PDA

View Full Version : Sig P210 - Out of Stock?

dao
04-28-2020, 03:13 PM
I wonder if this is a placeholder, in anticipation of them getting a shipment?

https://shoot-straight.com/product/sig-sauer-p210-standard-9mm/

They also have P380's for $299 !

https://shoot-straight.com/product-category/firearms/handguns/?filter_brands=kahr-arms

Bawanna
04-28-2020, 03:53 PM
I just got home from visitation with my new P210 Target. It's gorgeous, nice dark rich looking grips and no flaws I could see. A couple weeks in the Washington Holding cell and then I can bring it home.
They had a standard there as well which was nice but it had a slight glitch with the safety, it sold between visits so I couldn't play with it this time.
This thing feels so incredible in hand, it's awesome. Similar to my Smith 41 22. Can't wait to bring it home.

dao
04-28-2020, 04:46 PM
Hey that's great Colonel!

I only had to wait 3 days for my FNX 45 whereas I only got to take my Guardian home after the 10 days elapsed without my LGS hearing from the Sheriff. The approval came in the next day. Of course this all depends on County. And workload at any give time. All that to say maybe you won't have to wait so long this time around.

I had no idea that Sig had already started shipping the P210!

Makes no sense to me that 1639 requires us to wait when a lot of us are legally carrying when we fill out the paperwork on a new gun....

I_Like_Turtles
04-28-2020, 05:18 PM
I am sorry you guys have to go through such a wait. A few years ago the WVCDL (West Virginia Citizens Defense League) championed the law that did away with background checks for CCW license holders. I seem to recall WV having a waiting period for handguns in the early to mid 1990's but that has long been repealed.

We need some pics guys! Get on it!

dao
04-28-2020, 05:28 PM
Until recently I've always been able to go in to my LGS buy a gun and walk out with it. Our Leftist Gov. and Legislature did away with that. Now we have to wait.

Bawanna
04-28-2020, 05:45 PM
Yeah we used to have instant check but the Feds decided that they would no longer do it for us.
This is one of the things I did when I worked at the PD, the gun shops loved me because I would often times have the back ground checks done and the approval faxed back within the hour.

We never had to wait if we had a CPL but like you say they did away with that. Used to be our Police Chiefs could sign off on anybody even out of their jurisdiction for a CPL, they took that away too. Fortunately my address shows the city I worked for, but I lived outside the city in the county so technically I have to go to the county but the state don't check that close so my chief said lets try it and see if it flies. It does. Another coworker tried it but his address was a neighboring city, his didn't fly.

The 210 Target has been shipping all along, I assume your talking about the new 210 Carry which apparently is replacing the 210 Standard.

I'm totally jazzed about my Target, waiting an awful long time and have a ways to go, our county is notoriously slow and probably even slower now with all the pandemic. Legally they only have 10 days regardless but we'll see how that goes too.

dao
04-28-2020, 05:59 PM
I didn't realize that the Standard was not the Carry until you said that. And I'm glad because I thought the Standard's barrel was too long for carry, for me anyway.

Yeah that "up to 10 business days" in 1639 was what had elapsed when I was waiting on my DW. On day 10 I went in and picked it up, along with a copy of 1639 just in case there was a question. There wasn't.

I'm looking forward to a range report on your Target. And how you like the Trigger. I have a P229 Legion with the SAO trigger and it's very nice.

Bawanna
04-28-2020, 06:39 PM
Without shooting I can tell the trigger is very very nice. Now the gosh durn wait begins. A gal that used to work at another gun shop in town now works where I got the Sig, unlike the others there that forget to call or don't recognize impatience, she knows me and says she has my back.

She'd often call and tell me my gun is in, they'll log it in and I can pick it up in the morning, I'd tell her start logging I'll be there in 15 minutes and did that several times. Don't stand between bawanna and his new toys.

dao
04-28-2020, 07:06 PM
From what I heard during Shot Show the trigger on the Carry is supposed to be every bit as nice. I still love Berettas and HK, and Sig DA/SA guns but I wonder if I would have ever gone in their direction if I had stayed with SAO and the 1911 manual of arms way back when.

I hope that you find yourself very busy between now and when the call comes in so that the time flies by. It seems you've waited a long time already.

Bawanna
04-28-2020, 07:55 PM
A very long time indeed. Greg knows, he's provided solace and crying towels and of course tormented the hell out of me with photo's of his not one but two Sig 210's.
The trick is to try and forget about it so when the call comes it's a surprise.......yeah right, like that's gonna happen.

Perhaps liberal doses of Scotch on a regular schedule could help. I might try that.

dao
04-28-2020, 09:33 PM
Well...it probably couldn't hurt :)