PDA

View Full Version : Ammo

berettabone
02-26-2022, 07:42 AM
If anyone is still looking for ammo, I got sent a notice from True Shot Gun Club. Some ammo for sale and it seems semi reasonable prices.

jeepster09
02-26-2022, 07:47 AM
Seems readily available now in most places. Maybe things will change with what's going on over seas and gas prices.

Armybrat
02-26-2022, 07:56 PM
Bud’s Guns is still selling Russian ammo.
Maybe we should take up a collection to buy some and send it to Zelensky’s Ukraine army so they can express mail it back to the Russian invaders.

getsome
02-26-2022, 09:20 PM
Amen to that, I have so much respect for President Zelensky who is showing himself to be a real bad ass leader who is willing to fight to the death for his country…….I only wish America had such leadership now…….I received my Ukraine truck antenna flag today and will fly it until Ukraine forces the bastards out……..If you want a Ukraine flag or any other type of flag for anything go to flagco.com, great Georgia company for anything flag related, front yard flag pole, lighting or whatever you need they got it, nice folks to buy from, great customer service………I pray for the people of Ukraine and respect their patriotism for their homeland……….

jeepster09
02-27-2022, 02:54 PM
WOW....I have been reading Vince Flynn's book RED WAR written in 2018 and it seems to be the blueprint on what is happening in Ukraine right now. Good book great read!

https://kronosananthsimha.com/red-war-kyle-mills-vince-flynn-book-review/

Armybrat
03-02-2022, 10:07 AM
Putin’s military.... seems like they suck.

Longitude Zero
03-02-2022, 03:22 PM
In my area I cannot find 357Mag, 41Mag, nor 44Masg. The last time I could the price ranged from$1.75 to $3.00 PER ROUND.

getsome
03-02-2022, 08:00 PM
Last gun show I went to was June 2021 and there was a guy selling all kinds of ammo in very old, like 1960’s boxes of rifle ammo for ridiculous prices but I saw one 50 round box of 9mm Hornady Critical Defense non +p ammo and asked the price and he said $90.00 so I quickly put it back and said thank you sir, have a nice day……..I’m going to an Eastman gun show this Saturday and will report my findings, hopefully the Covid scare has worn off the crazy super high prices of everything but if I spy a SA-35 hi-power I might need to be restrained from reaching for the almighty plastic……It’s only money, right?

Bawanna
03-02-2022, 08:23 PM
We also have a local gun show this weekend. I love to look around at them, usually don't come home with any prizes but once in awhile I get lucky. I still have an SA35 on order but no clue when / if it will ever arrive.
Got major flooding between here and town so have to drive around but I can handle it.

Ken L
03-03-2022, 09:13 AM
We also have a local gun show this weekend. I love to look around at them, usually don't come home with any prizes but once in awhile I get lucky. I still have an SA35 on order but no clue when / if it will ever arrive.
Got major flooding between here and town so have to drive around but I can handle it.

Sportsman's Warehouse showed that they had SA-35s in stock when I checked on Tuesday. Was going to order one today, and of course they're all gone. Should have just gone for it when I saw it. Live and learn.

I have my name in there, Brownells and Midway. Eventually one will come available!

Bawanna
03-03-2022, 09:56 AM
Sportsmans Warehouse here showed them at 999 or something like that. My FFL quoted me 665 out the door tax included. I can wait. Probably never happen but they have to catch up one of these days.
The guys that paid 1500 to 2000 dollars for one at first really wanted one badly.

Ken L
03-03-2022, 01:02 PM
My Sportsman's shows them for $679. I wouldn't pay $1000 for one.

Speaking of that, there are a couple other P-35 clones out there now. Saw that FN has re-introduced the Hi Power, and also one from EAA. Both are more $$ than Springfield and don't seem to be near the gun that Springfield has.

Bawanna
03-03-2022, 01:28 PM
My Sportsman's shows them for $679. I wouldn't pay $1000 for one.

Speaking of that, there are a couple other P-35 clones out there now. Saw that FN has re-introduced the Hi Power, and also one from EAA. Both are more $$ than Springfield and don't seem to be near the gun that Springfield has.

I heard that also, I think the EAA incorporated a rail on their frame. A friend tried to stir me up when he said FN was bringing them out again but I'm still totally content getting the Springfield.

I'll have to check again, if Sportsman has them for 679, I'd probably go for that. I could live with that nicely.

Armybrat
03-04-2022, 02:40 PM
Found a box of old .410 at the bottom of the closet.

dustnchips
03-05-2022, 08:21 AM
n Arizona ammunitions company this week announced that it will send one million bullets to Ukraine following calls from Ukranian President Volodymyr Zelensky for more ammunition.
https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AAUEcAA.img?w=645&h=363&m=6 (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/us-ammunitions-company-to-send-1m-bullets-to-ukraine/ar-AAUEjl6?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&fullscreen=true#image=1)© The HillUS ammunitions company to send 1M bullets to Ukraine

The company, AMMO, Inc., said that it will send the bullets without requesting payment in return, according to a local Fox News station. (https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/russia-ukraine-war-scottsdale-ammo-company-to-send-1m-bullets-to-ukrainian-soldiers)
"First of all, I believe in the Second Amendment. I also believe in freedom and democracy," AMMO, Inc.'s CEO, Fred Wagenhals, told Fox 10 Phoenix.
Wagenhals previously built his fortune through NASCAR and later made the switch to producing guns, ammunition and other components of the weapons, the news outle

jeepster09
03-05-2022, 08:46 AM
5 days ago I was at local Fleet Farm and they had thousands of rounds or 556 and yesterday it was all gone.

getsome
03-05-2022, 10:59 AM
Went to the Eastman gun show this morning and there was plenty of ammo but still pretty high and while not as bad as last summer it still ain’t cheap…..I was disappointed in the lack of vendors and handguns but there were lots of S&W M&P and Shield 9 and 40 cal and a fair amount of Glocks in all flavors but not much else……I wanted to check out a SA-35 hi-power and a Walter PDP but none to be found……There was one table with a Kel tec Sub-2000 in 9mm they were asking $489.00 for which was talking to me but I left it for someone else……I really want a Sub-2000 and glad they are still available at a reasonable price…….Not much else to see, lots of AR’s loaded down with cheap China optic crap……It was nice not to see anyone wearing a mask so maybe by summer things will be back to normal and supply will be better…….

Bawanna
03-05-2022, 12:50 PM
Probably won't see an SA-35 at a gunshow any time soon at least not at any kind of decent price. Just not out there yet.

I did find a Ruger 41mag 4 5/8'' barrel exactly what I been looking for but it was like 800 plus. Probably not a bad deal but way more than they should be. Guess I'm getting cheap in my declining years.

getsome
03-05-2022, 01:02 PM
It’s only money……I’ve been sorry many more times for the things I didn’t buy when I had the chance than for the things I did…….

Bawanna
03-05-2022, 01:40 PM
Me too, I'm sorry all the time. Show goes again tomorrow, might go back. I'll tell the missus you said it was ok.

Armybrat
03-05-2022, 01:52 PM
Probably won't see an SA-35 at a gunshow any time soon at least not at any kind of decent price. Just not out there yet.

I did find a Ruger 41mag 4 5/8'' barrel exactly what I been looking for but it was like 800 plus. Probably not a bad deal but way more than they should be. Guess I'm getting cheap in my declining years.
I certainly hope that 4 5/8” barrel had the rest of the gun with it.

Bawanna
03-05-2022, 02:31 PM
I certainly hope that 4 5/8” barrel had the rest of the gun with it.

Oh yeah, it was a matched set. If we didn't have this stupid waiting period I probably would have brought it home.

getsome
03-05-2022, 05:19 PM
Me too, I'm sorry all the time. Show goes again tomorrow, might go back. I'll tell the missus you said it was ok.

Tell her it is not only ok but necessary…….Inflation is out of control now, I do the grocery shopping for our family and see first hand what’s happening…….For example, two weeks ago at the same store a can of Hormel Chili was $1.89 which I thought was high but today that same can of Chili is $3.29 which is crazy……I took an empty LP gas can with me to exchange on the way home but two places were out and said they are having trouble getting new deliveries…….The last store had LP gas but was charging $42.00 for exchange, in November I paid $26.00………While there I looked at the pump price for gasoline, $4.19 for regular $4.79 for mid grade and $5.19 for premium…..Two months ago it was $2.29 for regular…….With the way prices for everything is going up guns, ammo and powder may be the new currency……

Bawanna
03-05-2022, 06:19 PM
My wife used to always do the LP Exchange thing. I finally trained her not to do that any more. Go to a place that will refill your tank.
I have a large tank for the shop propane heater and it's like 25 bucks to fill, still too high, higher than it was and it might be more now, haven't filled it lately. Hopefully by next winter I'll have a pellet stove in there to eliminate the moisture and cost of propane.
Just remember it's a great life if you don't weaken. It'll be a better life when the Republicans take over again.

BirdsThaWord
03-05-2022, 07:36 PM
I'm afeared of just how bad it will be by the time Republicans get back into the drivers seat, if they ever do with the cheating stuff. The debt will be so high that we'll need to be taxed for taking a dump. Plus, I've learned that a lot of Republicans are Republicans in title only, running back room deals and good ol boy networks that drives up the prices of various stuffs too. I hope to hit it big in the lottery. Not sure that even that would equal the good life in a few years though. It's a sad state all around. I try not to think of this stuff too much as it is maddening.

King Rat
03-06-2022, 06:40 AM
I already see a shortage coming our way. Regardless prices for ammo will go sky high just like everything else. Look at the carnage that Brandon has done in just one single year. I truly do not believe we will even recognize America by the time he leaves office or Kawala takes the helm. Not sure we will even make it another year. The inflation which is higher than any time in 47 years is going to get much worse very soon. The Bill from hundreds of thousands of Illegal Immigrants into the Country to include Terrorist has not even come due yet. Putin saw a great weakness and just wait until Iran, North Korea and China make their move.

https://i.imgur.com/Qt7Zf1A.png

340pd
03-06-2022, 11:14 AM
Our local Wally world has Federal Automatch 325 rds @ $21.00. I bought a box yesterday for no particular reason as I am well stocked. I agree, our range customers cannot find revolver rounds of any caliber and 9mm is going for somewhere between $17-$22/bx. I am so grateful I took seriously a couple decades back, a primer/powder shortage. I am almost ready to open a case of 5000 SP primers that I paid $75 for in the mid nineties.
With the cost of freight and copper and lead skyrocketing, I see no decreases in the future. One of our range customers is an employee at Federal and millions of 22lr come out of there every day but their costs are way up and freight ain't going down anytime soon.

wyntrout
03-06-2022, 11:43 AM
I was only low on one thing... 7.62x51mm for my PA-10. I finally broke down and bought some FMJ by Saltech from PSA. I got 560 rounds of 150-gr BTFMJ... brass cased and boxer-primed with standard projectiles... non-magnetic. It came in a new, sealed 50-cal ammo can for $399 + tax + $33 shipping, or $465 or so... about 83¢ a round delivered. If I ever get back to the range, I have more ammo that I can shoot there. It's from a military overrun and Swiss made.

The ammo was up to $449 a few days ago, + tax and shipping, so I saved a little.

SUOMI69
03-07-2022, 12:53 PM
Nice Kipling quote big fan. And I agree that the Russians don't seem that good at this. Not on their side but some thing seems amiss.

jose Dorman
04-23-2022, 04:21 AM
The cheap Ammo (https://www.cheapammos.com) website is created with a vision to provide the best cheap ammo deals listing on a dedicated page just for special cheap ammo deals.