PDA

View Full Version : Great deal on Ammunition (Ammo Deals)

KahrP380owner
03-14-2021, 08:00 PM
Lucky Gunner [Disclaimer: LG is used only as an example], now has available, for the FIRST TIME EVER, a special deal for you. Yep, this is only for you! Shhh...don't tell anyone, ok? Here is just one example of the incredible pricing that is now making the Lucky Gunner, LUCKIER THAN EVER.

You can get a box of 20 rounds, that's right! Not a box of 10 but a full box of 20 rounds in .380 caliber for....drumroll please....$45.00 plus $15.30 shipping = $60.30. That's ONLY $3.00/round. Thank you Lucky [substitute any ammo seller], your the best.

Want a special deal on 9mm? Yes, it's a little more expensive per round to purchase and a little more expensive to ship, but hey...your not Lucky.
[Disclaimer: Maybe your not, not Lucky. Keep reading].

Go ahead and load up those .380 mags at the range and fire away! Every bang you hear is the sound of $3.00 leaving your pocket. Now, 20 rounds is going to go pretty fast and after all you just paid for an hour of range time, right?

No worries, just go ahead and pop open another full box of 20 rounds and reload your mags. Empty again? Still have 50 minutes left on your hour of range time? I was wrong about you, you are Lucky!

[Yep, another Disclaimer: This was written for entertainment purposes only. I have no axe to grind with Lucky, nor have I ever done any business with his company. There are many reasons for the high cost of ammo and most are probably somewhat responsible, but every business who is involved in getting the bullet into your gun will have a positive change to their profit/loss statement in 2020 and 2021, while you may be struggling and without ammo.

Cheers,
Billy

Armybrat
03-14-2021, 08:24 PM
Obviously meant to be fired only through this weapon....

zamboni
03-14-2021, 08:52 PM
“ when it’s cheap, stack it deep”. Current prices don’t bother me one bit, except tempting me to sell some of mine. I do feel sorry for the ones buying their first guns now though.

getsome
03-14-2021, 09:06 PM
Hello Kahr380owner and welcome to the forum.....We all feel the pain of the current ammo shortage.....I haven’t been to the range in well over a year and a half because I don’t want to waste the ammo that I have just for fun.....This has happened before and will again.....In 2008 when Obama was elected there was an ammo crunch and the shelves were empty for a while and again in 2012 when Sandy Hook happened you couldn’t find .22 anywhere....It sucks but you can work around it but it requires buying a non popular caliber gun.....I noticed that during the Obama ammo shortage when everything was gone you could always find .40 S&W for some reason so I bought a CW 40 which I still have...Now I visit my LGS every Saturday to see if some magic supply of ammo might have come in but usually nothing, except they always have a good supply of .327 Federal mag and H&R .32 mag because I guess nobody wants a .32 revolver anymore but even though both are over 40 bucks a box for good carry ammo, hey at least they have plenty of it so I picked up a Ruger LCR .327 mag revolver for a decent price and I walked away with a nice pocket piece and two boxes of ammo for 7 bills.....Sometimes you have to think out of the box, 5 years ago if you asked me would you ever consider a .32 revolver I’d have said heck no but things have changed and I’m kinda liking this little thing with 6 shots of near .357 mag energy, this just might be the answer in an ammo crunch SHTF end of day thing because any .32 ammo you find .32 short .32 S&W .32 Colt and even .32 acp will fire in this thing without moon clips.....I’m good with it even though it’s butt ugly but at least there is ammo available at an almost reasonable price....

KahrP380owner
03-14-2021, 10:57 PM
Sumovabtch....if I could get just some .380 and get on with breaking in my new P380. Went to the range two days ago and bought their cheap range ammo. Box of 50 for $60. Shot it quick, paid for my hour at went home and cleaned it. Geez!

KahrP380owner
03-14-2021, 10:59 PM
Ha! I just sold a Mauser .32 1941 that looks pretty close to that one, 'cept for the gold.

guido4198
03-15-2021, 03:17 AM
Heh...heh..heh...people USED to laugh when I told'em I reload for my .380. Been doing it for years.
I'm still shooting my little Ruger LCP as much as I want and haven't put much of a dent in my supply that currently fills a couple of 3-lb coffee cans.
Turns out there's a LOT of them little suckers in a can that big..!!

