PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever had your trigger fail to reset while firing your Kahr?

RogerP9fan
09-16-2010, 07:31 PM
I'm just curious if this has happened to anyone else too. While firing my P9, the trigger failed to reset. It didn't go click, there was no misfire or light strike, no jam. The trigger just simply did not reset. I do not hold the trigger all the way back upon firing and then slowly release it to find the reset point.
As was said by another member, the Kahr trigger reset is abnormally long, just about back to the trigger's original position. That's why he will not carry one.
Anyone else? Or am I the only one to have ever experienced this while shooting a Kahr?

ripley16
09-17-2010, 05:58 AM
I'm just curious if this has happened to anyone else too. That has never happened to any of the eight Kahrs I've owned. I have read about this happening, but honestly, I have a hard time visualizing exactly how it happens short of a part breakage. The Kahr trigger seems almost too simple to fail. Do you have an idea as to what happened?

As was said by another member, the Kahr trigger reset is abnormally long
Triggers vary in different makes of firearms. I have some other pistols that reset after a very short travel and some that don't. Kahr triggers are revolver like, in that they travel almost the full stroke. I'm not sure why one trigger type over the other qualifies or disqualifies a gun for carry. Regardless of the trigger, I can't aim faster than I can pull a trigger, so to me at least, the reset question is moot. Besides, I can still "spray" a lot of rounds pretty fast, even with a long revolver like reset.

bayoutrigger
09-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Spraying rounds will do no good. Eyes, aorta or lucky spine shot otherwise bad guy will just keep coming at you. Also spraying shots may kill that child on the other side of the parking lot.

RogerP9fan
09-17-2010, 10:49 PM
Yes, but when the trigger fails to reset at all, that's a problem, wouldn't you agree? I don't know how or why it happens. Kahr pistols vary on their trigger reset? That doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. Is that why many people have commented it's hit or miss with Kahr? You may get a winner with no issues or you may get a lemon.

Jeremiah/Az
09-17-2010, 11:00 PM
There were a couple of times in the first 50 shots of my then new PM9 that it seemed my trigger did not reset. What had happened was that it had not completely gone into battery. It has never happened again.

ripley16
09-18-2010, 06:06 AM
Yes, but when the trigger fails to reset at all, that's a problem, wouldn't you agree? I don't know how or why it happens. Kahr pistols vary on their trigger reset? That doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. Is that why many people have commented it's hit or miss with Kahr? You may get a winner with no issues or you may get a lemon.

My apologies for a poorly worded post. I editted it to make it more clear, I hope. I didn't mean to say the Kahr triggers vary, they don't. :o

kramm
09-18-2010, 08:16 AM
The only time I've had the trigger fail to reset it was my fault. Wearing gloves and I didn't relase it enough to reset. I kind of look at the long travel to reset as a kind of safety feature.:rolleyes:

gb6491
09-18-2010, 01:06 PM
I've never had a reset problem with my CW45. In regards to the reset length, I don't find it to be abnormally long (I shoot a lot of double action with revolvers). That said, it probably wouldn't be my first choice if I was playing games where they time your speed to the extent that you know what it is between shots.
Regards,
Greg.