PDA

View Full Version : Are T series pistols out of production?

Arizona Gunner
04-02-2020, 01:59 PM
I see they are shown on the Kahr website, but I have searched high and low on the web and can’t find a single T series with the stainless frame for sale in any caliber.

Has Kahr given up on selling them and gone completely to polymer frames?

Bawanna
04-02-2020, 02:07 PM
Far as I know they are still in production but not many. I had to wait a long time to get mine. Never see them used hardly at least locally. I think they only run a batch now and then and apparently not frequently enough.
This is of course just speculation on my part, nothing solid to back it up with.
Worth searching and trying to find one though, great gun.

I_Like_Turtles
04-02-2020, 02:14 PM
Far as I know they are still in production but not many. I had to wait a long time to get mine. Never see them used hardly at least locally. I think they only run a batch now and then and apparently not frequently enough.
This is of course just speculation on my part, nothing solid to back it up with.
Worth searching and trying to find one though, great gun.

I haven't seen any on Gunbroker so clearly there aren't many out there.

I might would be into a stock K9 grip but 4" barrel and slide. However, once we get into a longer grip than a K9, that's where I start thinking "just carry the Hi Power or 1911."

ripley16
04-02-2020, 05:35 PM
A thread several years ago that correlated serial numbers and purchase dates concluded that Kahr only makes a hundred or so each year. A rare bird indeed.

gb6491
04-02-2020, 06:24 PM
There's a used T9 on gunbroker, ends 4/16/2020

I_Like_Turtles
04-02-2020, 06:47 PM
There's a used T9 on gunbroker, ends 4/16/2020

Found it! First one I've ever seen on there. Opening bid is $550.00, no box or spare mag. I do wish the K series had the angled front of slide like the T series does.

04-06-2020, 12:55 PM
I wonder if it's not worth just waiting. I seen one site that has them on backorder for $699. From what I seen online, they were going for $650 +/- new not too long ago. $550 + $35 is about $585 for a used one with only one mag, no box or paperwork. Plus, I doubt that the auction even ends at $550. A new one, when available in a couple of months, would come with three 8 round mags and a warranty.

Bird in the hand even though it's not really a good deal vs patience is a virtue and best things come to those who wait...

04-06-2020, 01:18 PM
Far as I know they are still in production but not many. I had to wait a long time to get mine.
Didn't you call Kahr and they helped you find one or something like that?

Bawanna
04-06-2020, 01:22 PM
Who's Jane? I did contact Kahr and waited for a production run. Kind of went direct more or less.

04-06-2020, 01:47 PM
Who's Jane? I did contact Kahr and waited for a production run. Kind of went direct more or less.

Auto correct changed Kahr to Jane... I might try that same route. Think I might go for the elite only because of the front checkering.

Bawanna
04-06-2020, 02:20 PM
I wasn't even aware the was an Elite T. Only seen one other than my own in real life. Just don't see them around here.
Whittled another set of grips, have photo's in a couple days I reckon.

04-06-2020, 03:26 PM
I wasn't even aware the was an Elite T. Only seen one other than my own in real life. Just don't see them around here.
Whittled another set of grips, have photo's in a couple days I reckon.
I didn't know about the Elite T until a couple of days ago when I saw it on Kahrs website. The only reason I want one is for the checked frame. I've been keeping my eye out for a T9, and of course when my tax refund comes in, they're no where to be found. Hopefully Kahr can help me track one down. I'll give them call tomorrow.

I'll be looking forward when pics of your grip.

Scott321
04-12-2020, 12:53 AM
I tracked down a new T40 by emailing Kahr customer service, asking about where to get one, then going to my FFL with a copy of the correspondence. They (FFL salesman) called back and forth for a half hour until they were able to track one down with Kahr's assistance. Luckily, the sales person at my FFL was one of the few that was willing to put in the work.

