PDA

View Full Version : Old Model 51 Remington .380

Armybrat
01-29-2022, 10:00 AM
Inherited this pistol that belonged to my wife’s grandfather (a prominent builder in Taylor, Texas) who carried it almost daily starting 100 years ago. He passed away in 1962. It still has the original box with papers & cleaning tool, but the box has completely fallen into pieces.
It has only one original magazine, so in March of last year I ordered two repro mags from Triple K in San Diego. They advised me it would be on back order for 6 months.
Lo & behold, their supplier finally came through and they arrived today! Can’t wait to try them out. The followers do have a different contour, so we’ll see if that affects feeding. They insert in the magwell a bit stiffly, but that should smooth out with use & cleaning.
(original magazine on the left in top photo)

Does anyone know who could put the box back together & restore it properly?

Armybrat
01-29-2022, 10:03 AM
The new followers are flat..

Bawanna
01-29-2022, 10:33 AM
Dang it Army, you have the coolest toys and neatest inheritances. How sweet she is.

What is the box made of? Maybe wood back in the day?

You can sure see the quality difference between the old days original and the repro's. And with the technology we have now days. Kind of sad but I hope they work like eggs through a hen for ya. Cool toy to play with.