PDA

View Full Version : First range time - PM9 (July 2009 production)

wagon
10-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Took my newly acquired PM9 out to the range today for the 1st time, it surely can shoot better than I can :D

I'm close to 200 rounds mark but decided to call it a day and complete the break-in next week.

I shot 4 brands of FMJ today: Winchester 115, Brazer (aluminum) 115, PMC 124, HSM 124. Except for a single incident that the slide remained open when there were still 3 rounds in the mag (happened with PMC, soon after the 36th round thru the pipe), otherwise it was smooth sailing, no FTF, no light strike, no stove pipe. I cannot be happier on the accuracy dept, it is accurate right out of the box.. all those outside of the back is operator error, I can out them back in the black as soon as I re-concentrate :o

The only improvement I need to pursue is to save my pinky.. I do NOT have a large hand already, but my pinky tends to position at the bottom-rear of the 6 rounder ... it starting to hurt after 8~10 ma, I also felt the pinch by the gap between the grip and the mag. Shooting the 7 rounder is whole lot more comfy, but it sure looks ugly. I like the idea to retrofit the k9 baseplate which surely make the PM9 looks more "complete", but I may first give the Pearce extension a try.

All in all, I enjoy today's range time, it is very good in the accuracy department, it is the MOST comfortable to carry (among all those I have and have had owned), I am also very pleased that my piece functions very reliably, and I feel confident that it will.

Be safe!

jocko
10-11-2009, 03:02 AM
nice report and any more just so typical of kahrs to. More rounds down range and it will get even smoother. as far as that slide locking open with 3 rounds in the magazine. Only two things can cause that.

#1. Your thumb accidentely hit the slide lock lever engaging it.
#2. Quite possably one of those rounds bullets was hitting the inside of the slide lock lever engaging it. My bet it was ur thumb as it never happened again. Something to watch though it if persists, take the slide off and insert a loaded magazine and see if that top rounds touchs and trys to engage the slide lock lever. If it does, call kahr and get a new slide lock lever.Some rounds /bullets are more critical in that area for touching.

My Para carry had to have 3 slide lock lever replaced before it got right. It is uncommon with kahrs but I have seen it happen.

Cappy
10-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Took my newly acquired PM9 out to the range today for the 1st time, it surely can shoot better than I can :D

I'm close to 200 rounds mark but decided to call it a day and complete the break-in next week.

I shot 4 brands of FMJ today: Winchester 115, Brazer (aluminum) 115, PMC 124, HSM 124. Except for a single incident that the slide remained open when there were still 3 rounds in the mag (happened with PMC, soon after the 36th round thru the pipe), otherwise it was smooth sailing, no FTF, no light strike, no stove pipe. I cannot be happier on the accuracy dept, it is accurate right out of the box.. all those outside of the back is operator error, I can out them back in the black as soon as I re-concentrate :o

The only improvement I need to pursue is to save my pinky.. I do NOT have a large hand already, but my pinky tends to position at the bottom-rear of the 6 rounder ... it starting to hurt after 8~10 ma, I also felt the pinch by the gap between the grip and the mag. Shooting the 7 rounder is whole lot more comfy, but it sure looks ugly. I like the idea to retrofit the k9 baseplate which surely make the PM9 looks more "complete", but I may first give the Pearce extension a try.

All in all, I enjoy today's range time, it is very good in the accuracy department, it is the MOST comfortable to carry (among all those I have and have had owned), I am also very pleased that my piece functions very reliably, and I feel confident that it will.

Be safe!

Nice job with describing your range results. As far as your pinky issue, I tend to curl mine under the clip so the clip rests on it. Seems to work for me and my hand size. ;)