It might be easier with the T9 series... I don't know. When I asked about the T40 (before I emailed Kahr), my FFL said it could be 3 months or more... I don't think I would have ever gotten it if I relied on their normal ordering strategy. Additionally, I think they charged me $1 below MSRP when all was said and done. Personally, I agree that for most intents and purposes, considering the size and weight of the T series, it might be better to just grab a double stack alternative.

Although I'm glad I have my T40, and it's a great gun... I'd probably carry a 4" or 3.6" M2.0 in 40 for carry instead (I have the FS M2.0 40).

I_Like_Turtles
04-12-2020, 01:10 AM
If they made a the T9 slide on a K9 frame, I'd be more interested. Given the frame size, I'd just go for a 1911/Browning Hi Power.

Canine Dave
04-13-2020, 07:25 PM
If they made a the T9 slide on a K9 frame, I'd be more interested. Given the frame size, I'd just go for a 1911/Browning Hi Power.

I wonder if the folks over on the Hi Power forum are saying the same thing about the T9?

I don't see the T9 on Kahr's website. If there were enough interest here, I wonder if Kahr might consider a group buy from the forum members at a fair discount from msrp?

I_Like_Turtles
04-13-2020, 07:27 PM
That's an interesting idea...."group buy." Are you thinking T9 slide on K9 frame for group buy?

Arizona Gunner
04-14-2020, 09:00 PM
Heck, I’d go for a T9 slide on a T9 frame! And Canine Dave, they are on the site... gotta dig... look at “All Products”. Nice if they’d just make some.

ripley16
04-15-2020, 06:54 AM
I don't see the T9 on Kahr's website.

Look here for T9 info on Kahr's site.
https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/kahr-arms/pistols/t-series/

Bawanna
04-15-2020, 09:46 AM
I love that checkered front strap, really like that gripping surface up front.
I plan to do the rubbery skate board tape trick up front on mine. Have to get some, thought I had some but alas it's awol or gone.

Canine Dave
04-16-2020, 02:43 AM
Look here for T9 info on Kahr's site.
https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/kahr-arms/pistols/t-series/

I apoligize for missing that. I checked three times navigating from their home page. I mentioned the same thing to a friend here and he also set me straight and forwarded the link. Thank you.

I also requested from Bud's notification when they receive the next batch at $636. I don't think I'll hold my breath on that.

Sgt 127
04-25-2020, 11:01 AM
https://floridagunsupply.com/gun/kahr-t9-9mm-4-msts-ns-8rd/

Shows three in stock. If they really have three, they have cornered the world market!

MMyers1970
05-09-2020, 04:24 PM
https://floridagunsupply.com/gun/kahr-t9-9mm-4-msts-ns-8rd/

Shows three in stock. If they really have three, they have cornered the world market!

That has to be linking to a distributor. There's no way that little gun store has three T9s. I've been in there and he usually have very little inventory.

dannylikewingy
05-15-2020, 09:25 PM
There’s a handful of new ones on gunbroker right now at a decent price.

05-26-2020, 05:37 PM
Listed at almost $900 shipped, I can see how they still have three. If it was in the $700s, I'd bite.

MMyers1970
05-28-2020, 03:17 AM
Listed at almost $900 shipped, I can see how they still have three. If it was in the $700s, I'd bite.

There is no way Florida Gun Supply has three T9s in his store. Impossible. His store doesn't have much inventory, and FGS has been sued by distributors for non-payment.

I know FGS at one time was tied to Kahr---but they're a very suspect company.

Zeke38
06-02-2020, 09:29 AM
I agree, do like the idea of a K9 with a 4" barrel. CCO concept.

Red angus
12-19-2020, 03:13 PM
The 2019 catalog lists a T9 but not a T40

Canine Dave
02-18-2021, 07:12 AM
Just checked, Buds is still out of stock on the T9.

Bawanna
02-18-2021, 09:15 AM
Just like the MK's they don't make many. I had to wait a long time to get mine. The polymer guns are what everyone is after and hence they just don't pump out as many of the steel models.

