PDA

View Full Version : Scam alert for Ranier Gun Store/raniersec.com

wyntrout
06-13-2021, 03:38 PM
I did a search for .380 ammo and raniersec.com popped up. Hornady Critical Defense FTX at $15-something a box and free shipping when I put in an order for 10 boxes.

FORTUNATELY, they don't take credit/debit cards... only Bitcoin or Vanilla Gift Cards. Warning bells! So I did a quick search about their being legit. All I saw were complaints and accusations of fraud... no merchandise shipped. This store is "located" in Anchorage, Alaska, but there appears to be no such address.
https://www.raniersec.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/raniersec.png

Buyer beware! If it sounds too good to be true, it's probably not!

Wynn

zamboni
06-13-2021, 08:23 PM
Why are you lumping Ranier arms with raniersec.com? They are different businesses located in different states. To my knowledge ranier arms is a legit business. I have never heard of raniersec and as of right now I can’t even get their website to load.

wyntrout
06-13-2021, 09:33 PM
Maybe you are referring to Rainier Arms in Washington State. I changed my reference from RANIER ARMS to Ranier Gun Store.

https://www.raniersec.com

zamboni
06-14-2021, 12:36 PM
I apologize. I didn’t catch the spelling difference in the two names. I did think you were referring to the legit business rainier arms, not just this scam raniersec site. Thanks for the heads up.🍺🍺

340pd
06-14-2021, 12:49 PM
Summed up, why would anyone do any business with a company that would not take a credit card but would take Bitcoin?

wyntrout
06-14-2021, 01:14 PM
That and the "gift cards" only. The price was like pre-shortage for the ammo and that had me wondering if legit, too.

No problem about the good site. I adjusted my title a bit.

Checking for scams online can sure save you from some bad deals. :)

yqtszhj
06-14-2021, 03:11 PM
Talk about bad deals online, I’ve met some people with crazy stories about online bride/groom deals. Seems some silly people give them credit card numbers too.

:faint2: :banplease:

JohnBoy
06-14-2021, 04:33 PM
Evening all. JUST signed up and I'm trying to learn the navigation system. How do I start a post on here? Thanks in advance !

getsome
06-14-2021, 05:33 PM
Hi JohnBoy and welcome to Kahrtalk….To post a new thread just sign on, once signed in select Forum then select the category thread you want to make a post in and just above the thread list is “Post new thread” in red…..so sign on and post away….You have to post 30 times to be able to post a picture…..Again welcome, nice folks hang out here so tell us about yourself and what you like to shoot….

BirdsThaWord
06-14-2021, 05:53 PM
Good looking out wyntrout! I stumbled across that same site a few weeks back. The prices raised my suspicions before I got far enough to see no credit cards, and a quick search came up with the same complaints, etc as you mentioned.

Scott321
06-15-2021, 01:24 AM
Questions about this business pop up on different firearm forums over the last few years.

Although I have no experience with them, it seems like most of the comments were that those that actually tried did not get what they ordered if anything. IIRC, one post said it was a woman out of Canada running a scam operation. I don't know if it's true though.

Canine Dave
06-15-2021, 03:57 AM
Questions about this business pop up on different firearm forums over the last few years.

Although I have no experience with them, it seems like most of the comments were that those that actually tried did not get what they ordered if anything. IIRC, one post said it was a woman out of Canada running a scam operation. I don't know if it's true though.

Certainly can't be true. Canadians (nor women!) behave that way. Or do they.

King Rat
06-21-2021, 09:03 AM
Ironically saw this website the other day when looking for a Covert. Man this damn place just screamed of Super Scam. Lol, they do not take credit cards but will take gift cards. Amazing that they can exist on the net. But Hey! they sure had a great low price!