PDA

View Full Version : Galloway CM9 trigger may be on the horizon

guido4198
11-20-2019, 03:28 AM
The following is meant as merely an FYI, not an endorsement since at the moment there's nothing to endorse:
I've been communicating with the good folks at Galloway Precision regarding the possibility of a short stroke trigger for the CM9.
They tell me they will be doing the install video this weekend and that the initial offering is 2-3 weeks out.
I'm very interested...looking forward to seeing what they have been able to do.

Planedude
11-20-2019, 05:44 AM
The following is meant as merely an FYI, not an endorsement since at the moment there's nothing to endorse:
I've been communicating with the good folks at Galloway Precision regarding the possibility of a short stroke trigger for the CM9.
They tell me they will be doing the install video this weekend and that the initial offering is 2-3 weeks out.
I'm very interested...looking forward to seeing what they have been able to do.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191120/8c3b9ed07d9a0bf949c42fb78981f41d.jpg

I will watch this post with interest as I am a fan of Galloway’s products. When my brother finally stopped carrying his NAA mini revolver in .22 mag and stepped up to the RM380 loaded with the mighty .380 acp round, I picked one up to play with.
The brown VZ grips were a Christmas gift from me, but his gun is otherwise bone stock.
Mine has everything Galloway had for the little Remington and I like the change. The laser might have been a bit over the top though.
I have also installed a Galloway “Sweet Pea” tigger in a friends Ruger LCP and his runs nice.

I’m not sure I would change out the trigger in my (new to me) PM9, I like a stock Kahr trigger a lot, but I will keep an open mind to the ideal.
I’ll also keep an eye on the Galloway website to watch for developments.

Thanks for the heads up and have a good one.

Peace

guido4198
12-03-2019, 11:08 AM
UPDATE:
I checked the Galloway Precision website this morning. They are offering a new product for Kahr pistols.
A flat face trigger with an adjustable set screw to limit over travel. An installation video is also up on the website. They are expecting to be offering a replacement sear shortly after the first of the year which should complete their “ short stroke” offering for my CM9. Anxious to give it a good look, do the install and wring it out on the range.
Disclaimer: I have no connection to Galloway. Just putting this out as an update on an option that is available.

DavidR
12-03-2019, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the update.

It’s not very confidence inspiring that the short stroke sear they designed doesn’t work.

King Rat
12-03-2019, 03:17 PM
The Kahr trigger is perfection for EDC IMO. I like Gallaway products for other guns, like recoil springs etc. But absolutely would not want to change the Kahr. I think Kahr knows they have a good one and got it right the first time.

gb6491
12-03-2019, 06:29 PM
I'm going to give it a look...just put my order in for one.:typing: