PDA

View Full Version : kahr service response times

bugs
08-16-2023, 04:20 PM
does anyone have experience with a priority 5 level response time ? my CM 9 died in the middle of a IDPA match july 15 th. , (no trigger reset) I dropped it off at my LGS that day , who preferred to send it to kahr . it took kahr 11 days to send a return# and shipping label ; is that amount of time normal ? I contacted kahr service dept. via email , and they had just received the pistol that very day (aug.15th.) and assigned repairs at a level 5 priority , anyone know how long that is? besides being my competition gun it's my EDC and I miss it greatly ! my G 26 is filling in but I feel lopsided wearing it.

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELIEVER

King Rat
08-16-2023, 04:50 PM
Seems like your LGS dropped the ball on you. You should have contacted Kahr by phone and most likely would have received in most cases a return label within a hour. It seems that most manufacturers do no do well with emails. Call directly.

FreeMe
08-16-2023, 05:09 PM
No surprise that manufacturers don't do well with email. I don't respond quickly to email either, what with wading through all the junk.

No idea what priority 5 means. Maybe call and ask?

Bawanna
08-16-2023, 06:18 PM
I actually prefer emails when contacting service from anybody. That way they have time to formulate an honest response. A phone call, you're putting them on the spot and they may just give an answer they may not be able to complete.

I've never heard of a priority 5 response. I know they do move Law Enforcement to the head of the line when possible but not sure that's even official.

King Rat
08-16-2023, 07:31 PM
"priority 5 response" Response "1" fast through phone call. Priority "5" Get mail and will respond after all the phone calls, hopfully.

Like "Double Secret Probation"

bugs
09-08-2023, 01:23 PM
does anyone have experience with a priority 5 level response time ? my CM 9 died in the middle of a IDPA match july 15 th. , (no trigger reset) I dropped it off at my LGS that day , who preferred to send it to kahr . it took kahr 11 days to send a return# and shipping label ; is that amount of time normal ? I contacted kahr service dept. via email , and they had just received the pistol that very day (aug.15th.) and assigned repairs at a level 5 priority , anyone know how long that is? besides being my competition gun it's my EDC and I miss it greatly ! my G 26 is filling in but I feel lopsided wearing it.NRA LIFERIDPA BELIEVER

my 12 yr. old (many,many,many, rounds down range) CM 9 EDC/competition , returned today from Kahr ; repaired under warranty bless them!

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELIEVER

topgun1953
09-10-2023, 07:43 PM
Well, that certainly took a while. Glad you got it back. Inquiring minds want to know. What did they do to it?

FreeMe
09-11-2023, 09:13 PM
Three weeks ain't bad. Or am I reading the calendar wrong?

bugs
09-12-2023, 05:08 PM
"action taken: magazines: 1mk 720 , mine) replaced broken cocking cam spring; function checked ok , test fired ok , (1 full mag of pmc bronze 124 gr. fmj) "_ 15 ; it even shipped with a nice plastic foam fitted box.

at the risk of blowback from the upper balcony , there are between 10,000 and 11,000 rounds fired on the ORIGIONAL recoil spring and it is still locking and ejecting with vigor and a stiff cocker . I'll run it as is for my EDC/ bug gun until the spring shows weaknesses . they don't call me BUGS for nothing !

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELIEVER

DJK11
09-13-2023, 05:51 AM
WOW the cocking cam spring brakes before the recoil wears. But then nothing wrong with ejecting with vigor and still being a stiff cocker. For many it’s just a fleeting memory.

bugs
09-13-2023, 08:24 AM
I don't know if the recoil pulse would make a difference , but I exclusively shoot whatever brand of 115 gr. ball is on sale (no steel case) for matches , and 115 gr. critical defense for EDC , because the POA/POI for the two are nearly identical for me at IDPA ranges (3'/75') while using TFO sights.

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELIEVER

topgun1953
09-20-2023, 06:36 PM
Thank you. I had a cocking cam spring break on my CM45. It was a pain to replace but I got it done. :amflag: