PDA

View Full Version : Whiteout?

berettabone
12-28-2022, 02:01 PM
I know my eyes are going, but does anybody else besides me have trouble reading the posts against the white background?

JohnR
12-28-2022, 02:32 PM
Seems the same as other forums.

sorcerer
12-28-2022, 05:31 PM
You can turn down the brightness on your phone or computer.

getsome
12-28-2022, 09:44 PM
I’m 65 and had double cataract surgery last July and ever since then I’ve had extreme sensitivity to light and driving at night is very painful with the newer cars having super bright LED projector beam headlights on low beam but with all the jerks who insist on keeping them on retina melting high beam just because they can and don’t have a care in the world about other drivers since they have an Acura and own the road makes getting home a challenge and something I dread every night………I’ve had to resort to wearing a baseball cap at work because the office lights which didn’t bother me before now seem like I’m looking at the sun all day trying to read my computer screen…….Getting old sucks and losing eyesight and hearing is just part of the package I guess but I’m starting to regret getting cataract surgery because the benefits just aren’t there for me……..Oh well, so it goes I guess, do the best with what we have left to work with and be happy we’re still alive…..

O'Dell
12-28-2022, 11:27 PM
As JohnR said - same as most forums. no problem.

kenemoore
12-29-2022, 04:43 AM
I have a pair of 'scription Amber glasses, that I originally got for hunting. But find they help when driving at night. The amber lenses knock the sharpness of the bright lights down a hair or two, and the amber does not reduce your ability to see in the reduced lighting.

getsome
12-29-2022, 01:02 PM
Thanks, I picked up a pair at CVS today and will try um out driving home tonight.......As far as the forum goes it looks the same as always to me, no change.......

JohnR
12-30-2022, 11:36 AM
Hopefully your eye doc can fix it. Cataract surgery isn’t supposed to cause that. After mine, I get some minor halos occasionally, but nothing I haven’t learned to mentally block out.

Bawanna
12-30-2022, 01:50 PM
You can go to settings on your computer and adjust the brightness, there's also a night mode that might help. I thought there was a place to adjust the background, maybe even a different color but can't figure that out at the moment.

JohnR
12-30-2022, 03:31 PM
the forum colors are adjustable, but it’s a PITA to do it.