Canine Dave
03-15-2021, 09:24 AM
Heh...heh..heh...people USED to laugh when I told'em I reload for my .380. Been doing it for years.
I'm still shooting my little Ruger LCP as much as I want and haven't put much of a dent in my supply that currently fills a couple of 3-lb coffee cans.
Turns out there's a LOT of them little suckers in a can that big..!!

You expect us to believe that you reload 380? Next you'll say you cast your own boolits, too, I suppose.

What do you take us for?

340pd
03-15-2021, 12:53 PM
A couple of years ago I found a closeout on 100gr. 380 FMJ's. Something like 4¢/ea. I am still loading that caliber for well under $5/box.

I posted in another thread that a LGS just outside the Twin Cities area had lot's of 9mm at $20/box last weekend.

dustnchips
03-15-2021, 01:41 PM
I usually go to the local gun show in Port Charlotte Fl while I'm down here for the winter. I'm skipping it this year because there won't be any reasonable ammo and I can't buy a gun since I'm out of state.

guido4198
03-16-2021, 02:52 AM
LOL..! I was going to mention casting my own bullets for the .380 as well, but thought some folks might see it as "rubbing it in"..!!

jodyisaacs
03-17-2021, 10:03 AM
I usually go to the local gun show in Port Charlotte Fl while I'm down here for the winter. I'm skipping it this year because there won't be any reasonable ammo and I can't buy a gun since I'm out of state.You might want to reconsider. I bought 300rds of 38sp and 250 rds of 380 for $1 per from an individual last weekend at a gun show. He had the best prices in the building. The ammo wasn't for me, but a friend was low on those 2 calibers, and both he and his wife carry them. If he COULD find the ammo, it was $1.30 or more each, plus shipping. I know... prices are ridiculous... but if you need it, you need it. Look around for individuals that bought it cheap, and are ready to part with it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

dustnchips
03-17-2021, 11:43 AM
I'll wait a while before I pay a buck a round. I still have a thousand or so of what I shoot. With rationing that will last me a while.

Bawanna
03-17-2021, 12:15 PM
Ditto here. Guess if I was out it would be a different sad story but I got plenty to get by.

Would like to find some bullets and powder to knock the dust off the reloader but I'm still ok.

Canine Dave
03-17-2021, 01:15 PM
Ditto here. Guess if I was out it would be a different sad story but I got plenty to get by.

Would like to find some bullets and powder to knock the dust off the reloader but I'm still ok.

Primers seem to be the gating item for me. I'm ok for awhile, tho.

340pd
03-17-2021, 01:41 PM
You might want to reconsider. I bought 300rds of 38sp and 250 rds of 380 for $1 per from an individual last weekend at a gun show. He had the best prices in the building. The ammo wasn't for me, but a friend was low on those 2 calibers, and both he and his wife carry them. If he COULD find the ammo, it was $1.30 or more each, plus shipping. I know... prices are ridiculous... but if you need it, you need it. Look around for individuals that bought it cheap, and are ready to part with it.

Wow! Then I just loaded $500 worth of 9mm on a single stage press.

BTW, I just got a text from a co-worker that there was a limited amount of AE 9mm on the floor at a LGS near me at $20/bx/50.
Plus Federal Syntech at $21.95/bx/50

17533 17534

Ken L
03-17-2021, 03:19 PM
Just got an email from Brownells. 500 rounds of PMC 40 S&W 180 grain plus a Streamlight TLR1 for $449.

King Rat
03-17-2021, 05:40 PM
Received a email from Grab A Gun for St. Paddy's day sale!!!!!!!!!!

CCI Ammunition Blazer Brass Bulk 9mm FMJ 115-Grain Ammo 1000-Rounds Case

$899.99

Hot damn, I feel like singing!

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bWyhj7siEY

DavidR
03-17-2021, 06:34 PM
Received a email from Grab A Gun for St. Paddy's day sale!!!!!!!!!!

CCI Ammunition Blazer Brass Bulk 9mm FMJ 115-Grain Ammo 1000-Rounds Case

$899.99

Hot damn, I feel like singing!

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bWyhj7siEY

When do you expect it to arrive? [emoji16]

getsome
03-17-2021, 07:10 PM
Looked at an online site here local that I have purchased from before which is a new startup outfit and once had pretty good prices called www.Deadcrowdefense.com They had almost no ammo available but we’re selling .223 in 20 round boxes for, get this $47.85 guess I won’t be shooting the AR for a while.....

jodyisaacs
03-17-2021, 07:14 PM
I'll wait a while before I pay a buck a round. I still have a thousand or so of what I shoot. With rationing that will last me a while.Same here, but my friend was fairly desperate, apparently. I'm only low on a couple calibers that I hardly shoot, and never carry.

King Rat
03-17-2021, 07:22 PM
When do you expect it to arrive? [emoji16]

After I re-finance my house.

Ken L
03-18-2021, 03:31 PM
Just picked up 500 CCI large pistol primers for $4.99/100 at Cabelas. So there are primers out there it seems.

340pd
03-21-2021, 05:55 PM
One of my LGS got in two pallets of AE 124gr. 9mm, something well over 3000 boxes. Five days and they are down to 1250 left on the floor. At $19.95/box they should move fast.
Nice to see.

Armybrat
03-22-2021, 07:56 AM
While still high, it is relatively reasonable compared to most online & gun show prices.

Bawanna
03-22-2021, 09:43 AM
Yup compared to around here that's almost a gift price. The local Coastal still has it for around 16 bucks but rarely any put out on the shelf. I don't know why they hold it back unless they use it to get folks to come in and hopefully buy other stuff.

King Rat
03-22-2021, 09:59 AM
One of my LGS got in two pallets of AE 124gr. 9mm, something well over 3000 boxes. Five days and they are down to 1250 left on the floor. At $19.95/box they should move fast.
Nice to see.

It seems odd that in 5 days at that price that they already did not sell out. 3,000 boxes? That is only 150 cases. But then again, that is $400 per case plus taxes. Still better than my LGS. The largest supplier has the same price as the price I mentioned below from Grabagun. $899.00 per case. BUT!!!!!!! Ya get one of their back packs for FREE!

DavidR
03-22-2021, 11:02 AM
It seems odd that in 5 days at that price that they already did not sell out. 3,000 boxes? That is only 150 cases. But then again, that is $400 per case plus taxes. Still better than my LGS. The largest supplier has the same price as the price I mentioned below from Grabagun. $899.00 per case. BUT!!!!!!! Ya get one of their back packs for FREE!

I agree. I’d snap up a case immediately if I were there.

340pd
03-22-2021, 11:27 AM
I agree. I’d snap up a case immediately if I were there.
Two box limit but you could bring in all the friends you could gather from the parking lot.

340pd
03-24-2021, 07:46 AM
I think my LGS just gave in and sold whatever quantity a customer wanted. Over 300 boxes sold yesterday to clean the shelves.

tokuno
03-24-2021, 08:29 AM
One of my LGS got in two pallets of AE 124gr. 9mm, something well over 3000 boxes. At $19.95/box they should move fast.

Hope this is a harbinger of more ammo to come, but ugh - two years ago I bought 3 cases of AE 9mm at $6.40/box. Hard to wrap my head (and wallet) around the new reality. I feel like I've become my Dad, "49-9/10 for a gallon of regular?! That's outrageous!"

King Rat
03-24-2021, 09:46 AM
Hope this is a harbinger of more ammo to come, but ugh - two years ago I bought 3 cases of AE 9mm at $6.40/box. Hard to wrap my head (and wallet) around the new reality. I feel like I've become my Dad, "49-9/10 for a gallon of regular?! That's outrageous!"

We are price conditioning ourselves. We keep seeing the so called "Sales" and buying into it. With three more years of Biden, BLM, violence brought in from the Border Crisis etc, You can only imagine what the standard price of ammo will be. The Libs will use any shooting tragedies as they are now, and using the Victims as nothing more than Political objects to gain more power for their Marxist cause. There Shame has no limits.

DavidR
03-24-2021, 01:32 PM
For most people, if you’re going to shoot, eventually you’re going to buy.

getsome
03-24-2021, 01:55 PM
President Bubble Head has already said he’s going to use Executive Orders to ban assault rifles and high capacity magazines so we won’t be needing so much ammo anymore......I guessing that’s why the 10 foot razor wire fence and 20 thousand troops are still there.....

King Rat
03-24-2021, 03:50 PM
For most people, if you’re going to shoot, eventually you’re going to buy.

Who is shooting? I have been stockpiling for years. Nice stash. But I have not shot a center fire gun since last March. Saving it for the ugly future that is about to rain down on us. Ammo is going to be up there in price from here on out. And most likely be double the Prices now. I will not pay the prices now and will not in the future. Yea, it sucks but no one said life is fair. My suggestion is to hang on to what you have.

