PDA

View Full Version : FMK Firearms

JohnR
08-14-2022, 05:51 PM
I didn’t know these existed till today. My quest for the ideal 9mm has been frustrating, as I don’t like striker fired triggers, and all the DAO or DA/SA 9mm guns are large discontinued models with notable exceptions like the Beretta 92. I love revolver and Kahr triggers, so here I am.

FMK makes guns in Kalifornia, so they’re American made on a technicality, LOL. Their only handgun comes with either a striker or a 7# DAO trigger. And they’re affordable enough to gamble on one. They’re supposedly Glock 19 clones, but with better ergonomics.

Anyone hear good, bad, indifferent about them?

https://fmkfirearms.com/

zamboni
08-14-2022, 07:34 PM
No first hand experience, but I have not heard good things. With firearms you generally get what you pay for. I am guessing your quest for the ideal 9mm does not end with a $250 gun.

have you tried a HK with lem trigger?

JohnR
08-14-2022, 07:44 PM
Not the LEM, but I do like HKs and have been tempted many times.

berettabone
08-15-2022, 05:53 AM
My HK P2SK is going to the crematory with me. I'd purchase another one in a minute. I wouldn't mind a P30SK or maybe a VP model, but they only come in 9mm. (the P30 compact) HK offers many trigger options. My P2SK is a V3 trigger, DA/SA, decocker button out of the way on the butt end. Ambi slide release and Ambi mag release. I have mine set up with .45 model oversize mag release and Big Dot sights. It has some take up, and then a "wall". Single action is light with a short reset, and they have a HAMMER. They can be pricey but from what I see out there, not that much more than other manufacturers. I'd like to own a USP model, but they are a bit thick in the grip dept. for me. I have smaller hands with long fingers and the compact models fit well. The P30 has one of the nicest grip feels I've experienced. Nice pieces of machinery they are....................

dao
08-15-2022, 08:07 AM
My P30SK has become my goto carry as often as not.

yqtszhj
08-15-2022, 09:01 AM
I’d like to try the LEM trigger. My P30 and P30SK both have the V3 trigger also.

I need to find a nice THIN holster for the SK. Maybe I’ll look around today.

berettabone
08-15-2022, 11:35 AM
For my SK, I use either a OWB kydex, or a Yaqui style slide holster. I like minimal with lots of purchase. I like DA/SA the best, but that V1 Lite Lem trigger is very nice. :(

Bawanna
08-15-2022, 12:23 PM
FIST makes a very thin kydex holster, not sure if they make for your model. I'd check out Garrett myself. I love that leather lining. Kydex is like washing your car with a wire brush.

JohnR
08-17-2022, 02:09 PM
Bad reviews online about FMK, sounds worse than Taurus. Or some models of Kahr...

I could just get a Glock 19. But I feel all slimy just writing that.

yqtszhj
08-17-2022, 05:14 PM
Bad reviews online about FMK, sounds worse than Taurus. Or some models of Kahr...

I could just get a Glock 19. But I feel all slimy just writing that.

Get you a used gen 3, grind off the finger grooves, stipple the grip, and get about 10 mags and get a case of 9mm to burn through. That’s what I did a few years ago and it shoots pretty good, and I don’t worry if something happens to it.

JohnR
08-17-2022, 05:28 PM
A Gen 3 is what I’d get, but I’d leave the grip alone.

kenemoore
08-18-2022, 04:28 AM
I got a Gen-3 in a trade many years ago, finger grooves never fit my fingers. My fingers are too large. So...never shot it much.
A friend ground down the grooves, and stippled it, plus undercut the finger guard. I added new fiber optic sights and a metal guide rod. $25.00 trigger job.
I shot it for the first time in a long time, last week. It's not too bad. Better than I remembered.

I was surprised at how small it seemed, I might have to buy a holster and carry it, once in a while.

JohnR
08-18-2022, 06:12 AM
I had a 21 and a 36 with the finger grooves. I was ok with that and the texture.

Bawanna
08-18-2022, 08:22 AM
I still have my 21. All our dept guns made a trip to Robar for the texture treatment. Make them really nice. Too big for my tiny hands but makes a great night stand gun.
I found some truck bed liner that I applied to some of the personal Glocks of the officers, it worked real well and some preferred it over the Robar. It was more flexible and kind of rubbery I guess.

mr surveyor
08-18-2022, 05:59 PM
I've never heard of FMK firearms .... Ford Motor Kompany?

I know that I won't be experimenting with any "affordable" off brand firearms again. No plans for me to waste a bunch of near unicorn exiting reloading components to try to turn a pig's ear into a silk purse

I'm too old (and broke) to play that game

jd

JohnR
08-18-2022, 07:12 PM
a voice whispers, “high point…”

Planedude
08-18-2022, 08:18 PM
a voice whispers, “hi-point…”

Now that is funny!

We love to hate them, but they will shoot... and hammer a nail when you need to.

Reminds of an acquaintance I had when I was younger who drove a Yugo. He always swore he loved the little pumpkin colored POS, so one day I asked him why? So many of our circle of friends made loud, obnoxious cat calls when they saw him in it. He said "yes, I do hear the noise as I drive by all those guys... but I do DRIVE by them..."

Peace

kenemoore
08-19-2022, 05:38 AM
I saw a photo once, where a building maintenance guy, had painted up a high point to look like a cordless drill, had it hanging from his tool belt, no one the wiser.

I also read a few articles on line about the high points, seems the magazines are the cause of most failures, get a good mag and the run okay.

When I took my conceal carry training, the instructor called out a list of firearms not allowed, high point was on the list, along with Raven and some others.

yqtszhj
08-19-2022, 07:48 AM
I saw a photo once, where a building maintenance guy, had painted up a high point to look like a cordless drill, had it hanging from his tool belt, no one the wiser.

that’s pretty slick. I like that.

JohnR
08-19-2022, 08:38 AM
Did he have one of those high capacity assault nailguns?

berettabone
08-19-2022, 09:09 AM
He definitely had a spare hammer.