, etc.
Really the thing that caught my eye are the patent dates on the slide. 1897

Bawanna
10-24-2019, 11:02 AM
Please try to restrain yourself. It would be a crime to do anything to that gun.

It's drop dead gorgeous just the way it is and it's served it's time.

Bet it still shoots plenty well enough.

I had a guy bring me one like that, it dated right in there 1913 or 1914. I thoroughly cleaned and oiled the thing my britches sticking out in front the whole time. He wasn't a gun guy really. Actually he was a lawyer but I didn't know that until I'd cleaned it. He came to my house to pick it up and said he might just bring it back someday and leave it with me.
That was several years ago and I ain't seen it yet but I still hold out hope.

ct9kahrtoter
10-27-2019, 03:03 PM
Well, you certainly have some nice looking pistols now OP.

Barth
11-16-2019, 07:34 AM
https://i.imgur.com/feSD6k8.jpg

yqtszhj
11-16-2019, 10:01 AM
Love those grips on that Dan Wesson.

Different question now, on a 1911 what do folks prefer, a standard thumb safety or extended thumb safety and why? I have one with an extended thumb safety (my most recent purchase) and 3 with standard thumb safeties. I like the extended because I can rest my thumb on it while shooting after taking it off safe then it’s easier put it back on with more “lever” there. But for carry would a standard be better? Or does it even matter? What say you all?

Barth
11-16-2019, 02:11 PM
Love those grips on that Dan Wesson.

Different question now, on a 1911 what do folks prefer, a standard thumb safety or extended thumb safety and why? I have one with an extended thumb safety (my most recent purchase) and 3 with standard thumb safeties. I like the extended because I can rest my thumb on it while shooting after taking it off safe then it’s easier put it back on with more “lever” there. But for carry would a standard be better? Or does it even matter? What say you all?

I'm running a Wilson Combat - Thumb Safety, Tactical Lever, Bullet Proof®, Stainless.

I can shoot with both hands, but went with a non ambidextrous, low profile, safety for carry.
Although I do shoot and carry my DW Valor on occasion; it's more of a BBQ, Style Points, gun for me.
It's all personal preference friend.
The grips are one of a kind, hand made, exotic wood.
They can not be replaced...

Bawanna
11-16-2019, 09:17 PM
I agree personal preference. I have several and all have the standard safety, I also use the thumb safety as a thumb rest and ride it while shooting. I don't like extended mag releases for carry and really don't like ambi safeties. The off side 6% of the population is left handed, always seems to mess with me.
But again it's up to the person on what they like, how they carry and what they prefer.

gb6491
11-17-2019, 02:10 PM
jg rider,
Those .22s are too sweet (I never tire of seeing them)! That new paint does surely look like hard chrome.

As purple goes, that battle worn doesn't look bad, but i really like the grip reduction you did on it. Did you grind and fill that or heat and shape?
Superior work however done.

Regards,
Greg