Canine Dave
02-20-2021, 05:16 AM
Just like the MK's they don't make many. I had to wait a long time to get mine. The polymer guns are what everyone is after and hence they just don't pump out as many of the steel models.

I read that a few times over to try and make sense of it.

Everywhere the stock of T9's is zero, and per this thread it has been that way for a while. Used T9's prices are skyrocketing. If your comment was correct, I'd see a suplus of t9s in everyone's inventory (including Kahr Co) and used T9's would be hard to sell at give-away prices because nobody wants them. I've never seen that.

dustnchips
02-20-2021, 06:28 AM
When the demand is low and they keep the production low the price is supported by rarity.

Canine Dave
02-20-2021, 08:55 AM
When the demand is low and they keep the production low the price is supported by rarity.

That makes no sense either.

Kahr Co, I think, is in the business of selling guns. When I see "out of stock" notices all over I can't imagine demand is low. I think demand is high. And I like to believe Kahr Co would not manipulate the market as you suggest.

dustnchips
02-20-2021, 10:54 AM
Not manipulating the market, just producing what is demanded. There is probably a lot more profit in poly guns also. The goal of every company is to maximize profits and gun companies are no different.

Canine Dave
02-20-2021, 11:21 AM
Not manipulating the market, just producing what is demanded. There is probably a lot more profit in poly guns also. The goal of every company is to maximize profits and gun companies are no different.

Still confused.

What you said sounds like explotation to me. Kahr Co in my opinion would not do that to loyal customers, like all of us here on KahrTalk. Some (many) gun companies are public lyowned and traded. Their stockholders benefit from "maximized" profits. Kahr Co is privately owned.

Bawanna
02-20-2021, 11:48 AM
I got nothing solid to back this up with but I believe Kahr tries to feed the demand as best they can. Right now Tupperware is in, everybody wants light, small, carry it anywhere guns which is where Kahr excels in the market place.
They make the steel guns whenever they can to feed those of us who want/prefer them.
Sure, profit plays a roll, it has to in order to keep the doors open and employees on the line building what we love. But I don't think that's a major factor in the lack of T's or K's on the market.

dao
02-20-2021, 12:27 PM
Still confused.

What you said sounds like explotation to me. Kahr Co in my opinion would not do that to loyal customers, like all of us here on KahrTalk. Some (many) gun companies are public lyowned and traded. Their stockholders benefit from "maximized" profits. Kahr Co is privately owned.

That would likely be true Dave, but only IF Kahr knew who their customer were, AND whether or not those loyal customers would be likely to buy multiple guns, including newly produced guns. However, in the real world for those customers that do not register their guns with Kahr the company has no idea who is buying their guns or whether the buyers purchase multiple guns. And correct me if I'm wrong but you equate "loyal customers" to those that continue to buy Kahr pistols?

I have owned 11 Kahrs over the years but the only time I have contacted Kahr was back in 2003 when my Elite 2000 needed some refinishing to fix blems that it came with. That was my first Kahr. So they know nothing of my subsequent 10 purchases other than the amount of guns sold. They know numbers but have nothing, in my case, to associate brand loyalty to those additional 10 guns sold. Because of this they produce and market what they think will sell, and continue to do so for guns that actually do sell.

An example is the number of times on this board that many of us have wished for an all-metal .45. If Kahr follows this site then they know that there is a group of Kahr owners that would like to see such a gun produced, but they either don't perceive there being enough of us, or they recognize our "loyalty" but still choose not to. Personally I don't think they pay much if any attention to what goes on here, so they are simply unaware of our loyalty or our desires.

Canine Dave
02-20-2021, 01:16 PM
That would likely be true Dave, but only IF Kahr knew who their customer were, AND whether or not those loyal customers would be likely to buy multiple guns, including newly produced guns. However, in the real world for those customers that do not register their guns with Kahr the company has no idea who is buying their guns or whether the buyers purchase multiple guns. And correct me if I'm wrong but you equate "loyal customers" to those that continue to buy Kahr pistols?

I have owned 11 Kahrs over the years but the only time I have contacted Kahr was back in 2003 when my Elite 2000 needed some refinishing to fix blems that it came with. That was my first Kahr. So they know nothing of my subsequent 10 purchases other than the amount of guns sold. They know numbers but have nothing, in my case, to associate brand loyalty to those additional 10 guns sold. Because of this they produce and market what they think will sell, and continue to do so for guns that actually do sell.

An example is the number of times on this board that many of us have wished for an all-metal .45. If Kahr follows this site then they know that there is a group of Kahr owners that would like to see such a gun produced, but they either don't perceive there being enough of us, or they recognize our "loyalty" but still choose not to. Personally I don't think they pay much if any attention to what goes on here, so they are simply unaware of our loyalty or our desires.

Now that makes sense.

But isn't KahrTalk sponsered by Kahr Co?

Bawanna
02-20-2021, 01:25 PM
KahrTalk is not sponsored by Kahr Co if you mean financially. KahrTalk is supported and acknowledged by Kahr, if you look at their website you even see a link to our forum. I have it from a reliable insider that a K45 was once on the drawing board and could happen but it's probably a long ways off and may never happen.

Far as customer loyalty, Kahr can't know who's getting what as they must deal through distributors. They know the geographic areas they are going to and quantities etc but not much beyond that. I'm sure they base their production on product going out, demand as it were.

DavidR
02-20-2021, 03:51 PM

If we just had some common sense gun safety laws all them Kahrs would be registered and they’d know exactly who owned them.

[emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Canine Dave
02-20-2021, 06:52 PM
So, on my and Arizona Gunners behalf, is the Kahr T9 in or out of production?

I think that's only what I wanted to know.

dao
02-20-2021, 08:00 PM
Well, does the fact that they're still showing 3 different T9 models on their website count for anything?

Bawanna
02-20-2021, 09:17 PM
So, on my and Arizona Gunners behalf, is the Kahr T9 in or out of production?

I think that's only what I wanted to know.

It is indeed in production, at least it's not discontinued. I inquired about an MK and was told it might be a few months before they run another batch, I assume the same would be true on the T's.

Armybrat
02-21-2021, 10:45 AM
KahrTalk is not sponsored by Kahr Co if you mean financially. KahrTalk is supported and acknowledged by Kahr, if you look at their website you even see a link to our forum. I have it from a reliable insider that a K45 was once on the drawing board and could happen but it's probably a long ways off and may never happen.

Far as customer loyalty, Kahr can't know who's getting what as they must deal through distributors. They know the geographic areas they are going to and quantities etc but not much beyond that. I'm sure they base their production on product going out, demand as it were.
Well, I sure wish they’d send some PM9 Coverts down here to Texas.

Canine Dave
02-21-2021, 10:59 AM
Well, does the fact that they're still showing 3 different T9 models on their website count for anything?

Made me go look too. I dl'd their 2021 (seventh edition) catalog and it does indeed show the T9!

Should be at our dealer's showrooms soon, perhaps.

Bawanna
02-21-2021, 11:15 AM
Might be best to have your dealer look for one for you in the supply chain. Many dealers don't stock a lot of Kahrs, some don't even know about them. The dealers in my town weren't too familiar and had negative vibes about them until I semi turned them around. They still don't stock many but they do some.

Canine Dave
03-19-2021, 11:51 AM
What gun would you sell to be able to buy a T-9?

Scott321
03-21-2021, 12:22 AM
Well, I sure wish they’d send some PM9 Coverts down here to Texas.

Depending on how industrious your FFL is, you might contact Kahr, see if they can give suggestions to where your FFL can find a new one. I was able to convince someone at my FFL to track down a new T40 last year. I did, however, have my correspondence with Kahr printed out and in hand. The guy disappeared for about a half hour to make some phone calls to coordinate the effort, and a month later the T40 came in.