PDA

View Full Version : Site lost it's GUI in Chrome and Edge

kenemoore
09-19-2023, 05:19 AM
The site shows up as text, like something from the late 80's, in Chrome and Edge. Windows 11.

I downloaded the Duck Duck Go browser and it looks normal, any idea what changed in Chrome?

SlowBurn
09-19-2023, 06:45 AM
Looks fine in Edge on my screen. Try purging the cache in Edge and in Chrome.

dao
09-19-2023, 08:18 AM
Mine's ok in Firefox.

jeepster09
09-29-2023, 10:31 AM
Mine is fine with chrome.

kenemoore
10-01-2023, 05:41 AM
Started working again this morning, IDK.

Bawanna
10-01-2023, 10:40 AM
Out of curiosity, what is a GUI? I don't get out much.

Tailwheel
10-01-2023, 03:00 PM
GUI graphical user interface. The site was likely displaying text only, no borders, images etc. I didn’t experience the issue on chrome myself.

Bawanna
10-01-2023, 04:47 PM
Funny, I can't see images on another forum, always could before, others see them. Poster isn't doing anything different. Maybe my GUI deal is broken too. Also been told that some sites think I'm a robot and block or ban me, haven't figured that one out neither. These computers, can't live with em, can't live without em.

getsome
10-01-2023, 09:42 PM
I’m very confused with anything related to computer talk like, it’s really easy dad, all you have to do is take a picture of the url with your smart phone then upload the picture to the cloud and then you can download it to your browser favorites file in your smart watch then you can Wi-Fi it to your preferred router VPN in either Edge, Firefox or Chrome so you can then view your texts and emails in real time or have them stored in the cloud so you can read them when it’s convenient like while driving 70 mph on the interstate……..I’m sorry but this old man is still at the level of, I’ll call you when I get home on the kitchen wall phone so I can hear you better…….A man has gotta know his limitations……..

jeepster09
10-19-2023, 09:39 AM
ahhh i'm able to log in again :typing: hasn't worked at all for awhile :amflag:

Bawanna
10-19-2023, 01:34 PM
JohnH has the host working on this. It apparently was a Chrome issue which they apparently fixed.
Now if they could come over and fix my computer we'd all be tickled.

kenemoore
10-20-2023, 05:59 AM
I think my issue is with the site's security certificate. When it does not work on my PC, doesn't work on my phone also. Working okay now, hit or miss last few weeks.

berettabone
10-20-2023, 08:25 AM
I also have had issues with the site's security certificate for a long time. It's one reason why I won't post pics. In most cases my computer won't let me post personal pics but will allow some internet pics. I could turn it off, but that kind of defeats the purpose of having security in the first place.