PDA

View Full Version : slide stop question

Pender1
09-07-2010, 10:01 AM
The slide stop on my PM9 feels like the two parts are not connected very well, by that I mean the peg rotates freely in relation to the part on the side of the gun. The one on my PM45 is solid and doesn't rotate. My PM9 is considerably older, just wondering if that's how they were made or if it's just coming loose and if it's a safety concern. It doesn't wiggle around or anything, just turns. Sorry for the terrible descriptive terms.

Bawanna
09-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Seems to be normal. My K40 is a solid piece an early model. My PM45 the pin rotates in the lever freely. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

jlottmc
09-07-2010, 10:13 AM
I'd have to see it to be sure, but I think you'll be ok.

wyntrout
09-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Some are solid, one-piece and others are two-pieced like that. My P380 and the PM45 have two-piece slide stops and I'm not sure about the K9 and PM9, but I know that they can be either... and replacements can be either, also.

I'm sure tht the K9's is one piece. It had that cutout on the end of the pin.

Wynn:)

jocko
09-07-2010, 10:41 AM
The slide stop on my PM9 feels like the two parts are not connected very well, by that I mean the peg rotates freely in relation to the part on the side of the gun. The one on my PM45 is solid and doesn't rotate. My PM9 is considerably older, just wondering if that's how they were made or if it's just coming loose and if it's a safety concern. It doesn't wiggle around or anything, just turns. Sorry for the terrible descriptive terms.

of the impression that a k, and T series, P series and PM series kahrs are of forged steel slide stops and are of two peaces. I think the cw series line is of MIM contruction, which I have never read of either ever breaking. My PM9 slide stop the pin revolves and that is OK. I actually like the pin to turn freely, for IMO then only the magazine follower is pushing up the slide stop lever and not also turning the pin . Less follower pressure needed, I would think..

best thing to do is just shoot the gun like you stole it...

wyntrout
09-07-2010, 11:07 AM
My PM9 is one piece, but when Kahr sent me extras to try in the PM45, they were one-piece... and SS, so I returned those. I hope to get Boomer (essentially all-new) back soon, and Trijicon debited my CC, so I expect the K9 slide back anytime now??
I'm ready to blast some paper plates!
Wynn:D