PDA

View Full Version : DPX Ballistic tests

Dietrich
10-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Do any of you have any results of ballistic gel tests for the 9mm Corbon DPX round ? 115,124 or 147 grain. Standard pressure or +P. I now carry either Golden Saber or Gold Dots in 124 grain +P but I can always use a third option.

lv2tinker
10-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Here is a link with good ballistics information. It might be of help. Best Choices for Self Defense Ammo (http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/index.htm)

luka
10-24-2009, 04:13 PM
Gander Mountain is charging $49.00 dollars a Box for it.

Has anyone Fired it?:7:

Dietrich
10-25-2009, 06:19 AM
Gander Mountain has been overcharging for ammunition for quite some time. Consequently,they have lost me as a customer,not only for ammo,but for everything. I don`t intend to patronize any establishment that price gouges and I urge others to make that decision as well. If a company feels it neccesary to take advantage of its` customers,the customers should do what they can to drive the company out of business.

bladerunner747
10-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Gander Mountain has been overcharging for ammunition for quite some time. Consequently,they have lost me as a customer,not only for ammo,but for everything. I don`t intend to patronize any establishment that price gouges and I urge others to make that decision as well. If a company feels it neccesary to take advantage of its` customers,the customers should do what they can to drive the company out of business.

+1. I second the motion. Besides you can dig around for better prices through the internet.

schultzie
11-05-2009, 07:25 AM
I just received an order of 9mm 115 gr. DPX yesterday. They are rather impessive looking, sporting the largest hollow point cavity I have ever seen in a 9mm. If you pocket carry your spare mag(s) you may want to make sure that thinks like pocket lint, your car keys, or your wallet (which will be quite thin after purchasing the DPX) are not hiding inside the bullet:p.

I just purchased a MK9 two weeks ago and deccided that it was time to upgrade my social 9mm ammunition. After doing alot of research, I reluctantly settled on the 115 gr. DPX. Some of the best information I found was in the "Test Bed" section of Evan Marshall's site. On other sites, the only negative comments I found (aside from price) was one report of a pistol not liking it. "Test Bed" had tests of the DPX going through two layers of 16ga steel plate and still performing admirably in ballistic gelatin. The 9mm Barnes projectile seems to be unaffected byvelocity differences (long vs. short barrel) and intermediate barriers or lack therof. The consistancy seems too good to be true.

I plan on running some through the Mk9 and two of my Sigs this weekend. At $1.58 per round, disappointment could come quite easily.

Good Luck,
Richard

500KV
11-05-2009, 09:36 AM
I'm just asking here, not recommending, but do these prices seem to be in line?
If I buy 9mm, which I don't very often; I reload a lot,
I usually buy WWB at W.W.
I've shot quite a bit of Wolf ammo in various calibers and found it to be fine for range use.
These prices include delivery and there would be no sales tax which is good in my case (~10%).
Just wonderin'.

AMMOMAN.COM (http://www.ammoman.com/index.htm)

ltxi
11-05-2009, 06:21 PM
I'm just asking here, not recommending, but do these prices seem to be in line?
If I buy 9mm, which I don't very often; I reload a lot,
I usually buy WWB at W.W.
I've shot quite a bit of Wolf ammo in various calibers and found it to be fine for range use.
These prices include delivery and there would be no sales tax which is good in my case (~10%).
Just wonderin'.

AMMOMAN.COM (http://www.ammoman.com/index.htm)

Eric....ammoman....is highly reliable, ships fast, and is almost always the cheapest, at least in common handgun calibers, for whatever stuff he has in stock. My preferred source....followed by ammunitiontogo.

500KV
11-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Eric....ammoman....is highly reliable, ships fast, and is almost always the cheapest, at least in common handgun calibers, for whatever stuff he has in stock. My preferred source....followed by ammunitiontogo.

Another good source lt. Looks like he also has a better selection than ammoman.

jocko
12-16-2009, 09:52 AM
I buy my dpx direct from corbon.com I have some 9mm dpx coming intoday tha tI ordered 8 weeks ago, damn near forgot about it even. Screw Gander mt on thier ammo prices. People shold go to jail over those prices IMO. just terrible and they claiam to be the sportsman headquarters?????

Not for me, that is for sure.