DavidR
03-24-2021, 04:51 PM
Who is shooting? I have been stockpiling for years. Nice stash. But I have not shot a center fire gun since last March. Saving it for the ugly future that is about to rain down on us. Ammo is going to be up there in price from here on out. And most likely be double the Prices now. I will not pay the prices now and will not in the future. Yea, it sucks but no one said life is fair. My suggestion is to hang on to what you have.

I shoot and I replace what I shoot.

340pd
03-25-2021, 10:22 AM

Exactly. People tell me they will stop shooting and bury their guns they fail to understand that is precisely what many anti-gunners want. I have found that the practice of cost averaging to be beneficial. I reload but still make regular trips through some of my LGS, and each and every one of them has had ammo available with 22 and 9mm being the most prevalent and .38sp being the most scarce. The most expensive usually comes through internet sales.

SlowBurn
03-27-2021, 05:38 AM
Who is shooting? I have been stockpiling for years. Nice stash. But I have not shot a center fire gun since last March. ...

Do you find shooting 22s is adequate to keep your skills up? Personally if I don’t get to the range regularly, my ability especially with pocket guns deteriorates significantly. Currently I limit myself to 5-7 (6 round) mags per session. Just enough.

berettabone
03-27-2021, 06:42 AM
Shooting .22's does help keep up your trigger skills somewhat, but without any recoil, IMHO it doesn't help overall unless you carry the .22. Practice with what you carry..........................................

340pd
03-28-2021, 07:53 PM
Over the weekend one of my LGS had 9mm @ $19.95, 40 @ $25, 45acp @$28.95, CCI 22lr, @ $9.95/100 and 38sp @$28.95

Two box of each limit.

dustnchips
03-29-2021, 08:26 AM
Sounds like he is honest and fair.

DavidR
03-29-2021, 09:09 AM
Makes you wonder how much of the retail price increases have been caused by wholesale price increases.

Bawanna
03-29-2021, 09:20 AM
Makes you wonder how much of the retail price increases have been caused by wholesale price increases.

Really do wonder but my prediction is not much increase on the wholesale end. Some shops are still half way reasonable and others are just robbing the shooting public which is not a good business plan to me. Those shops need shooters and cutting back on their feed financially isn't gonna help them.

King Rat
03-29-2021, 07:43 PM
Shooting .22's does help keep up your trigger skills somewhat, but without any recoil, IMHO it doesn't help overall unless you carry the .22. Practice with what you carry..........................................

I have no problem 22.cals and recoil is not a issue at all. Recoil is just IMO going off target and coming back on. I train a lot with a LCR22 and it is a great tool especially since I own a LCR9mm. Keep the DAO skills up. I can shoot a lot more ammo than a 9mm especially now. You seem to forge that you have more to train than just recoil. Trigger control, and most especially point and shoot skills. A 22. can is a fantastic trainer for eye reflexes, memory/muscle. I also shoot a lot of air guns. The last shortage I trained and practiced with Air guns 3-4 times a week and actually came back shooting better than I have ever done. Transitioning to a gun with more recoil does not take long to get back into. And who can afford to shoot a lot of center fire now?
The DAO Walther is a great rifle barrel Pellet gun, used a lot in Europe for Iron Plate Competition.

A couple of my air pistols. I own about 15. https://i.imgur.com/x9WdG7O.jpg https://i.imgur.com/S47TB6v.jpg?1

This little Phoenix HPA 22.cal has been a great tool for practice. In fact much better shooter than the New LCPll I bought. Much better trigger and sights, more accurate.
.https://i.imgur.com/RzYOtua.jpg?1

LCP and LCR22cal

https://i.imgur.com/3tmEwDH.jpg?2

King Rat
03-29-2021, 07:48 PM

You must not shoot very much. And to replace a box of ammo where I live in non existent. And cost is around $50.00. Heck, shoot 4 boxes of ammo which is a standard range day would cost $200.00. Sorry, I will stick with 22.cals and Air Pistols. Yes, I conserve my 9mm,380,357 and 38. But I am shooting frequently.

340pd
03-30-2021, 06:40 AM
Worker at my LGS that had a lot of 9mm on their shelf at $19.99/bx told me their current cost was just over $12.00