PDA

View Full Version : a christmas present for my cm 9 edc / idpa bug gun

bugs
12-20-2023, 06:27 PM
after 12 yrs. of faithful service and almost 11k rds. down range w/o failure, I 've replaced the original recoil spring assm. hope the new one will last as long .

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELIEVER

97hmcs@excite.com
12-21-2023, 03:55 AM
Kinda like replace it every 12 years whether it needs it or not. This is good to know.

yqtszhj
12-21-2023, 08:47 AM
That is a real testament to the durability of the spring. Out of curiosity, how much difference do you notice between the 11k spring and the new one when you rack the slide?

Bawanna
12-21-2023, 10:22 AM
And it was still working, not surprised. I very seldom replace recoil springs. Figure the gun will let me know when it's time. One large exception was my very old Hi Power. A Buenas Aires police gun. Always a jambomatic. Replace the recoil spring but didn't get it out to shoot for a few years. When I finally did it runs like a Swiss Kahr and plumb accurate. Felt really good about that one.
Not that I'm against preventative measures, a new spring never hurt nobody cept maybe your hands if they are hard to install.

bugs
12-22-2023, 01:36 PM
Kowabunga ! a famous Indian once said . I was starting to think that spring would never compress enough so I could seat the assembly ; I would say it is half again as hard to bring the slide back to engage the slide release as it was with the old assembly. I'm 77 so that might have something to do with it (nah !) , although I can slingshot the slide to load from a seated mag no problems. working the slide slingshot wise, it seems pretty close; sliding the slide back to engage the release showed the most difference.

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELIEVER