PDA

View Full Version : Problems accessing this site with Brave Browser

SlowBurn
06-21-2023, 02:50 PM
I prefer to the Brave browser to Chrome or Edge. However, recently this forum does not display properly on Brave, and the website appears to be "unsafe". I don't have issues with other websites, including other gun forums.
I accessed KahrTalk using the Edge browser and it works fine. That's what I'm using to post this.
I tried clearing the cache in my Brave browser but the problem persists. This makes me believe its not me, and there may be some compatibility issue between Kahrtalk.com and Brave.

JohnR
06-21-2023, 04:13 PM
I was going to post the same thing. Same issue with Brave.

dao
06-21-2023, 05:32 PM
Learn something new everyday. That's my hope. Today I learned that there's a browser called Brave. Interesting.

Back in my days when I was designing web pages it was very time consuming, and sometimes frustrating having to account for just Microsoft and Netscape (the predecessor to Mozilla), which were the only two mainstream browsers out there that were running on PC's (ie non-Mac). I don't imagine it's much easier these days, even though the world is on HTML 5 rather than 4, given that there are now so many more browsers that need to be accounted for when designing.
Something different about this site is that it is not one of those owned by the big conglomerate that owns and operates many, many of the others. And the software used here is not new, or even newer. It likely pre-dates Bravo by a lot and that may be why it's not as compatible as many of the others.

JohnR
06-21-2023, 06:14 PM
It worked fine with Brave for a long time, then pfffft. Either Brave or Kahrtalk updated to something incompatible.

That big Canuk conglomerate forums have feen freezing up on my iPhone using Safari lately. Similar timing to the Kahrtalk/Brave glitch.

berettabone
06-22-2023, 07:19 AM
It's one reason why I never post pics. Computer always tells me it's an unsafe site.

gb6491
06-22-2023, 10:44 PM
I prefer to the Brave browser to Chrome or Edge. However, recently this forum does not display properly on Brave, and the website appears to be "unsafe". I don't have issues with other websites, including other gun forums.
I accessed KahrTalk using the Edge browser and it works fine. That's what I'm using to post this.
I tried clearing the cache in my Brave browser but the problem persists. This makes me believe its not me, and there may be some compatibility issue between Kahrtalk.com and Brave.
This worked for me:
paste brave://settings/content/insecureContent into Brave's address bar and enter
add https://www.kahrtalk.com to Allowed to show insecure content

SlowBurn
06-30-2023, 12:52 PM
This worked for me:
paste brave://settings/content/insecureContent into Brave's address bar and enter
add https://www.kahrtalk.com to Allowed to show insecure content

That works. Thanks. You have to do it again at each computer where you're running Brave.