PDA

View Full Version : sight pusher for kahr?

hedgehog
09-14-2010, 07:19 PM
does anyone make one? if not how can i change my sights?

Dogman
09-15-2010, 03:49 AM
I have a "UNI-200L" sight pusher that I've used to change the sights on my PM9 and Glocks. They sale for $150.00 or so.

hedgehog
09-15-2010, 08:57 AM
cool. after posting yesterday I found a UNI 500 L and i think im gonna get that.

aray
09-18-2010, 04:41 PM
Mind if I ask where you bought it? I'm thinking about getting night sights on my CW9 and would like to zero it in for me once it comes back.

Thanks.

mr surveyor
09-18-2010, 06:16 PM
I sent my slide to Kahr for installation and the sights came back perfect POI at POA-no adjustment needed. And, I didn't risk breaking a tritium tube at my own expense. Just my experience.

surv

Bawanna
09-18-2010, 07:51 PM
For the price of a good sight pusher you could send 2 or 3 slides someplace for sight installation. A fine tuning adjustment can be accomplished with a decent punch and a small hammer. I think most sights installed by mfg's and sight companys come back pretty much on the money anyhow.
Since sight pushers are fairly gun specific most will usually only use it once and then it takes up space in your tool drawer.

gb6491
09-18-2010, 08:25 PM
I have a pusher similar to this one: B & J MACHINE : P500 UNIVERSAL SIGHT TOOL - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools (http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=17840/Product/P500_UNIVERSAL_SIGHT_TOOL)

To my mind, it has paid for itself several times over.
I use it to install/remove sights on a variety of firearms: for sight replacement or refinishing.
It sees quite a bit of use for sight adjustment.
A pusher is almost mandatory for night sight installation and adjustment.
I like being able to do the work myself. I've seen examples of sights installed by manufacturers and gunsmiths that have damage to the sides of the sights (there have been some examples posted on these forums). I'm not saying I'm more skilled than they are, but I can take the time to do it right and have more personal interest in seeing it done so. If I do mess it up, I can go bang my head on the wall; there's been more than a few times I've wanted to do that to someone who has worked on something for me.
Speaking of banging on things, I do have a good selection of brass/steel punches and a variety of hammers to fall back on should the pusher not be up to the task (some Commie stuff can be very stubborn). Here' a helpful hint when using brass punches: a little pencil lead applied to the target piece will help prevent leaving brass residue on it.
Regards,
Greg