PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Dusty Hill

getsome
07-30-2021, 12:18 PM
Dusty Hill, original bassist for the 3 member rock group ZZ Top passed away at the age of 72………He will be missed by many

dao
07-30-2021, 02:54 PM
Sad news

yqtszhj
07-30-2021, 04:28 PM
Tribute to the bass player.

https://youtu.be/Gg9cNGHl-bg

jeepster09
07-30-2021, 05:49 PM
Not many bands left like them..

getsome
07-30-2021, 06:52 PM
You’re right Jeep, the best concert ever for me was ZZ Top in the old now demolished Atlanta Omni about 1975 or so…..I think my hearing was destroyed that night but it was worth it, once they started playing, they never let off the gas with song after song with no break in between…..I had never heard a live concert that was louder and more kick a$$ than that awesome performance…….I still wonder how they got that much music magic out of one lead guitar with Billy Gibbons, Dusty on base and Frank Beard on drums….Hard to figure where the music has gone and that 50 years ago there were so many great bands……….My grown children love the old school rock & roll that I now realize just how lucky I was to grow up with and took for granted at the time like The Rolling Stones, Beach Boys, Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Who, AC/DC, The Kinks, The Zombies and on and on……..Rock & Roll died and I wonder where it went………Just damn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wRHBLwpASw

djd100
07-30-2021, 08:16 PM
RIP Dusty, one of the greats!

dao
07-31-2021, 10:10 AM
You’re right Jeep, the best concert ever for me was ZZ Top in the old now demolished Atlanta Omni about 1975 or so…..I think my hearing was destroyed that night but it was worth it, once they started playing, they never let off the gas with song after song with no break in between…..I had never heard a live concert that was louder and more kick a$$ than that awesome performance…….I still wonder how they got that much music magic out of one lead guitar with Billy Gibbons, Dusty on base and Frank Beard on drums….Hard to figure where the music has gone and that 50 years ago there were so many great bands……….My grown children love the old school rock & roll that I now realize just how lucky I was to grow up with and took for granted at the time like The Rolling Stones, Beach Boys, Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Who, AC/DC, The Kinks, The Zombies and on and on……..Rock & Roll died and I wonder where it went………Just damn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wRHBLwpASw

I saw them about the same time. I think just after they released Fandango. My all time favorite of theirs though is La Grange. Lot of energy for a 3 person band. In everything they did. We're getting old fellas.

getsome
07-31-2021, 12:47 PM
I saw them about the same time. I think just after they released Fandango. My all time favorite of theirs though is La Grange. Lot of energy for a 3 person band. In everything they did. We're getting old fellas.

Yep but you’re never too old to Rock and Roll…….

AJBert
07-31-2021, 04:22 PM
I imagine Dusty is easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac and has a fine fox in front, and three more in the back.

First time I saw them was at the Texas Moon Palace in the late '70s in Amarillo, second time was in Norfolk in the early '80s.

The '80s and MTV killed rock and roll, IMO. Mindless idiots watch the TV only for the videos and didn't have a clue the music (for the most part) sucked.

getsome
07-31-2021, 06:10 PM
While we all must cross over the river when our time comes, thank God the music will always live on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae829mFAGGE

thinman
07-31-2021, 07:35 PM
I don't always listen to ZZ Top but when I do, the neighbors do, too. RIP Dusty Hill

jodyisaacs
08-10-2021, 10:13 AM
RIP Dusty. Great band. My only issue was when Billy Gibbons kicked Benton Blount off his tour when he learned of his political leanings. That should have NOTHING to do with music. Plus, Benton is a great dude, in general. Hated to see that happen to him when he was trying to get his career rolling.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Armybrat
08-12-2021, 05:27 PM
ZZ Top concert at Texas Memorial Stadium in Austin 1974. The 80,000 fans didn’t do the artificial turf much good.

Bawanna
08-12-2021, 05:44 PM
Holy moly, standing room only. I'd be in a nut farm in that kind of crowd.

SeanESean
08-18-2021, 07:33 AM
ZZTop never got old! RIP!